• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

More Hull Trains woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMorePacers

Established Member
I suppose some of the problem with the 180s are that they've never had a secure future from the moment they was delivered so nobody has the long term incentive to sort out the fundamental issues with a HGR OR alike.

Was they not ordered by FNW/NWT alongside the 175s for a service that never took off and their delivery subsequently diverted to FGW.
I think that the 175s were initially going to be 125mph-capable but that didn't happen. The 180s were always for FGW I think.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clarence Yard

Established Member
The cl.180 were always for FGW and if Go-Ahead hadn’t taken over Thames Trains, there might have been a few more as Thames were eyeing them up for the Oxford services, making a larger production run which would have benefited both GW and TT. I still have the draft TT diagrams somewhere in my loft!

a_c_skinner

Established Member
Apologies if I've asked this before. I've a vague recollection that when GC got the 180s and they went to Heaton they hit levels of reliability much better than before and there was a general view was that they needed to be loved and cared for and were OK if they were.

Failed Unit

Established Member
I don’t have the figures to hand. But the GC ones are better and very respectable when comparing them to a DMU such as a 15x or a 17x

It is just when they start getting compared to the 22x. A good 180 is worse then a bad 22x. Arriva XC don’t give their trains an easy life either.

Status
Not open for further replies.