• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

More Manchester Metro Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BingMan

I have to travel to hospital appointments on the two Jubilee Bank Holidays this week and can find no information about what services run un these or other Bank Holidays.
Anybody able to enlighten me?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Looks like services are running on most/all Metrolink lines on Jubilee Thursday/Jubilee Friday this week, but starting an hour later than would be the case on a normal midweek day. Essentially, it will be a Sunday service.

BeccaOnATrain

Looks like services are running on most/all Metrolink lines on Jubilee Thursday/Jubilee Friday this week, but starting an hour later than would be the case on a normal midweek day. Essentially, it will be a Sunday service.

Yep that's how I understood it was going to be this week too. Sunday service on the Thursday/Friday.

507 001

Established Member
12 minute service on all lines. Don’t think there’s any engineering work on, there’s certainly nothing listed on any of the apps.

Richard P

You don't say when and where you are travelling and I guess it's unlikely to be on Sunday morning but just in case be aware there is a late start to services on the Altrincham line then due to National Rail engineering work

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
You don't say when and where you are travelling and I guess it's unlikely to be on Sunday morning but just in case be aware there is a late start to services on the Altrincham line then due to National Rail engineering work
Think the OP mentioned travelling today/tomorrow, i.e. the two Jubilee Bank holidays.

Useful heads up regarding the Altrincham line on Sunday 5th June 2022. Replacement buses operating that day between Altrincham and Timperley between 7.00 a.m and approximately 9.20 a.m.

BingMan

Think the OP mentioned travelling today/tomorrow, i.e. the two Jubilee Bank holidays.

Useful heads up regarding the Altrincham line on Sunday 5th June 2022. Replacement buses operating that day between Altrincham and Timperley between 7.00 a.m and approximately 9.20 a.m.

Yes. Sunday service. Increased the journey time by about ten minutes.

BingMan

I wonder how @BingMan actually fared with the required hospital transport over the two Bank Holidays in the end?
I allowed an extra thirty minutes and was early for both appointments.
The route was Piccadilly to West Didsbury changing at St Peters
Eight minute waits rather than five for the connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.