• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

More police misbehaviour: are they trying to deliberately wind the public up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the sniper

Established Member
Yep, just arse covering.

As well as the ones that tuned a blind eye to the flashing.

And all those involved in solving many other murders, rapes, violent crimes...? This isn't a Police problem, this is your problem. You're displaying a dangerous lack of rationality and perspective, somewhat ironically.

Funnily enough, while it may be hard to see from the limited highlights provided by your chosen social media streams, the vast majority of Police work has nothing to do with enforcing petty Covid laws.

The police needed 5 officers to manhandle a 5'2'' slight lady. Think on this, FIVE.

Common misapprehension which doesn't really make any sense, but makes for a good line. Take the Police out of this and 'think on this'... Simply, if you're lifting a person, it's far safer for multiple people to do it. Multiple people are less likely to drop something and less force is exerted on individual points. Try lifting an person by yourself without hurting/injuring them (bruising at least). It'll look ugly, at least. This really isn't complicated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
The right to protest is fundamental to a functioning democracy

Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill 2021​

goes through, it will be an outrage

Last edited:

the sniper

Established Member
Everyone. This is important. Whether you are for or against police actions at that vigil, please watch this video.

The redhead that was arrested is an actress.

The #reclaimthesestreets people have some unusual links in their backgrounds.

Folks, we are being played. And falling for it

She's an 'actress'/unemployed. Okay, she knew how to play her part, but it's highly likely she was just there protesting like many others, of her own volition. There's no great conspiracy here.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
If she did then good on 'er. This sort of police behaviour and govt supression of protests needs calling out, and the focus this has placed on the new policing law the govt was trying to sneak through and which would make it basically impossible to gather or protect (in non-COVID times) is also highly welcome. Perhaps this means some good will come of the situation.

Question. Why, of all the people handled roughly by police at demonstrations over the past 12 months, where footage was widely available, do they choose to interview this person?

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
Question. Why, of all the people handled roughly by police at demonstrations over the past 12 months, where footage was widely available, do they choose to interview this person?

Erm, because pictures of her being arrested have been beamed all over the world in the last 48 hours?*

Couldn't quote you directly, your post is messed up.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Now there’s a different agenda seemingly, where it’s ok to break the law?
I really don't know why people keep on hanging to the notion that the vigil was illegal?

There is a good chance that it was legal anyway.

And if the Met had engaged with the organisers it would definitely have been legal.

As far as I can tell, the only people who have an agenda where it's ok to break the law are the Met!

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Common misapprehension which doesn't really make any sense, but makes for a good line. Take the Police out of this and 'think on this'... Simply, if you're lifting a person, it's far safer for multiple people to do it. Multiple people are less likely to drop something and less force is exerted on individual points. Try lifting an person by yourself without hurting/injuring them (bruising at least). It'll look ugly, at least. This really isn't complicated.

What has that got to do with it!? This could be construed as battery in law. What right does 1, 2, 5 policemen have to manhandle a person if they aren't causing a danger to themselves or others?

the sniper

Established Member
What has that got to do with it!? This could be construed as battery in law. What right does 1, 2, 5 policemen have to manhandle a person if they aren't causing a danger to themselves or others?

I was replying to the point that was being made...

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
Can someone please tell me how cressida DICK still has a job after she killed Jean Charles de Menezes? Anyone? Someone? No? Ok.

Danny Cotton got sacked despite her actions resulting in many less deaths, where's cressida's P45 Sadiq?

chorleyjeff

What the BBC aren't (yet?) reporting is the poor behaviour by police which is readily available on social media, such as:

Here are some excellent observations (as always) from Adam Wagner:

Yet again the police have been caught behaving in a disgraceful manner; they appear to be trying to turn the public against them as much as possible.

We do NOT consent!

If there are any police officers reading this, please talk to your Unions, please talk to your commanding officers, and please urge that the force stops behaving in such a disgraceful manner.

I would hugely respect any officer who threatens to resign over police behaviour during this pandemic. If I worked for an organisation that was acting in such a way, I would be threatening to resign, for sure.

Is this really the place for political posturing on the basis of partial information ?
I wonder whether if the same happened to a poor, unemployed, not good looking non metropolitan and inarticulate friends would generate the same or similar response. Of course not.
An entirely different matter. I forgot my password and asked for reset. The catcha question is what city is Paddington Station in. London is their answer but, in fact, the City of Lodon is some miles away. Perhaps Westminster is a better answer.

I was replying to the point that was being made...
It is much safer for a person resisting arrest to be restrained by more than a couple police officers. But anti police activists will argue otherwise to suit their agenda. Don't let factual info. get in the way of a prejudiced opinion seems to be the social media group think.

Ediswan

Established Member
Can someone please tell me how cressida DICK still has a job after she killed Jean Charles de Menezes? Anyone? Someone? No? Ok.
It would be going way off topic, but I could bring myself to forgive the outcome. It is the subsequent disinformation and cover-up I can't forgive.

Mods, if this diversion does take off, please do move elsewhere.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
And all those involved in solving many other murders, rapes, violent crimes...? This isn't a Police problem, this is your problem. You're displaying a dangerous lack of rationality and perspective, somewhat ironically.

Funnily enough, while it may be hard to see from the limited highlights provided by your chosen social media streams, the vast majority of Police work has nothing to do with enforcing petty Covid laws.

Come back when there a no events of half witted police wandering around bothering people about Covid laws until then they are all tarnished.

If they can’t police their own behaviour how are we supposed to it? The complaints procedure is frankly an insult to the public’s intelligence

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
@chorleyjeff I don't really understand what you are trying to say.

This tweet demonstrates the point perfectly:

...Without question: this gathering at Clapham Common is less Covid safe, more angry and much more radical in terms of the voices dominating it, than if the Met had reached an agreement with #ReclaimTheseStreets for a marshalled events. (Instead, it is led by
@SistersUncut...

The police are responsible for what happened; they created a vacuum that was filled by a group that was more radical.

This was foreseeable to almost anyone who is capable of common sense, so why couldn't the police see this?

The police scored a massive own goal.

The police's actions are turning this into a far bigger movement; Westminster Bridge has now become blocked with protestors.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...test-video-block-Westminster-Bridge-update-vn
HUNDREDS of furious protestors chanted "f*** the police" as they blocked Westminster Bridge in a huge demonstration against the Government's controversial Crime and Policing Bill.
He said: "If we've learned one thing this weekend, it's the right to protest, the right to gather, the right to have a voice is fundamental to our democracy, and particularly British democracy."

The more defiant Patel, Dick and co are, the more they are winding people up. This could turn really nasty by next weekend if matters don't improve.

the sniper

Established Member
Come back when there a no events of half witted police wandering around bothering people about Covid laws until then they are all tarnished.

If they can’t police their own behaviour how are we supposed to it? The compla8nts procedure is frankly an insult to the public’s intelligence

Well that'd be a useful way to allocate resources. Just divert a few thousand officers away from dealing with proper crime to beef up the Professional Standards Departments so thorough investigations of such pressing cases as whether some PCSO had correctly interpreted the law when they asked Terry in Basildon to wear a face mask in Tesco was just...

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The police seem to be more interested in going for easy targets than proper crime these days. It may be unfair for me to say that, but that's the perception and the image the police are creating.

As far as outdoor recreation is concerned, I think it's fair to say lockdown is now effectively over; people have had enough of being oppressed.

I now see the police are now threatening to escalate matters considerably:

Officers continue to engage with the crowds causing disruption in central London, however we will shortly being moving towards enforcement activity. Please can we ask people to head home immediately’.

I don't think a continuing pattern of escalation is going to make this go away.

The police are effectively not just allowing but encouraging extremists to hijack a very valid cause. They are so stupid to have fallen into this trap. The extremists want an escalation. It's like a game of cat and mouse, with each side looking to gain the upper hand, but the police don't seem to be capable of rational, pragmatic decisions right now. It's very sad to see, and very troubling.

Sky News live:

"The mood has changed"
"This is now an anti police demo"

The police can now be seen surrounding people as matters escalate. But is this going to make the anger go away? or is it going to make matters worse?
skynews.jpg

Last edited:

brad465

Established Member
The police seem to be more interested in going for easy targets than proper crime these days. It may be unfair for me to say that, but that's the perception and the image the police are creating.

As far as outdoor recreation is concerned, I think it's fair to say lockdown is now effectively over; people have had enough of being oppressed.

I now see the police are now threatening to escalate matters considerably:

I don't think a continuing pattern of escalation is going to make this go away.

The police are effectively not just allowing but encouraging extremists to hijack a very valid cause. They are so stupid to have fallen into this trap. The extremists want an escalation. It's like a game of cat and mouse, with each side looking to gain the upper hand, but the police don't seem to be capable of rational, pragmatic decisions right now. It's very sad to see, and very troubling.

Sky News live:

The police can now be seen surrounding people as matters escalate. But is this going to make the anger go away? or is it going to make matters worse?
View attachment 92498
Yes this is why the police protest bill going through Parliament could well backfire: it gives them more powers to prevent and breakup protests, but recent days have shown if they intervene too much things only get worse.

Furthermore I'm expecting widescale protesting in many countries around the world in response to injustices Covid has exposed. We saw in June how an issue in the US saw protesting expand around the world, including here; I expect the same will happen again, regardless of any legislation against it existing.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Well that'd be a useful way to allocate resources. Just divert a few thousand officers away from dealing with proper crime to beef up the Professional Standards Departments so thorough investigations of such pressing cases as whether some PCSO had correctly interpreted the law when they asked Terry in Basildon to wear a face mask in Tesco was just...
That sounds like another poor Police solution to the problem.

How about not doing it with a few thousand police offers? Are you suggesting the behaviour of the Police is so poor we need thousands to hold them to account?

As stated above the Police made the weekends issues, it was plain to see what was going to happen. How one institution can be so arrogant, ignorant and stupid from top to bottom is astounding

An independent body to monitor the police that isn’t full of ex copper pals from the gold club would be a start.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
That's the impression you give. :lol:

A woman who attended a vigil for Sarah Everard in south London says she was ignored when she tried to report a case of indecent exposure to police.

Ms Ashby told the BBC she tried to speak to a group of police but a male officer told her they had "had enough with the rioters tonight".

Time and time and time again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Journeyman

Established Member
The police have created a massive problem for themselves here. I see a very unsettled time ahead with the potential for some real trouble.

sheff1

Established Member
Everyone. This is important. Whether you are for or against police actions at that vigil, please watch this video.

The redhead that was arrested is an actress
Are you suggesting an actress should not be taking part in a vigil/protest ?

If so, what other occupations are barred ?
If not, what has her occupation got to do with anything ?

It is quite clear the police were not acting, so it was not some sort of strange public drama performance.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
@chorleyjeff I don't really understand what you are trying to say.

This tweet demonstrates the point perfectly:

The police are responsible for what happened; they created a vacuum that was filled by a group that was more radical.

This was foreseeable to almost anyone who is capable of common sense, so why couldn't the police see this?

The police scored a massive own goal.

The police's actions are turning this into a far bigger movement; Westminster Bridge has now become blocked with protestors.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...test-video-block-Westminster-Bridge-update-vn

The more defiant Patel, Dick and co are, the more they are winding people up. This could turn really nasty by next weekend if matters don't improve.
And still using the same tactics. Picking off one (random?) individual and dragging them to the ground...

Attachments

• 55E2CB54-E605-41E0-9CB4-3C8AA31D13AB.png
    55E2CB54-E605-41E0-9CB4-3C8AA31D13AB.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
  • 9912F396-1045-4287-AB35-741EAEF625A8.png
    9912F396-1045-4287-AB35-741EAEF625A8.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
  • C3509F4F-63FB-47BA-A7E8-B0D266D579F2.png
    C3509F4F-63FB-47BA-A7E8-B0D266D579F2.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 13

brad465

Established Member
The police have created a massive problem for themselves here. I see a very unsettled time ahead with the potential for some real trouble.
Yes and this bill set to restrict protesting more isn't go to help improve perception of the police if they exercise the powers (assuming the bill will pass), serving only to make any protest that does happen more violent.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
Erm, because pictures of her being arrested have been beamed all over the world in the last 48 hours?*

Couldn't quote you directly, your post is messed up.
Media could easily have ‘found’ footage of other similar wrestled-to-the-ground arrests, at other demonstrations, in the past 12 months, to ‘beam around the world’ as you put it. Most of the live streams from such events are still up on YouTube.
Why are they now saying police behaviour at this event is unacceptable but was somehow acceptable at those other events??

Journeyman

Established Member
Media could easily have ‘found’ footage of other similar wrestled-to-the-ground arrests, at other demonstrations, in the past 12 months, to ‘beam around the world’ as you put it. Most of the live streams from such events are still up on YouTube.
Why are they now saying police behaviour at this event is unacceptable but was somehow acceptable at those other events??
I think you need to take the tinfoil hat off.

Journeyman

Established Member
Labour hate it and several Tories hate it. It'll need a miracle to pass at this rate.
There's quite a conflict in the Tory Party between the libertarians and authoritarians, but I don't know how the numbers stack up. This legislation won't apply in Scotland, so I assume the SNP will abstain. I suspect the government will win this, their majority is huge. It would take an enormous rebellion for them to lose.

HSTEd

Veteran Member
The government will likely be driven to the Parliament Act to pass it however.

Status
Not open for further replies.