• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

More then flesh and blood can stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisg

When I joined the 0700 First Capital Connect service from Brighton to Bedford this morning, the world was a different place. My mood ws light and my thoughts jovial. After reading The Times for a while I thought I would take a short nap. Burgess Hill is my normal napping station, so I closed my eyes and relaxed. I awoke, 30 minutes later, not to the Sussex countryside wizzing past, but to Gatwick Airport, stationary.

Sadly, the train in front of us has broken down. Fine I thought, I might not miss my connection to Cambridge (and then to Thetford) from King's Cross, it might all be alright. I stayed upbeat But no. The driver said he had to change from one end of the train to the other, so we could reverse down the line to another signal and go up the slow line. So he trooped down the train. However, he then had to change ends again. And then again. Now we are parked at Three Bridges, and station staff seem to be under the impression we are a different FCC service and have actually arrived early.

I am thinking of starting up a rousing chorus of 'Roll Out The Barrel' in order to life the glum moods of my fellow travellers. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

I must say our driver has been excellent - he seems as annoyed by all this as we are. He has kept us consistently informed, even when the news was dire. Full marks to him, at least!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

chrisg

You still on this train? Has it got anywhere yet?

We have departed now. Estimated arrival time at London St. Pancras is 09.26.

Does anyone know if I am entitled to claim any money back? I travelled from Worthing with my Zones 1-6 Gold card. London to Thetford is another ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.