• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent - 2006 Trellis Anniversary rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

(those who visit www.tubechallenge.com will know what I'm on about)

As you all know, 2006 marks the anniversary of that venerable icon of MC, Mrs Trellis, playing in her first professional tournament. No one is sure exactly WHICH anniversary it is, but we know that her anniversary will be held at some point during the year (thanks to the statisticians for that fact).

To celebrate the old crone's achievement, this game shall be played continually until some point in 2006. For want of a better date, I suggest my birthday - April the 15th as the earliest date this game may finish. Of course, we may continue after this date in order to edify Mrs Trellis further.

Remember folks, no one may play the winning move "Mornington Crescent" before this date, even if someone leaves it wide open will an ill-advised triple reverse pike with token exchange on a Thursday.

Anyone who plays MC BEFORE April the 15th will be banned from posting on the entire forum until that date (and I mean it - we will NOT tolerate people making a mockery of Mrs Trellis)

Just going to add on a few rules....

You must fully explain your move around the board due to the complexity of the board, with a full reference to the rules used when playing.

So, let's begin with a favourite of the tubechallengers...

AMERSHAM

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No choice but to make the next station Chesham, simply to clear out the northern stations and give the next few players more choice further to Central London.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Good try, but that causes a triple Metropolitan Railway Loop, throwing you into knip for the next 8 goes, or until three consecutive stations on the Jubilee line are mentioned.

Stanmore

T

Tom

Following on to Mojo's post, I will ensure Nitro is in knip (and therefore can not play for 8 moves)... so we move to...

EPPING

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I shall move on to Morden, because I am bored in an ICT lesson - don't ask how that relates! :P

David

Established Member
Using the 'Move anywhere you like' Rule*, I take us to Upminster

*Invented by me, because I am bored :P

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
But even prior to you creating such a stupid rule, you'd have been able to do that anyways ;) :?

Marylebone

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Bank, because I need some ££

Sprinter

Then we shall go to Brent Cross to get some Christmas pressies as it is a direct route from Bank what with the complexities of Camden Town

Nitro

Then we take a Northen Line train which terminates at Edgware
(Hope i wont be in knip again :!: )

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Using the Edgware expressway rule, I end up at Edgware Road Bakerloo.

Tom B

Established Member
Under the Evil Edna rules of 1982, I can move to Arnos Grove.

T

Tom

Just a reminder, you must say why you are permitted to do this move!

As part of the London Game rule, as Arnos Grove is not on the London Game map (mini one), I am permitted to go to Baker Street, where the lost station office is.

So..

BAKER STREET

Tom B

Established Member
Now under the SSL Weekend Closure Rules of 2005 I can hop to... Liverpewl Street.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Under the Heathrow Terminal 4 Closure Rules 2005, I am allowed to go to Heathrow Terminal 4 HEx station :lol:

Nitro

Well under the non completed extension of the DLR to King George V rule (which i made up) im going to Canning Town

evil_hippo

I give up. You are looking at the network of steel rails across London, not the mornington crescent board!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
evil_hippo said:
I give up. You are looking at the network of steel rails across London, not the mornington crescent board!

No, Zoltan, he was allowed to do that. You are forgetting the amendment Samantha made back in '96 to the "Commoners" Rulebook.

Nitro

Well what a surprise i actually get something right for once in this game :P :D :)

EDIT: Can we clear this up, was i allowed to do that or not... and if no please can someone please give me the rules of the Mornington Crescent board or whatever

T

Tom

I give up!

You can't use rules which don't exist on a Mornington Crescent board!

T

Tom

Finally, a good player to contend with....

So, using the reversal of the King's flight rules (as stated in the commoners rules by Samantha) we can take a trip up to

TOTTERIDGE & WHETSTONE

evil_hippo

Contoversial.

The Aldwych reverse steps move, ratified by De Gaulle, with a bit of skill can just about see me to Dartmouth Park Avenue.

evil_hippo

I'll upset it as much as I want. It's a slow process but at some time or another you'll end up blocked.

I, meanwhile, can take Eastern Parelell introduced controversially in the revised version of the King George rules which shoudl lead me to Canada Water.

Status
Not open for further replies.