• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Challenge

Established Member
But it might be a good idea to escape out of Greater London after all these legal issues: Epping

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Having previously been caught out by the rule of six (well played, @A Challenge), I'll have to go with the rule of three and play a third L with London Bridge.

Arglwydd Golau

Established Member
Having previously been caught out by the rule of six (well played, @A Challenge), I'll have to go with the rule of three and play a third L with London Bridge.
having already used the Berskevski defence are you allowed to do that? Well, if the mods have allowed you to play a third L I'll make a sign of four with Baker Street

Ostrich

So by natural progression, the next move, surely, has to be to Heathrow Terminal 5 ....

Trackman

Established Member
Just to be clear, which rules are we using and if escalators are allowed? I was thinking of playing the Hammersmith & City spiral gambit (Wednesdays only) so I need to be sure. Sorry for MC newbies who play against this and I win on the next move.
I think an easy game of Lord Grosvenor’s original metropolitan rules would be in order, but it's gone too far that too.
anyway in the meantime I am going to play this very strong move which should raise a few eyebrows: Dollis Hill.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Just to be clear, which rules are we using and if escalators are allowed?

February 2021 Lockdown Simplified Rules as stated in the opening post. Consulting them indicates that escalators are allowed but only but only in the down direction apart from when you're playing an opposite diagonal.
Dollis Hill

Interesting choice! Though I think if I go for Old Holborn that should see to that!

A Challenge

Established Member
Interesting move there, though I suppose at least it's not south of the Thames straight from Queensway

Wood Green

nlogax

Established Member
February 2021 Lockdown Simplified Rules as stated in the opening post. Consulting them indicates that escalators are allowed but only but only in the down direction apart from when you're playing an opposite diagonal.

All well and good but it was never specified if there was a Sundays Only exception or if the Bustitution Manoeuvere was in use. So I have no option but to go with

Shepherd's Bush

najaB

Veteran Member
All well and good but it was never specified if there was a Sundays Only exception or if the Bustitution Manoeuvere was in use. So I have no option but to go with

Shepherd's Bush
Of course we have bustiution, but only at half-capacity to comply with social distancing requirements. Which means that, rather than the conventional move, I'll play Shoreditch High Street.

SteveM70

Established Member
Blimey. That’s a brave move. Well played.

Er......as long as Moreton’s Second Parallel isn’t in play I think I can go with Ickenham

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Blimey. That’s a brave move. Well played.

Er......as long as Moreton’s Second Parallel isn’t in play I think I can go with Ickenham

My word. That is the maverick and unexpected move. Reminisenct of the great Dutch player Kenning van Hire. Big rewards but so many penalties if it goes wrong. Avoiding the Hillingdon/uxbridge paradox is tricky - BUT with the long presence of the USAF in the area I think, I hope, I pray that this move will get us out of trouble:

Pentagon

Trackman

Established Member
Thanks I managed to download the PDF, as it states Mainline stations are wild so I can play the tricky move of:
Euston

A Challenge

Established Member
I'll be off to Little Venice (it's almost Italy) for the artisan tinned spaghetti then - Warwick Avenue

Romsey

Mention of food, even tinned spaghetti, has made me feel hungry again. By use of a transverse mercator projection, I offer Pudding Mill Lane

najaB

Veteran Member
Mention of food, even tinned spaghetti, has made me feel hungry again. By use of a transverse mercator projection, I offer Pudding Mill Lane
Don't forget though that the Mercator Projection exaggerates North/South distances, so that should probably have been Mile End.

Ostrich

Well, I subscribe to the Theory of General Relativity, so a safe, short move to Bethnal Green

najaB

Veteran Member

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hold up everyone!
I just saw @ainsworth74 jump into a vent and I think he might be the impostor.

Status
Not open for further replies.