• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tony_mac

Established Member
Crossrail's in play is it?
I thought that, due to the LuL Engineering Works conventions 1875 (As amended), you had to wait for the escalators. (I think Death is the expert on these regulations, if he is around).

I'm tempted to try and play St James for ..... Sports Direct.

But, a little more traditionally;
'Westbourne Park' for the Apollo Pizza and Kebab shop.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Crossrail's in play is it?
I thought that, due to the LuL Engineering Works conventions 1875 (As amended), you had to wait for the escalators. (I think Death is the expert on these regulations, if he is around).

I'm tempted to try and play St James for ..... Sports Direct.

But, a little more traditionally;
'Westbourne Park' for the Apollo Pizza and Kebab shop.

good choice sir as it is no longer called St James Park ( It is the Sports Direct Arena HAHAHAHAHA :D)

Although as Tony_mac has now opened the Hanson varaiation ( football ground stations) i will play.................................

High Barnet (for Underhill)

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Okay, that's a sound move.

I'm afraid I'll have to play defensively, depositing a white token and moving to North Acton.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Looks like I was beaten to it!

So I'll amend my move to White City, for Loftus Road.

Looks like I've lost that white token for good! :(

tony_mac

Established Member
I assume that you mean Parson Street?

If so, I shall use the original Ecclesiastical Office Measures and play

Canons Park

I think that only leaves 2 legal moves.....

Buttsy

Established Member
Only if we're on Lipman's, Stovold's suggest 5, one of which is surely Dagenham Heathway

tony_mac

Established Member
I must admit, I wasn't expecting that.

I can't really attack from there; so I will play a variation of the French defence, with the obvious short hop to....

Hainault

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I am something of a maverick - I refuse to be bound by the conventional approach to MC playing. I take my as my inspiration the superb comeback displayed by Kenning van Hire in the 1992 World Championship Final at the Palace Hotel in Reno. His subsequent breakdown robbed the MC of a genius. I believe he now works as a road sweeper in Aachen.

My move, in that light is..................Pontoon Dock!

Buttsy

Established Member
Nice move. I'll think I'll use the move used by his rival Hertz van Rental in the South African open in 1989 (boycotted by most professionals as it went against the Gleneagles agreement) and play All Saints

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Kenning Van Hire - there is a name to conjure with!

The South African Open in 1989 is a risky one to reference - there is still a lot of unpleasantness about that championship. I have heard that it almost led to the implosion of the WMCA. I understand Sky were willing to offer the proposed WPMCA a large wedge of cash to cover the new championship.

However, there was some intense match play and the quality was very high. In that respect:

Snaresbrook

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Putney.

(Using the Bakerloo line, of course...)

I really must object to Putney.

This is the result of just making up the rules as you go along, and we all remember the gory fate meted out to Brigadier Hetherington-Smellie during his life or death game in 1944.

There really is only one play following such a scoundrel....

Headstone Lane

adtrainz

Using the power of time travel, as described in the Lipmans-Mortimer prophecy, we head to...

Emirates Greenwich Peninsula.

There's only one way out from there...

Status
Not open for further replies.