Morocco

Discussion in 'International Transport' started by shredder1, 30 Oct 2019.

1. shredder1

shredder1 Established Member

Any informtion appreciated, are rover tickets availabe, are they photographic friendly? Flying into Marrakesh, hope to travel around the country.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. hexagon789

hexagon789 Established Member

This page on the seat61 site has some information about tickets:

4. shredder1

Thank you very much,

5. MarcVD

MarcVD Member

I went there in 2010 (all the way by non high speed train from Charleroi, Belgium) and while there, did Tanger-Fez, Meknes-Marrakech, and Marrakech-Casablanca. I took lots of pictures, many in front of railway employees, and never got any rermark or reaction. But I always stayed within the limits of zones accessible to the general public. Train tickets were dirt cheap, even in first class, which garantees you a seat. I did not bother trying to get cheaper tickets, it was not worth the hassle...

6. shredder1

Thats fantastic and just what I was looking for, I`ll be roving around doing similar, thank you very much, appreciated.

7. Polarbear

Polarbear Established Member

My understanding is that there are no rover tickets in Morocco, but as has been said upthread, the rail fares are very cheap. Go for 1st class air con if you can.

Happy travelling.

8. Jamesrob637

Jamesrob637 Member

I went from Tanger-Med (port) to Tanger-Ville almost five years ago to this day and it was an SNCF "nez cassé" like a 7200 hauling just two coaches! I can't remember the fare; around €6/£5 return I think so not bad. Lots of spectacular viaducts along the way.

9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Member

No, from my experience they aren't photography friendly. When I took the train a few years ago from Tangiers to Marrakech I got a very bad reaction when I tried to take a picture of the train

10. shredder1

Thank you very much for all the additional advice, I`ll take it on board, much appreciated.