• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

mosquito devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprite

I was thinking if there was a platform staff etc on duty, the device would be turned off anyway. As the staff member would be able to keep an eye and would move any riff-raff or troublemakers on.

Also I am led to believe these devices only cause great annoyance after a certain period of time. A genuine traveller won't be around long enough (especially at Ealing BDY) to get annoyed by it... but the people hanging around for a long time, loitering, drinking, taking drugs etc etc.. would get the effect and 'move on'

Oh and for the record, I am in mid 20's and have worked on the railway since late teens! :)

But a 30 year old loitering would NOT be detered by it, where as a 16 year old waiting for the last train home after meeting with friends would be.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
And not only could be classed as a type of torture (like any white noise systems) but also causes Industrial Deafness Disorder.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Also I am led to believe these devices only cause great annoyance after a certain period of time.

Everything I've read about them suggests that they are designed to cause discomfort as soon as you can hear them rather than a build up over a period of time.

For the record I'm completely opposed to them and would happily sign a petition asking for a change in legislation and if any appear in my local area I will certainly be writing to the business in question to complain as well as the local council and my MP.

ukrob

Established Member
Also I am led to believe these devices only cause great annoyance after a certain period of time. A genuine traveller won't be around long enough (especially at Ealing BDY) to get annoyed by it... but the people hanging around for a long time, loitering, drinking, taking drugs etc etc.. would get the effect and 'move on'

Totally wrong I'm afraid, they are instant as soon as you get near one.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Has the matter of this device ever been raised in any parliamentary debate or had a Government statement in response to a written question from an MP during any such discussions.

Have the Police Federations made any statements on this type of device, whilst it is still deemed as legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.