• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Most depressing song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simming

Hurt - Johnny Cash, as its one of his last greats, from a great musician.

Behind Blue Eyes - The Who, is sometimes a good one, along with a few other of there songs

Everybody Hurts - REM

There are others but I canee remember the names of them off by heart

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Demps

There is no doubt about it anything dido sets me in a mood where i want to kill myself, ha.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Demps said:
There is no doubt about it anything dido sets me in a mood where i want to kill myself, ha.
well thats odd - I have the 2 main albums by her and a live album by her and it cheers me up...... :s

i find anything depressingly sad if i havent taken my meds so..... your all right

but mostly nightwish, the rasmus and incubus....

ps anyone say rasmus is rubbish and i wont ever talk to them again!!!!!

Dave A

rasmus is rubbish!

Yay, does that mean your never gonna talk to me again :p :lol:

I find Mad World, by the numerous people who have sung it, quite sad.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Simming said:
Hurt - Johnny Cash, as its one of his last greats, from a great musician.

Behind Blue Eyes - The Who, is sometimes a good one, along with a few other of there songs

Everybody Hurts - REM

There are others but I canee remember the names of them off by heart

My mum tells me she want's Everybody Hurts playing at her funeral. Doesn't she realise it's a depressing enough song as it is without making it any worse. I keep telling her she must feel insecure about people feeling sad, and wants to make damn sure they do, aswell as telling her that she is very morbid to have discussions like that when she's a healthy 49 year old, but she is one of these who likes to be organised. Somebody I barely knew or even to be honest liked (she was nice enough, but nearly always moaning and very hard to get rid of) had "Wind beneath my Wings" at her funeral that I attended and I can't hear that without feeling quite depressed.
Perhaps to cheer the thread up a bit we should also discuss top feel-good songs. I would start, but I'm to depressed (and tired) to think of any at the moment.

Sprog

Established Member
ohhhh, thats a point!

I want Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde played at my funeral! :)

H

HR2

A song I find depressing [and which you young folk won't know about] is 'The Three Bells' by The Browns. First came out in the fifties.

metrocammel

evil_hippo said:
Girlfriend in a coma - The smiths
In fact, anything by the smiths.

I quite agree... Morrisey has the most depressing "want to hang yourself" sort of voice anyone could wish to have...

<<<<"I AM NOW A BLUE TRAIN"

H

HR2

A group who I detest is OASIS who make rubbish. Gallagher can't sing a note and he cuddles the mike as if he was expiring. When he does moan into the mike it sounds like a dirge. It's enough to give you pyeyakky

Status
Not open for further replies.