• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Most Desired TS2018 Route In The UK That Should Be Made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Local lines for me - Highland Main Line, Far North/Kyle lines and Aberdeen - Inverness.

I would have to say a route from London St Pancras international to Kingsbury EMR. Which could then be combined with a new game in the 'simulator' series, entitled Gas Axe simulator which allows the player to consign those nasty reusable Eurostar trains to lots of little bits of scrap metal. And on that note I shall get my coat and call TAXI!!!!!!
:lol:

Paul

Wivenswold

Established Member
LTS in the 80s or 90s for me. Spent my time as a youth travelling on that.
I'm hoping for a Crossrail extension to the existing GEML/GWR lines including 345s.

Incidentally, for EMU fans, Armstrong Powerhouse/Waggonz will shortly be releasing a 314/315 pack which will finish off the GEML route nicely.

I'd go for the South Eastern Mainline as far as Dover (including the Folkestone Harbour branch). It had boat-train traffic in the days before the Chunnel and Eurostar.

Wivenswold

Established Member
WCML From London Euston to either Crewe Manchester or Preston

I think it's likely that DTG will put out a further section of the WCML now they've got a partnership with Virgin West Coast. They've released the APT and updated the Voyager and Pendos recently. It seems pretty good business sense to stimulate further sales in those trains by producing a new section of track to run them on. My money would be on Crewe to Preston. There's a freeware WCML from Euston to Birmingham that's very good but you need a lot of other DLC for it to work properly. A rumour did appear a few days back that DTG are about to release London Euston to Birmingham themselves but add salt to that one.

alex17595

I would like to see more networks rather than single routes. I enjoy the Weardale network and the map where the South london network and others have been patched together.
Shame it is difficult to find scenarios for the latter.

Wivenswold

Established Member
I would like to see more networks rather than single routes. I enjoy the Weardale network and the map where the South london network and others have been patched together.
Shame it is difficult to find scenarios for the latter.
There's a chap called "Danny" in the Workshop who patches London and South East routes together. Some is work in progress but they're pretty good.

I also recommend "backdatedtrainsim.weebly.com" he's done an LT version of the East London Line, a blue era North London Line (including Broad Street and North Woolwich) and the Hastings Branch, again really high standard and free (though I generally donate a few pounds to say thank you).

Sounds like they may be your sort of thing.

dm.701

I have to agree with the first reply to this thread, more Scottish routes with a higher standard of detail. Would love to see the Highland Main Line modelled from Stirling or Perth to Inverness.

SquireBev

From Brighouse, now in Brum, via Worcester
The old MSTS KWVR & Queensbury triangle route was my favourite. Someone is producing the KWVR for TS but I’ve not heard anything recently.

There is a fan-made KWVR available to download on UKtrainsim, but it needs so many other files that it seems more trouble than it's worth.

A professionally-made addon with everything in one place would ve great!

DasLunatic

I'd personally quite like the West Anglia Mainline (to Cambridge, minimum) and the Lea Valley lines. Tack in a new 317 and I think we'll be well set.

Wivenswold

Established Member
A chap by the name of Nathan Smith is adding Cambridge to Liverpool Street to his ECML South route. You'll find him on Facebook and google.

Sadly no news on the 317 though WAGN (along with all of their other liveries) 315s have just been released by Armstrong Powerhouse and a very good pack it is too.

As it is a local line, something like Brighton - Portsmouth Harbour.
They had that in Microsoft train Sim and I loved that to bits.
Or Brighton to Ashford international or something.

Away from home, sad as it may seem, Stourbridge Town - Junction would be a great one joke wise...

harryclewis

We need a good passenger route with lots of different services and some non-linear aspects. A first suggestion I would make is the West Coastway route, running from Brighton-Southampton. This could have branches to Portsmouth Harbour, Bognor Regis and Littlehampton. The variety of services would make a good selection of scenarios, for example, Brighton-Southampton, Brighton-Portsmouth Harbour, Portsmouth Harbour-Littlehampton, West Worthing-Worthing and more. The stock would be the 377 and 313, one of which DTG already has made. The route would have excellent user-made scenario opportunities, such as the use of FGW and SWR trains especially in the western region of this line.

I don't see it happening, however. We can only hope DTG give this area some much-needed love, as the Portsmouth Direct Line is feeling rather dated at this point.

Iskra

Established Member
I agree about the desire for more 'network' routes. I'm personally not a fan of lines that involve predominantly EMU's.

I'd personally like to see Leeds-Skipton. Leeds itself is a glaring omission from the game. It could perhaps include the KWVR too. You'd be able to realistically use class Northern 321/2, 142, 144, 150, 153, 158 as well as VTEC HST, class 91. The line also sees regular freights, plus Network rail test trains, regular railtours and stock moves involving heritage diesel and steam.

I'm also a bit surprised that the Liverpool-Manchester line hasn't been used as a base for any other routes yet on the workshop or otherwise.

itznonbine

Ive heard people want the South Western Mainline to Weymouth (even Qwerty Afro (YouTuber) wants it)
I wouldn't mind that or Heart of Wessex line

We need a good passenger route with lots of different services and some non-linear aspects. A first suggestion I would make is the West Coastway route, running from Brighton-Southampton. This could have branches to Portsmouth Harbour, Bognor Regis and Littlehampton. The variety of services would make a good selection of scenarios, for example, Brighton-Southampton, Brighton-Portsmouth Harbour, Portsmouth Harbour-Littlehampton, West Worthing-Worthing and more. The stock would be the 377 and 313, one of which DTG already has made. The route would have excellent user-made scenario opportunities, such as the use of FGW and SWR trains especially in the western region of this line.

I don't see it happening, however. We can only hope DTG give this area some much-needed love, as the Portsmouth Direct Line is feeling rather dated at this point.

Wonder if someone could make it (3rd Party)

Status
Not open for further replies.