• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Most expensive ticket possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailey65

I was curious to see what was the most expensive ticket that could be bought i used national rails season ticket calculator and found a first class 12 month season from penzance to london for an eye watering £33,676,00 this could get even more expensive if sleeper supplements were bought i couldn't see anybody buying one of these though is it the dearest ticket out?.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Z12XE

I tried this last year on Tribute, Berwick on Tweed to London Zones 1-6 1st Class 12 months was just short of £33,000 seemed to be about the most expensive at the time.

Obviously by manually combining fares for say Wick to Penzance you could create much more expensive tickets, but that one above was the most expensive preset fare i could find.

bnm

Established Member
PNZ-Zones 1-6 Travelcard - £34224.00.

Of course, if you really wanted an annual 1st Class season ticket from Penzance to London, then you'd be much better off buying All-Line Rovers.

Assuming 4 weeks annual leave then that would require 24x 14 Day 1st Class ALR at £1040.00ea, total £24960.00. No petty 10am restriction on journeys to/from London with FGW and the huge bonus of being able to travel anywhere in the country. Even with an annual 1-6 Travelcard on top you'd still be saving around £7k.

Status
Not open for further replies.