• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Most intense depot for Drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
I was wondering what the most intense depot is for Drivers taking into account shift times, work content and routes

Whilst subjective certainly Selhurst and Bedford spring to mind but the latter is now effectively dead man's shoes.

I'd imagine most to be London area depots with perhaps a high number at Southeastern and GTR.

I'd also assume high turnover would go hand in hand with such depots

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DA1

I’d throw in maybe one of the Overground depots for work content/routes? New Cross Gate/Willesden Junction? A driver I know left to go from another inner London depot with intense work to ARL only to return back.

craigybagel

Established Member
My first thought was also London Overground. New Cross Gate has been mentioned as a very intense place to work!

Within my own TOC the Valleys depots (Cardiff Valleys, Treherbert and Rhymney) spring to mind. I've seen a fair few of their diagrams and it seems to be 4 hours of all stops driving with very short turnarounds, followed by PNB, followed by another 4 hours intense driving. At least unlike the London area stuff it's not DOO though which probably helps.

Treadstone

How does it work in terms of your routes covered on a day to day basis, I’m guessing you have what’s called core routes? How many of those might a driver have? Do you know what work you will be covering weeks in advance or is the work allocated at random on a day to day basis.

CarrotPie

How does it work in terms of your routes covered on a day to day basis, I’m guessing you have what’s called core routes? How many of those might a driver have? Do you know what work you will be covering weeks in advance or is the work allocated at random on a day to day basis.
This post has more information on things like that. Also, I believe rosters tend to repeat every few weeks; work isn't usually assigned randomly unless there's disruption etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.