• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Most suitable ticket for Eastleigh to St Albans journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM9

Veteran Member
I am trying to find the best ticket for travel from Eastleigh(ESL) to St Albans City(SAC). Details as follows:
Outbound:
leave ESL after 09:00 on Thursday 7th November, travel direct to SAC via Waterloo and Blackfriars.

Return:
leave SAC around 11:00 on Friday 8th November, travel to central London then overnight BOJ
leave Waterloo (time to be determined) Saturday 9th November to travel direct to ESL

Given the uncertain travel times, I have selected the flexible option on Trainsplit which offers an off-peak return (I assume a saver) for £51.70. The intention is to use the break of journey validity to delay the SWR sector journey until the following day. The return portion of the ticket would not be used on the tube on either day. The restriction code for this ticket is UT which as far as I can see does not prohibit break of journey on the return portion.

The offered fare and restriction code is confirmed by BR Fares and the fare only by the NRE planner, (it seems that the lookup for a restriction code isn't working).

I would be grateful if somebody could confirm whether this ticket is appropriate for the itinerary stated, especially the BOJ.

As an check, I have tried three times to confirm the fare on the SWR mixing desk, but each time although the 'journey results' page is correct, trying to use the 'select ticket' button changes the destination to Sandy (with connecting trains at Blackfriars and their times shown for that destination also. I presume that their planner is broken.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
The ticket is fine. There are no weekend time restrictions, UT does not prohibit BoJ and an Offpeak Return is valid to return within one month.
It seems there are staff who don't believe the last one, though!

AM9

Veteran Member
The ticket is fine. There are no weekend time restrictions, UT does not prohibit BoJ and an Offpeak Return is valid to return within one month.
It seems there are staff who don't believe the last one, though!
Thanks for the swift (and positive reply).
Edit: this reply was delayed owing to a power cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.