• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Moving around the cab on a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

Basically, how do you move around a cab on BVE using a laptop without the number pad. is it possible?

I have an 'Fn' button but this does not work (I can get the different tone horns, I just can't move around the cabs.

It's an advent 8109 BTW (peice of rubbish to you techno phopes)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Well assuming your laptop doesn't have the number pad printed onto the right side of the keyboard (on mine 4 is u, 5 is i, 6 is o etc), you will have to buy a separate number pad that plugs into the usb port.

Simon_G

Have you tried the alternative key assignments? Right click and select Option... then Controller and Key Assignments. The drop down list at the top of the dialog gives a number of predefined setups including one for machines without a keypad.

Bizarre

Well assuming your laptop doesn't have the number pad printed onto the right side of the keyboard (on mine 4 is u, 5 is i, 6 is o etc), you will have to buy a separate number pad that plugs into the usb port.

That's what I did - got it from Staples for quite a reasonable price. Has a couple of USB ports itself so acts like a hub as well as a number pad.

Established Member
If you want to move around the cab do what I do , go to the place where you set views and set the keys like this

Y

G H J

N

Its how I do it on a laptop:)

nutter

I've done it similar to you 777fred, using 'T' for up, 'G' for home. 'F' for left, 'H' for right and 'B' for down, and then 'N' for zoom out and 'V' for zoom in

Thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.