• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mr Stripper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
According to 96.4 'The Eagle' radio station (my local), train divers have been stripping at speeds of up to 125mph and filiming it on their mobile phones? :?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
My local radio station has just told us a midland mainline driver was sacked for stripping and taknig a photo while at the controls

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
From what I have read on wnxx it did happen but it was several months ago.

TheSlash

Established Member
Don't forget that you can't take your foot off the DSD pedal for more than 3 seconds and also you need to release and re apply the pedal if you dont touch any controls for 60 seconds

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.

Andy Reid said:
“This is a serious issue. Some people might see this as a bit a laugh but I think most passengers would be a worried if they knew the driver of their train was not fully in control.

“There is a time and a place for pranks and behind the wheel of a train travelling at 125mph is not one of them.”
What wheel? :?

And there are no stretches of 125mph running on this route.

What other 'facts' have they got wrong?

Sprog

Established Member
Freind of mine who drives for MML said:
I work as a driver for MML and know what's happened. Don't believe all what you read in The Sun. For starters we don't travel at 125 mph between Sheffield and London. If they get simple things wrong then you can't expect them to be entirely accurate with the rest of the story.

Id say somthings happened. Its probably just a joke or a dare that got abit of hand. Its only the minority doing it, and someone got caught. Typical of the SUN really to blow things out of proportion. How where they 'playing russian roulette' with peoples lives?? They where obviously in control, and did anything bad to the passengers happen of it? I dont think so.

F*cking Tabloids...

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
spm_43030 said:
How where they 'playing russian roulette' with peoples lives??
I don't know anything about Russian Roulette, but based on the comparison the Sun made, it must have a lot of safety measures.

A button must have to be pressed regularly to ensure you're paying attention and there must be many safety devices in place to ensure safety.

There must be strict entry requirements to play the game, and you would have to train for a quite a long time in order to play it.

;)

Sprog

Established Member
yorkie said:
spm_43030 said:
How where they 'playing russian roulette' with peoples lives??
I don't know anything about Russian Roulette, but based on the comparison the Sun made, it must have a lot of safety measures.

A button must have to be pressed regularly to ensure you're paying attention and there must be many safety devices in place to ensure safety.

There must be strict entry requirements to play the game, and you would have to train for a quite a long time in order to play it.

;)

YES!! Its all so clear now!!
;)
good old sun eh!? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nick

This was EMT, the driver was sacked because they sent photos to a collegue on an express at over 100mph. It's true I reckon.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Plain dark green tie I believe it is.

Oh and Andy Reed is a plonker, if he can get his face in a photo he's round any press story like a fly around dog excrement.

Sprog

Established Member
Royalscot said:
...irregular festivities...

HAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That word filter is a source of never ending amusment!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Royalscot said:
...I think 53 seconds is impossible isn't it?

Wow, 53 seconds, thats a hard :oops: time to beat :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: <D <D

Tom B

Established Member
Think that's a candidate for the RailUK 2005 Worst Pun award ;).

Rather like the cutting on The News Quiz today

"Sex education creates divisions. Girls find it easy but boys just find things getting harder and harder"

Sprog

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Think that's a candidate for the RailUK 2005 Worst Pun award ;).

....No idea what your talking about!!? :? :roll: ;)

:lol: :lol: <D <D

Status
Not open for further replies.