• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mrs Biggs coming soon...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

crewmeal

I'm trying to work out what loco is used in the preview of this drama that's about to be shown on ITV 1. My guess is a 67. Any other ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It doesn't look like a 67 to me. Peak is the closest (or one of the other types with that sort of nose) but is that even a real train, it looks a bit like cheap CGI?

Chris125

Established Member
Wouldnt be surprised if thats been filmed on the GCR, certainly looks like it.

Chris

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Wont be a 67 wouldnt be accurate!
on another note, i love the actor for Mr biggs!

ex-railwayman

Well, if you paused the trailer at 17 seconds you can see the nose of the engine. and as the drama is about the life of Ronnie Biggs, it would include the Great Train Robbery, so, it is a Class 40 as D326 was the locomotive involved, how on earth can anyone consider it to be a Class 67, very strange.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
david l on wnxx wrote

Most of the railway scenes filmed on the ELR earlier this year.

We did try to advise, but it is a 'drama' and as such licence was used.

D335 as D326 though.

The_Rail_WAy

I thought it looked like a 40 used in that particular shot to be honest which would be realistic seing as it was 40 126 involved in the actual robbery.

It was'nt a 67 mate but hey-ho it was less then 10 years ago when I got me head around loco classifications!!

CarltonA

Rumour has it parts of D326/40126 have survived. Allegedly some wheelsets have been reused in a steam loco tender built at a preserved railway. Could be a load of old ........ of course.

fadge

Nice to see the researchers did their job.

The year is 1957 and the train is hauled by a 47 followed by a scene of the train pulling in to the station with a western in the adjacent platform!

Nice work

Jonfun

Established Member
Errr, yes!

Not sure whether you'd call it CGI as such, more very clever editing. They'd taken bits of Manchester Piccadilly, bits of Manchester Victoria, and bits of Bury Bolton Street and merged them digitally into one station - presumably so wherever they filmed individual scenes, it would look 'in place'. Okay looks a bit tacky, but full marks for effort!

102 fan

Twice in the last episode they made reference to 21 inches of pressure!

Status
Not open for further replies.