• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Msn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone else here use MSN? I've just added my address to my profile.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Indeedy, I am on MSN most days, most nights.

If anyone wants to contact me, PM me for the address.

EDIT: 91119, I'm a bit anti-GNER, so I'd advise you not to contact me unless it's about GNER HSTs. Then I'm all ears!

Nitro

I am on most of the time apart if I forget to right click and click "Sign in"!

FGWFan said:
EDIT: 91119, I'm a bit anti-GNER, so I'd advise you not to contact me unless it's about GNER HSTs. Then I'm all ears!
I'll bear that in mind :lol:

Feel free to add me if you wish.

Julian G

Established Member
great someone from GNER to talk to, so I will know how the BEASTLY HSt 43167 Deltic 50-1955-2005 is doing :)

Craig

Established Member
I have added you. My address is also on my profile if others want to add me.

Sprog

Established Member
*jumps on the bandwagon* :lol:

Got nowt to loose!............:D

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
mine be in my profile, often on but noone talks to me much lol - its because I'm welsh init (Ali G accent)

jdjonnay

FGWFan said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm *slowly steps backwards*

Tom B

Established Member
The service, yes, the client, never. For those of you desperately wanting to talk to me (why I have no idea) I think the address is in my profile.

(Err why do we have an advert for MCSE/MCSA at the top of this screen? especially one which claims them to be decent qualifications ;))

class 313

Established Member
I have msn

redhottom [at] hotmail.com

(change [at] with a @)

(Edit - TB2000 - removed email link....)

devon_metro

Established Member
class 313 said:
I have msn
redhottom [at] hotmail.com

(change [at] with a @)

By clicking on that spammers will be in force ;) Take out the email tags if i were you!

Mine would be : paigntonrailwaycentre (at) hotmail.com

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
MSN Messenger is becoming increasingly bloated, it now uses around 45MB RAM and about 20% CPU usage when I'm not doing using it, I've noticed that just adding a background to the windows increases the CPU usage (bad coding?).

A better way to communicate is using an IRC client such as mIRC, which you can use to access the RailUK chat room. How about a chat tonight, say 7:30pm?

devon_metro

Established Member
yorkie said:
MSN Messenger is becoming increasingly bloated, it now uses around 45MB RAM and about 20% CPU usage when I'm not doing using it, I've noticed that just adding a background to the windows increases the CPU usage (bad coding?).

Wow what version are you using? Around 20Mb for me as for CPU usage, Maybe 'Windows Live Messenger is an improvement to 7.5?

Tom B

Established Member
Use gaim - bundled with many distros, or for our friends on Windoze you can download a win32 version in sourceforge.

Gareth Hale

dvn1357 said:
Wow what version are you using? Around 20Mb for me as for CPU usage, Maybe 'Windows Live Messenger is an improvement to 7.5?

Also depends on the system and how much processing it takes, slower the system, the more processing it requires. On my Sempron 64 3100+ it is using 00 and 7.5MB out of my physical memory is taken.

Edit ----
On my brothers Intel Pentium 299MHz it is using 30 CPU and 10MB Memory (which has made his memory run out because he only has 64MB to start with :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ive been in the USA for 2 years today (feb 28h)! (and tubechallenger doesn't care!)

Status
Not open for further replies.