• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MSTS Crash Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Ever seen http://www.daworm.co.uk/zone/mstscrash? There are a few British ones on there.

Not sure how they did this one!

Tunnel%20Hit%20N%20Explode.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

I have noticed a number of Eurostar crashes on there ... shame people don't take of legal notices.

LucaZone

This caused issues for vCTRL on MSTS. Eurostar's contract condition was no ability to crash the train, and when they saw this site.....the talks stopped dead.

I have been in contact with Chris Longhurst and Eurostar regarding the site, and apparently several attempts have been made to get it removed, however the site was simply moved to another ISP and everything had to start again.

Seems to person responsible thinks its funny and doesnt realise the impact of his entertainment on the entire user base of MSTS.

T

Tom

It is a bit of a shame really, I really don't think the person responsible has half a brain. He has probably seen the legal notices and tries to defy them... although a cease & desist order may work as Eurostar can send one out without legal advice, and it is a legal document.

H

HR2

Can anyone explain to me WHY they want to create/upload/view rail crashes at all? In my time I have seen REAL rail crashes and the aftermath of them does not make for keeping your breakfast down. In my opnion people that want to make rail crash sims must be sick or seriously in need of help. There's enough bloody tragedy sites on the net to see the real thing. Ogrish for example.. If you see that then you'll not want to make crash sites.

LucaZone

Matt on UKT always comments that the first thing young kids want to do in MSTS is see how fast the train can go before crashing. Its an immature thing. The sickening part is that someone went to the effort of making a site and broadcast his immaturity.

Can you imagine the downloads : southall.act or selby.act......

Stooopid

Planet Stooopid (5 Earth Seconds = 1 Stooopid Day)
Yes... I agree... The crashes are just for entertainment. I don't believe even if a train crashed at high speeds, it would fly as high as those seen in the first picture. It's just a simulation.

I don't believe the website should be removed. If that website is removed, shouldn't other websites like Darwin Awards be removed as well?

T

Tom

People don't seem to understand legal issues though. By the screenshots on the site with the Eurostar, they are violating T&Cs that Eurostar granted the logo and ultimately that could result in the Eurostar, one of the best trains for MSTS, being withdrawn.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Tom said:
People don't seem to understand legal issues though. By the screenshots on the site with the Eurostar, they are violating T&Cs that Eurostar granted the logo and ultimately that could result in the Eurostar, one of the best trains for MSTS, being withdrawn.
The TGV Duplex is probably the best train out there, great sounds, cab, model, interor, passenger view, etc.

I've ran the Eurostar for MSTS and it barely gets above 260kph, whereas the Duplex can cruise at a good 330+kph. That's running a regional Eurostar too, running a full length one you're lucky to cruise at 230kph!

LucaZone

Jamie said:
I've ran the Eurostar for MSTS and it barely gets above 260kph, whereas the Duplex can cruise at a good 330+kph. That's running a regional Eurostar too, running a full length one you're lucky to cruise at 230kph!

Not sure what you've done then as on my MSTS vCTRL route, it cruises at 320 easy, and even more on the downhill sections. Do you have the latest model from ChrisTrains? not the original? Its much higher detailed although still features the off sized nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.