• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MSTS fault

Which Train sim do you prefer to use?

• MSTS

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • BVE

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hi all

I've uninstalled MSTS on my pc, and then re-installed it, to delete add-on routes which i no longer want on it.

Problem is- Both routes, and stock, still appear on MSTS, but it will simply crash & say failed to create cab view. (When you select a piece of stock which you want to use on another route)

Any suggestions on how to totally remove un-useable routes/stock, which is still being listed?

Edit: Poll enclosed. Which Train sim do you prefer to use out of MSTS, & BVE?

How easy is it to use/install BVE onto your pc? Can a man with no knowledge of how to handle files apart from .exe etc install it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
MSTS: If something didn't come with an uninstall program (i.e. freeware trains/routes) then just delete them. Commercial routes should have an uninstaller in the Windows Control Panel.

BVE: See http://www.trainsimcentral.co.uk/help.htm

As for the poll, I use BVE for realistic driving and MSTS for exterior views, range of stock/liveries, long routes, shunting etc.

Guinness

Established Member
I use BVE, but MSTS for Steam.

MSTS is more similar to Trainz than BVE I find.

Coxster

Established Member
Chaz said:
I use BVE, but MSTS for Steam.

MSTS is more similar to Trainz than BVE I find.
Never liked Trainz myself. You can't even select your own starting location without having to do 100 other things first.

Guinness

Established Member
Coxster said:
Never liked Trainz myself. You can't even select your own starting location without having to do 100 other things first.

I haven't actually tried Trainz before. Trainz and MSTS are similar because you can view the Train from the Outside rather than with BVE which is a Cabview Simulation.

Angus

voyagerdude220 said:
Hi all

I've uninstalled MSTS on my pc, and then re-installed it, to delete add-on routes which i no longer want on it.

Problem is- Both routes, and stock, still appear on MSTS, but it will simply crash & say failed to create cab view. (When you select a piece of stock which you want to use on another route)

Any suggestions on how to totally remove un-useable routes/stock, which is still being listed?

Edit: Poll enclosed. Which Train sim do you prefer to use out of MSTS, & BVE?

How easy is it to use/install BVE onto your pc? Can a man with no knowledge of how to handle files apart from .exe etc install it?

Go to "Add or Remove Programs" (found in control panel) and click on anything MSTS-related and then click "Remove" or "Change/Remove" and follow the steps to unistall it. Do this for all your MSTS-related stuff listed on there. Then go to C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/ and delete the Train Simulator folder. Then you can install MSTS again and all your previously installed routes/stock will have been permanently removed.

As for BVE, it is more realistic driving simulator than MSTS. And yes it's fairly simple to install - you just need to download and then click on a .exe file to install the main program. Nearly all third-party routes and trains for BVE are also very simple to install - again just download and click on one or more .exe files.

Status
Not open for further replies.