• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Cross Rail Successful Driver applicants Sharing info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sbarfoot

I am in the ten that have begun training. Only two days in so not much to say apart from all the staff are welcoming and friendly, they have planned for our arrival so it is all going smoothly from information and uniform points. As i say though still only the induction.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Leebob34

Excellent ,hope all goes well going forward.try and keep us updated if possible but maybe your be to busy when you get going .

Irtentando

Hi all can someone give me directions...I'm new here just receive my first online test have 4 days to send it back. does any of you guys can tell me what is about???

Romford

Hi,

I start my course this November and was just wondering if anyone else on this site has had any course work sent to them prior to starting. If not does anyone have any advice on anything I could start reading that will help with the training course.

Also does anyone know when you get the uniform, is this meant to be before you start training or do you get issued this once you start?

Thanks

newjobplease

Romford, I also start In November, I was advised by another member to this forum (who started with MTR this month) that Trainee Drivers were issued with uniform on their second day into training.

Did you recently receive your email from MTR with a uniform request form?

With regards to your first question, I posted something very similar about 2 months ago, literally ever person that replied, and there was a cross section of long serving drivers, to drivers currently on our level, they all replied saying - wait until you start the training, It don’t help to push on...

Hope it helps.

Romford

Romford, I also start In November, I was advised by another member to this forum (who started with MTR this month) that Trainee Drivers were issued with uniform on their second day into training.

Did you recently receive your email from MTR with a uniform request form?

With regards to your first question, I posted something very similar about 2 months ago, literally ever person that replied, and there was a cross section of long serving drivers, to drivers currently on our level, they all replied saying - wait until you start the training, It don’t help to push on...

Hope it helps.

Hi

That does helps me out, cheers.

I haven't receieved any uniform emails so will contact HR.

Thanks again

Essexj

Hi all. For those that have started, after you get your uniform on the 2nd day. Are you expected to wear your uniform for the duration of training? I ask because I was going to buy some new shirts etc. As I was expecting to get uniform towards the end of training. But will save my money if I can :)

Thanks in advance

Raheenpiper

Recently been given a start date for early next year and really looking forward to cracking on with the training. As far as I understand the initial training hours will by Mon-Friday 9-5, but can anyone advise how long these hours remain and at what stage the shift work and weekend work begins? Also during my interview it was explained that annual leave would be pre planned to facilitate the training course, can anyone who has already started advise on on how the annual leave has been distributed so far?

Cheers just trying to keep the Mrs in the loop and plan childcare.

Essexj

Hi all. Just wondering how it's going for those that have started, now it's been a little while since settling in. Cheers

D1939

Any news from the people who started October /November? How's it going?

Phillbob

I received a newsletter In the post the other day, had a little bit in there about the new trainees. Not to much, but driving empty trains.

D1939

When do you start phillbob ? I got a welcome pack and newsletter too, don't start till September :(

mike14

I got the employee newsletter too, then Friday I got an email inviting me to start in October instead of November!

D1939

I got the employee newsletter too, then Friday I got an email inviting me to start in October instead of November!

That's good mate, mine went the other way, when I first passed the dmi, they said it would be August but then I got an email changing it to September, they did say it may change again (hopefully sooner) I suppose it depends on people failing medicals/references/checks.

When's your medical?

Phillbob

I am due to start in November. It's all so far away. Mike14 you lucky bugger, I wouldn't have minded that email.

mike14

It's weird I suddenly only got 9 months to wait...seems like it's going quick and I can't wait. I haven't been given my medical date yet, but I did reply when I said yes asking when I can expect to find out.

Drazky - if I remember correctly, when you get to the 2nd assessment day the first thing you have to do is briefly answer the 6 MMI questions. Hopefully you get all the way and then discuss your answers in detail.

andyg83

When do you start phillbob ? I got a welcome pack and newsletter too, don't start till September :(

hi

i start on 1st feb. ive got my offer letter with t's and c's but when you say welcome pack. what was in it exactly if you dont mind me asking?

EazyGuy

hi

i start on 1st feb. ive got my offer letter with t's and c's but when you say welcome pack. what was in it exactly if you dont mind me asking?

That's the bag with a pen, newsletter, and a couple of other things inside...Not really a welcome pack as such, you should have received that well before your contract.

mike14

Almost there then! Make sure you research MTR corporation as well as MTR Crossrail and research the role of a driver and why you want to be one. They were friendly enough and I found it a lot easier than the MMI. Good luck!

mike14

I only got one question that was similar to what was asked in the MMI. Can't remember what it was now though. They asked more questions about how the job would change my life (i.e how I feel about shift work? If I would need any major changes at home if I got the job? And how I would travel to work?)

Status
Not open for further replies.