• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Cross Rail Successful Driver applicants Sharing info

Status
Not open for further replies.
just done my pre employment online form it will take a good hour to fill everything in just have a copy of passport, bank statement and proof of NI (P60) saved on the desktop ready to upload also have 2 professional ref and employment history for last 3 years ready including any gaps to fiil in
I didn’t notice an area that asked for my P60.... hope I haven’t missed something?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LaticDagger

Any idea of what to expect for the tests in Watford and how the interviews run? I have no experience of railway jobs tests and am doing everything for the first time.

Any help is great.

Mo ali

Hi

Thank for the quick reply,

I seem to recall doing a very similar test on Thursday.

Would this be the test I did Thursday or is a similar one done in Watford also?

Thanks

At Watford it should be all the computer testing and structured interview

Anders99

Can anyone give any insight on the medical assessment. What are they assessing? I assume they ask about any long term sicknesses? Is there any info on what they won't allow, illness wise, as I don't want to keep going through these assessments and interviews only to find out my medical condition won't be allowed....

I had my medical last month and they checked my height and weight, eye test, hearing test, ECG, blood pressure, checked my balance and conducted a drug and alcohol test. They never asked about long term sick but if you have a condition you are worried about then just give MTR a call and check with them before progressing

Anders99

I had my medical last month and they checked my height and weight, eye test, hearing test, ECG, blood pressure, checked my balance and conducted a drug and alcohol test. They never asked about long term sick but if you have a condition you are worried about then just give MTR a call and check with them before progressing

Thank you, much appreciated. I've got my stage 2 assessment day in Watford coming up, so will give them a call beforehand, just in case.These assessments aren't a walk in the park, so don't really want to be doing them for no reason.

Mekiz79

Hi all, I am just after a bit of advice, having passed both assessment days I am now awaiting the DMI. Can anyone advise what it's like (friendly chat or more formal like the mmi). I know they want to know what you know about crossrail.

Also, did you have to wait long between assessments and the DMI?

Thanks in advance

Han87

Hi all, I am just after a bit of advice, having passed both assessment days I am now awaiting the DMI. Can anyone advise what it's like (friendly chat or more formal like the mmi). I know they want to know what you know about crossrail.

Thanks in advance

Hello Metiz79
I have my Watford date in October for my computer assessments. How did u find them? Can you remember what questions they asked for the MMI? Also am I right in thinkin that once you pass the MMI you still have to go for another interview??? Thanks so much

Thanks in advance

Han87

Michael can you remember what the questions were like for the MMI please?

hello people anyone here for start date on the 1st oct?
How long did it take for security watchdog to complete your references etc? Sent all my details to them just over 2 weeks ago so wondering if it’s a long wait as I would like to hand my resignation in to my current job next week

Mo ali

How long did it take for security watchdog to complete your references etc? Sent all my details to them just over 2 weeks ago so wondering if it’s a long wait as I would like to hand my resignation in to my current job next week

hello mate?

i handed in my resignation to my current employer the day i got email from them to fill every thing in on the 5th of this month as i wouldnt have had time to work the notice period, 2nd i recieved a letter from dbs that check was made on the 7th of sept which came back clean 3rd as to ref my managers aint heard anything yet also according to my linkdin account capita also performed a search so im hoping by end of next week all is done as i start on the 1st hope that helps

Capital performed a search on your LinkedIn account? Must be to check you haven’t made up employment history I guess. Yeah I got my dbs check back on Saturday and they’ve been in touch with my employer so hopefully all done in a few days time

Mo ali

Capital performed a search on your LinkedIn account? Must be to check you haven’t made up employment history I guess. Yeah I got my dbs check back on Saturday and they’ve been in touch with my employer so hopefully all done in a few days time

yh hopefully soon. yh probably coz it is one industry 2 TOCS 13 years so prob wanted to double check

just the email for day 1-3 and so far only one referee was contacted current employer

what about yourself?
So I chased them about it and then spoke to Security Watchdog this morning who said they’ve received everything and then Crossrail phoned me and said everything was good to go

Mo ali

So I chased them about it and then spoke to Security Watchdog this morning who said they’ve received everything and then Crossrail phoned me and said everything was good to go

sweet you get your email for the induction day i guess

Anders99

Finally have a date for my DMI, was hoping for a bit of info regarding it, as this is the first time Crossrail haven't provided any kind of info in order to prep.... Have heard of some having a general chit chat, and others being grilled on the history of crossrail.... Any other surprises? Lol

Finally have a date for my DMI, was hoping for a bit of info regarding it, as this is the first time Crossrail haven't provided any kind of info in order to prep.... Have heard of some having a general chit chat, and others being grilled on the history of crossrail.... Any other surprises? Lol
You should definitely brush up on the history of Crossrail, projects they are involved with, where they operate etc as it’s likely to come up and also good to know the history of the company you want to work for. It was kind of a mixture between relaxed chit chat and then questions about your working ways, more relaxed than the mmi though. Hope this helps you a bit

Pete C

Might want to make sure you know the difference between MTR Crossrail the TOC, Crossrail the construction project (comes under TfL) and the Elizabeth Line the (at some point) operational railway.

Status
Not open for further replies.