• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Cross Rail Successful Driver applicants Sharing info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mike14

They literally asked "what do you know about MTR corporation? And the next question was what you know about MTR Crossrail? Then it's up to you to tell them how much research you have done. A couple of bus drivers at my depot failed the DMI on not knowing enough about MTR.

ComUtoR

Established Member
It sounds quite awful to pass everything and to fail just because of that...something having zero effect on your abilities to drive a train!:|
But the sifting obviously is on full throttle even at the last stage.

Possibly because not everyone is honest about why they failed an interview. Also, whilst you may have the aptitude to pass all the test just because you have passed doesn't automatically entitle you to a job.

Your DMI is also assessing your ability to be an employee. Many things may have zero affect on your ability to drive a train but there are a lot of things that the role entails and not just driving the train.

Learning about the company you may potentially work for shows diligence and shows that the candidate is prepared to go that extra mile. Those kind of traits are important. Especially as a Train Driver you must be prepare for lots of study in your own time.

Bossa

Hallo all

To those that have been successful passing through the DMI, what would you say was the X factor that you displayed that swung things in your favour?

And is there any confirmation whether crossrail will be a 24hr service?

ComUtoR

Established Member
Its been discussed many times.

Reading up on the rule book does more harm than good.

WCMLaddict

People should NOT read up before starting the training! For your own and trainers good DON'T do it!

D1939

I'm completely new to the rail industry would you guys recommend getting familiarised with the railway Terminology from the rule book before the training starts or just wait till I start.

The1

Hi All, just wanted to make thread where we can start getting a picture of what this role will entail. Any and all info wanted

All Starters for the 2018 MTR Crossrail Trainee Train Driver Training, Any info and how your getting on?, also any tips from drivers that have passed the course?

Last edited:

Matthew724

I successfully completed both assessment centres in August 2017 for the latest recruitment round for trainee crossrail drivers. I was told I would receive an invitation for the final interview stage with a line manager by email, but it may take a while. It has now been three weeks. Is this normal? Perhaps I have missed the email!

PJSADI

I wouldn't worry, took me 3-4 weeks to receive the invite to the DMI. And the same to get a job offer.
They are very busy, but they do follow through as expected.

Good luck with the interview.

cseasy1984

So the day I've been waiting for is nearly here, I start on the 2nd October and just wondering if anyone else is booked to start training on that day?

The1

So the day I've been waiting for is nearly here, I start on the 2nd October and just wondering if anyone else is booked to start training on that day?

Hi Cseasy, Good luck on your first day. Please let us know how you got on. I'm still waiting for my medical date. could you PM what happens in the last stages Medical etc if you don't mind thanks.

Techno77

I successfully completed both assessment centres in August 2017 for the latest recruitment round for trainee crossrail drivers. I was told I would receive an invitation for the final interview stage with a line manager by email, but it may take a while. It has now been three weeks. Is this normal? Perhaps I have missed the email!
I was told by The OPC that it can take 4 - 6 weeks for Crossrail to send that email.

NickR

Has anyone else heard about them not accepting people who have had laser eye surgery?

cseasy1984

Hi Cseasy, Good luck on your first day. Please let us know how you got on. I'm still waiting for my medical date. could you PM what happens in the last stages Medical etc if you don't mind thanks.

Not a lot happens really mate, the day of my medical I went to head office to hand in loads of forms like uniform sizes, staff travel card and stuff like that. After that you literally just have to wait. I haven't had anything from them except a phone call about staff travel form I have to redo. It's just the waiting game again.

The1

Not a lot happens really mate, the day of my medical I went to head office to hand in loads of forms like uniform sizes, staff travel card and stuff like that. After that you literally just have to wait. I haven't had anything from them except a phone call about staff travel form I have to redo. It's just the waiting game again.

Hi Cseasy, Thanks for the update!

tai

Hi All, just wanted to make thread where we can start getting a picture of what this role will entail. Any and all info wanted

Afternoon everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me and give me pointers please for the final stage, the DMI Interview which I have on the 18th sept 17 (Abbey Wood depot) ideas on what sort of questions get asked and what to generally expect. Never thought I would get this far, so I am a bit nervous (which I guess can be a good thing)

Thanks

Tai

NickR

Afternoon everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me and give me pointers please for the final stage, the DMI Interview which I have on the 18th sept 17 (Abbey Wood depot) ideas on what sort of questions get asked and what to generally expect. Never thought I would get this far, so I am a bit nervous (which I guess can be a good thing)

Thanks

Tai

Have a look through the Abbey Wood thread mate. There's quite a few of us who have discussed it. Natural to be nervous but just make sure you're prepared with some good answers and you'll be fine. Read up on the competencies in the job description and apply some examples from there.

tai

Hello NickR,

Thank you for the quick reply. I will make sure i will read up on the competencies again.

I'm struggling to find the Abbey Wood thread. Any chance you could send me the thread link as i only can find the Old Oak Common and Plumstead thread.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.