• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lfz

Hi all
I had my DMI few days ago, how long does it usually take for them to let you know how it went?

I thought I did okay, could go either way 50/50 I think.

How long was the dmi interview and did you get a good feeling of the interviewers?
Best of luck, I'm waiting to book mine

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AQK

How long was the dmi interview and did you get a good feeling of the interviewers?
Best of luck, I'm waiting to book mine

The interview was about 1hr15min

The interviews were very good, they genuinely seemed very nice people, and made me feel welcomed.

I felt the interview went okay, but I know I could of done a lot better.

So just waiting to hear back now

Lfz

The interviews were very good, they genuinely seemed very nice people, and made me feel welcomed.

Seems like everyone I speak to is having different experiences a couple of others have said 30-40 minutes for the interview.

Hope you get good news

Last edited:

Han87

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the MMI interview and the manager interview. I have my stage 2 on the 22nd October and wondered will they mark you on the day and will you know if you have passed? Do they then send you a date for the manager interview?

Kalpesh

All the very best of luck
You will get through ...

Anders99

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the MMI interview and the manager interview. I have my stage 2 on the 22nd October and wondered will they mark you on the day and will you know if you have passed? Do they then send you a date for the manager interview?

The MMI is competency based, they definitely mark you and you'll find out on the day if you passed or not. If you don't pass they tell you what question you failed on and a brief reason why.

The DMI I haven't done yet, I've heard 2 different versions, you either have a chit chat about yourself, or they ask you about your knowledge on crossrail. Shall let you know once I finally get a date and do it.

simonw22

I had my stage 1 today and luckily passed. My stage 2 is November 19th in watford. Athere was 22 participants today and marking litterally took hours. I only did group bourdon and dfft but they were 5hrs apart!! I think 7 people passed. Cant see there being many more stage 1 assessments.

C.T.P.

I had my stage 1 today and luckily passed. My stage 2 is November 19th in watford. Athere was 22 participants today and marking litterally took hours. I only did group bourdon and dfft but they were 5hrs apart!! I think 7 people passed. Cant see there being many more stage 1 assessments.

Congrats for passing stage 1 and good luck at stage 2. What tests do you have to pass at stage 2?

AQK

Good luck guys.

I am still waiting to hear back. Over a week now since I had dmi. Thinking maybe I have not passed or else they might of already informed me.

Good luck guys.

I am still waiting to hear back. Over a week now since I had dmi. Thinking maybe I have not passed or else they might of already informed me.

Same here, had my dmi last Friday. Felt it went really well but you just never know. They said i would find out within 2 weeks so will give it another week or so then maybe call hr if I haven’t heard anything

Anders99

Good luck guys.

Good luck in passing the DMI guys.... Any info on what to expect, have heard its either a general chit chat or tell them a history of crossrail. Shall prepare for both as have a date for mine now (26th Nov) just is scary not having any info from them about it at all.

Joliver

Good luck in passing the DMI guys.... Any info on what to expect, have heard its either a general chit chat or tell them a history of crossrail. Shall prepare for both as have a date for mine now (26th Nov) just is scary not having any info from them about it at all.
I'm gonna learn a bit about MTR as a company then obviously Crossrail too. I'm pretty sure there will be some competency questions too similar to the MMI. Covering all basis. If it is just a chit chat then that's a result, lol.

I'm gonna learn a bit about MTR as a company then obviously Crossrail too. I'm pretty sure there will be some competency questions too similar to the MMI. Covering all basis. If it is just a chit chat then that's a result, lol.

That would be the best way to do it buddy. I obviously don’t want to give anyone an unfair advantage by saying exactly what was in the dmi however there is plenty of information, especially on some of the older mtr threads on this forum about the dmi. Personally not heard of anyone only going in and having just a chit chat, would be very surprised if that actually happens. As the saying goes ‘fail to plan, plan to fail’. Put in the time researching everything you mentioned and it’s no secret there will be competency based questions included in the interview.

All the best with your interview

sharpiejas

Just passed the 1st assessment day today - quite brutal. 16 people whittled down to 4 after the first tests.

Roll on the 2nd stage in November, plenty of time to swat up for the interview part.

AQK

Yea unfortunately I did not get through the dmi. I've asked for feedback and waiting for it.
Had a feeling I did not make it.

Good luck to everyone else.

JSegat

Yea unfortunately I did not get through the dmi. I've asked for feedback and waiting for it.

Sorry to hear it, but I'm confused, they called you and said that you didn't make it? They don't give the feedback when they call you? By the way, which depot you applied for?

Because I called them today and they told me to wait for another couple of weeks as they are still going through other interviews.

Resperin

Hi, Im sorry to hear. I also got the email today after attending the interview last Tuesday informing me I've been unsuccessful. Its a very tough process; to get this far we've done well!

Iceberg1

Sorry to hear about that must be dreadful. How did you feel after having the interview? Was it your first try? Don’t worry stay positive and keep trying with other TOC and get some feedback.

Iceberg1

Sorry to hear it, but I'm confused, they called you and said that you didn't make it? They don't give the feedback when they call you? By the way, which depot you applied for?

Because I called them today and they told me to wait for another couple of weeks as they are still going through other interviews.

When did you have your DMI and how long did they tell you??

JSegat

Hi, Im sorry to hear. I also got the email today after attending the interview last Tuesday informing me I've been unsuccessful. Its a very tough process; to get this far we've done well!
Sorry to hear it mate. Which depot you applied for?

Status
Not open for further replies.