• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Anders99

Trainee. Start on 3rd Dec. Had interview in September. All happened really quickly
Congratulations! It's does happen really quickly after the DMI doesn't it?! Lol. You're one month ahead of me, had my DMI in Oct and start 7th Jan. Just had a response and have been told they were overwhelmed with internal transfers from their qualified drivers so didn't need so many trainees, annoying as I live in Maidenhead, but can put in the request when I'm qualified.

JSegat

Trainee. Start on 3rd Dec. Had interview in September. All happened really quickly
So you probably had your DMI in August right? When it was?

I'm trying to find the people that did the MMI with me at 21/08, we did the first and second assessments all together, we all passed the MMI but I don't know if they made it on the DMI.

smithyLP

Hi,
I start on 3rd December. Have you received any emails or anything regarding the first week?
Not yet!! But had a uniform fitting and had my passport scanned etc... Wednesday and they said I should get an email next week but to turn up On 3rd regardless at 9am

Iceberg1

Not yet!! But had a uniform fitting and had my passport scanned etc... Wednesday and they said I should get an email next week but to turn up On 3rd regardless at 9am

Hi Smithy I have seen your posts that you got the email on the 16th of Oct.

When did they contact you for the offer of the start date on December? I take it your medical was booked same time and references all done?

smithyLP

Hi Smithy I have seen your posts that you got the email on the 16th of Oct.

When did they contact you for the offer of the start date on December? I take it your medical was booked same time and references all done?
End of September. Then had medical booked etc... have you had an offer?

Iceberg1

End of September. Then had medical booked etc... have you had an offer?

Not just yet I am still waiting. I was told last week when I called HR that they will be allocating slots for ilford and Gidea park depot in the next few weeks.

They told me that the west depots are priority at the moment so I’m not panicking!! Lol

Collins5

Can anyone tell me what tests they sat on the initial assessment day? Seen a few people say different things?

Cheers

Anders99

Can anyone tell me what tests they sat on the initial assessment day? Seen a few people say different things?

Cheers
It was a long time ago for me to be able to be exact, but the info book with exercises provided by MTR Crossrail should tell you exactly what tests you'll be sitting

RacingSnake

Cheers

It varies depending on whether:
  • You had previously sat and passed some, but not all, assessments with MTR or another TOC.
    • They'll only make you do the missing ones.
  • You've not achieved the MTR enhanced standard required on some of the tests, having already sat them previously.
  • You've never sat an assessment day before.
    • You'll do all the written tests.
They do send through materials and instructions about the tests are being conducted well in advance of the assessment day. This includes examples of what to expect on the day. Good luck!

Han87

Hi Han, thank you!

No performance figures..

just make sure you research and gain a good knowledge about MTR Cooperation like where they operate and all the activities they are involved in and learn about the Crossrail project stages and as much as you can learn will be good! Its also handy checking out MTRs website to see their Missions etc..

Just keep calm and be honest.

Like others have said theres loads of info in the forums but only follow the information you need to study / learn from MTRs official website.

Good luck :)
Thanks so much. Still waiting for my interview date. It’s a long old wait

Han87

The only specific thing they asked me after I rambled on for about 5mins was about the signals, they also said it didn't matter if I didn't know because I had already given enough info...(which didn't make sense, because why ask if it doesn't matter? Lol) I only knew one thing about the signals, and I passed the DMI. There's all the info you need on here with a bit of digging... Or, go to MTR and crossrail websites and take a bit of info from every page (is basically what I did) depending on how much you want the job, you can't over prepare
Thanks so much

Lukas

hello everyone

I have my DMI next week and I'm scared as....

Can I ask for some advice from people who already had it?

C.T.P.

hello everyone

I have my DMI next week and I'm scared as....

Can I ask for some advice from people who already had it?
When did you have your online questionnaire, the one after you passed stage 2?

TONE.84

Had email from opc that I should expect to hear from mtr in next few weeks for a DMI (gidea pk)
When was your MMI mate? Just trying to roughly work out when I might expect to hear! I’m just waiting for my DMI now.

Teddyward

When was your MMI mate? Just trying to roughly work out when I might expect to hear! I’m just waiting for my DMI now.
It was fine but I can’t really give you a guide on timescale . I did mine with freightliner about 8 months ago.

Iceberg1

Hi all, is anyone starting with MTR on the 04th Feb 2019 and chose ilford depot

Hi I have applied for Ilford too and still waiting for a start date.

When was you offered the start date for February? Have you been for your medical too?

Starz123

Hi I have applied for Ilford too and still waiting for a start date.

When was you offered the start date for February? Have you been for your medical too?
Hey, I was offered the start date about a month ago and done my medical too. I’m pretty much good to go lol. I take it you’ve had your interview ?

Iceberg1

Hey, I was offered the start date about a month ago and done my medical too. I’m pretty much good to go lol. I take it you’ve had your interview ?

Lol well done! Yes I had my DMI on the 3rd of October... called last week and was told to wait a few more weeks as they prioritised start dates for the West Depots! So still playing the waiting game !

Starz123

Lol well done! Yes I had my DMI on the 3rd of October... called last week and was told to wait a few more weeks as they prioritised start dates for the West Depots! So still playing the waiting game !
Well done to you too ! Seems like you’ll be part of the later batch to start. I can’t wait to start

Status
Not open for further replies.