• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliet Barvo

In my last workplace, we all join the one Union. It's a very powerful Union.

Is there a choice of which Union to join, or only One? Or is there a very good reason why we join ASLEF?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

simonw22

In my last workplace, we all join the one Union. It's a very powerful Union.

Is there a choice of which Union to join, or only One? Or is there a very good reason why we join ASLEF?
Aslef look after the drivers

Zeczam

Hi all,

Good news is, I passed my assessment stage 2 last week. :)

But, I've not heard from OPC or MTR. It would be nice to have something in writing but I've got nothing but their word on the day.

How long does it take till they send you the pre-DMI questionnaire?

simonw22

Hi all,

But, I've not heard from OPC or MTR. It would be nice to have something in writing but I've got nothing but their word on the day.

Should be within 7 days. I did 2nd stage on a monday and otdpq came on the sat.

What depot u going for? If its the east you might be waiting a while

Zeczam

Should be within 7 days. I did 2nd stage on a monday and otdpq came on the sat.

What depot u going for? If its the east you might be waiting a while

Hmmm. It's been more than 7 days now. I applied for Maidenhead.

SAM2389

Anyone that gets any updates regarding getting a start date for east depots, can you please post it on here? I’m still waiting for a DMI after completing stage two back in November.

Cheers

Wtpc

Hey everyone,
I've passed my dmi and I accepted the offer and I'll start next month, I did my medical on Monday but I didn't get any confirmation from MTR are they gonna contact me or not ? And also I signed online contract is that all?or there will be paper one too ? I have to put resignation letter in my current job so I want everything to be crystal clear

Starz123

Hey everyone,
I've passed my dmi and I accepted the offer and I'll start next month, I did my medical on Monday but I didn't get any confirmation from MTR are they gonna contact me or not ? And also I signed online contract is that all?or there will be paper one too ? I have to put resignation letter in my current job so I want everything to be crystal clear
They will eventually contact you with an official start date. All you need to do is sign that online contract and just wait on a further email. MTR are a little slow at the moment. Just have to bare with them.
Congratulations by the way !!

Wtpc

They will eventually contact you with an official start date. All you need to do is sign that online contract and just wait on a further email. MTR are a little slow at the moment. Just have to bare with them.
Congratulations by the way !!

Thank you!
I already know my start date so probably that's all and I can give the resignation letter on Monday
Once again thank you

Starz123

Thank you!
I already know my start date so probably that's all and I can give the resignation letter on Monday
Once again thank you
Your welcome , same stage as me then I’ve had my medical and uniform mesurement fitting etc.. just waiting to start

Wtpc

Amazing ☺ last question, did they email or call you after medical and fitting ?

Starz123

Nah I haven’t got no email regarding where I need to go or the time I start. But I called up and a lady told me to arrive at st marys for around 9am but we should get an email soon tho

Joliver

Hi all,

I waited 4 weeks. I wouldn't worry.

Anders99

You won't get any confirmation regarding passing your medical - no news is good news. The next time you'll be contacted after your uniform fitting will be about a week before your start date, and they'll email you an induction day email. Just be prepared to go to St Mary's Axe on your start date for 9am (in business wear as you won't be given your uniform until your first/second day)

Anders99

How soon do you get contacted about medicals after accepting the job?
I was contacted the same day i got the offer, but they're snowed under right now, have recently taken on another admin so hopefully they'll pick up speed again soon. You'll hear from them though, don't worry

C.T.P.

Anyone that gets any updates regarding getting a start date for east depots, can you please post it on here? I’m still waiting for a DMI after completing stage two back in November.

Cheers
Same here mate, passed stage 2 in November and still waiting for dmi. I applied for the gidea park depot.

SAM2389

Same here mate, passed stage 2 in November and still waiting for dmi. I applied for the gidea park depot.

I emailed them asking for an update and all i got told was 'at the moment, we do not have any dates set for the managers interview, as soon as a date become available, we will be in touch with you' This was on 16th Jan.

I went for ilford depot. Hopefully we all hear something soon.

C.T.P.

I emailed them asking for an update and all i got told was 'at the moment, we do not have any dates set for the managers interview, as soon as a date become available, we will be in touch with you' This was on 16th Jan.

I went for ilford depot. Hopefully we all hear something soon.
Fingers crossed

Arvz

Just want to say thanks to everyone who has had good advice. I had applied for gidea park depot and had my DMI Wednesday, got the call today and given a start date for June 3 but they asked if I was willing to do old oak instead. Keep going guys I was beating myself up about the questions I thought I could have answered better.

C.T.P.

Just want to say thanks to everyone who has had good advice. I had applied for gidea park depot and had my DMI Wednesday, got the call today and given a start date for June 3 but they asked if I was willing to do old oak instead. Keep going guys I was beating myself up about the questions I thought I could have answered better.
Congratulations!! When did you pass stage 2 assessments?

$Cm$zS2*

What I have not seen anywhere is whether there is a minimum term you must serve with the TOC once you qualify as a Train Driver?

£120k to train a trainee train driver must surely have some tie in period associated with it.

Newbie19

Congratulation Arvz!

$Cm$zS2*

had my DMI Wednesday, got the call today and given a start date for June 3

I'm starting to get the feeling that those of us who waited 14 days to be told we were accepted, might not have been the company's first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.