• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Han87

Not so easy to answer, as how long training takes depends on what trainers are available, this includes getting past classroom based training. I'd suggest getting somewhere with multi gym access, where there's one close to Liverpool St and your home, that way won't matter too much
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply

Anders99

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply
Also, for the last two weeks for example, we've been out everyday, with no where to leave your stuff at St Mary's Axe, and you already have a big rucksack to carry around all the time, would mean paying extra to hire a locker at the gym, but hey. . Lol. I'd say give it a while and get settled before you jump into a Liverpool St gym membership.

simonw22

Also, for the last two weeks for example, we've been out everyday, with no where to leave your stuff at St Mary's Axe, and you already have a big rucksack to carry around all the time, would mean paying extra to hire a locker at the gym, but hey. . Lol. I'd say give it a while and get settled before you jump into a Liverpool St gym membership.
When you say you've been out everyday have you still been meeting at Liverpool Street and everyone goes from there onto next destination?

Anders99

When you say you've been out everyday have you still been meeting at Liverpool Street and everyone goes from there onto next destination?
Generally yeah... Sometimes we go straight to Old Oak Common depot (Willesden Junction) too

LaticDagger

How many people are in a group for training and do you stay with that group for your complete training?

SAM2389

I’ve got a DMI coming up next week for an ilford position (hopefully still Ilford depot).
Does anyone have any advice or tips that they would suggest that wouldn’t mind kindly sharing? Things they ask for? Etc?

I think the nerves are kicking in after getting this far and experiencing all the delays.

If you could pm me or share it here I’d be forever be grateful.

Juliet Barvo

I’ve got a DMI coming up next week for an ilford position (hopefully still Ilford depot).
Does anyone have any advice or tips that they would suggest that wouldn’t mind kindly sharing? Things they ask for? Etc?

I think the nerves are kicking in after getting this far and experiencing all the delays.

Hello, how are you chit chat to put you at ease and reveal the real you.
Tell us about you.
Why do you want to be a train driver.
What does a train driver do
the Route.
the Trains.
MTR.
Why MTR
an example of excellent customer service.
Your MMI questions

I recommend you know a lot of detail about the route/trains/MTR.

Last edited by a moderator:

TONE.84

Got mine next week aswell for Gidea Park! Good luck with yours mate!

Tell us about you.
What are the challenges of being a train driver.
Tell us about the Route.
Tell us about the Trains.
Tell us about MTR.
Why MTR and not one of the other TOCs in London.
Tell us about a role you do which requires good continuous concentration and how is it enforced.
Tell us about a time when you gave excellent customer service.
Tell us about a time when you followed rules and procedures and how it was enforced.
How are you going to get to work.

Cheers for this mate, really good to pointed in the right direction.

SAM2389

Tell us about you.
What are the challenges of being a train driver.
Tell us about the Route.
Tell us about the Trains.
Tell us about MTR.
Why MTR and not one of the other TOCs in London.
Tell us about a role you do which requires good continuous concentration and how is it enforced.
Tell us about a time when you gave excellent customer service.
Tell us about a time when you followed rules and procedures and how it was enforced.
How are you going to get to work.

That’s kind of you thank you so much! Better get my head down and do my research

Collins5

Anyone know from getting the OTDPQ and completing it you get a date for the DMI?

Last edited:

SAM2389

Well me and a couple others waited around over 6 weeks but I hear it’s meant to be around 4 weeks from completing the questionaire

Iceberg1

Hi how did your interview go? Was it still for ilford depot ?

SAM2389

Yeah it’s for this Thursday (I’m bricking it now) . Still for ilford so hopefully that’s still the case.

simonw22

Anyone had a dmi recently and been successful, just seeing if anyones been given April 1st start date same as me? Not seen anyone of late mention a start date.

AMtrain101

Anyone had a dmi recently and been successful, just seeing if anyones been given April 1st start date same as me? Not seen anyone of late mention a start date.

I got offered a place last week for the Abbey wood depot. Start date was meant to be June but pushed back to August as I have prior engagements. Just waiting on the medical but bloody hell I made it!

Congratulations on your start date would have loved to start next month.

SAM2389

I got offered a place last week for the Abbey wood depot. Start date was meant to be June but pushed back to August as I have prior engagements. Just waiting on the medical but bloody hell I made it!

Congratulations mate when did you have your last interview ?

simonw22

Well done mate, i have waited since January its tough doing your normal job while you wait to start but its worth it.
I just did my medical today all ok, they send away ur urine sample.

Last edited:

AMtrain101

Well done mate, i have waited since January its tough doing your normal job while you wait to start but its worth it.
I just did my medical today all ok, they send away ur urine sample.

Oh sweet.. how long did you have to wait for your medical? I haven’t been invited in for one yet

simonw22

Oh sweet.. how long did you have to wait for your medical? I haven’t been invited in for one yet
I was offered the job 15th Jan so 5 weeks ish, i think they concentrate on staff by start date so dnt be worried if its taking a while

Status
Not open for further replies.