• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceberg1

Hi has anyone had an update since getting the email about being talent pooled for Ilford/Gidea Park Depots?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TONE.84

I got offered a place last week for the Abbey wood depot. Start date was meant to be June but pushed back to August as I have prior engagements. Just waiting on the medical but bloody hell I made it!

Congratulations on your start date would have loved to start next month.

What depot have you applied for? Have you been offered August 5th?

And also anyone that is currently training, what are the groups like - size wise and are you with people from the same depot or a mixture?

Last edited:

C.T.P.

I didn't pass my dmi, however I haven't been provided any feedback. I have reasons to believe I was not assessed correctly so I asked for feedback but no reply so far. Anyone else in the same situation? It seems unfair that after all that time waiting and preparing to become a train driver, and after passing all the psychometric tests, no one gives you feedback for this last hurdle.

Iceberg1

I didn't pass my dmi, however I haven't been provided any feedback. I have reasons to believe I was not assessed correctly so I asked for feedback but no reply so far. Anyone else in the same situation? It seems unfair that after all that time waiting and preparing to become a train driver, and after passing all the psychometric tests, no one gives you feedback for this last hurdle.

Sorry to hear that! Well done getting this far and don’t lose hope on the bright side you can apply for any TOC and won’t need to do any assessments again.

Don’t give up!

What depot did you apply for?

Joliver

Sorry to hear that you didn't pass the DMI. Can I ask, what makes you think you wasn't assessed correctly? I know it's hard to take, I've failed at this stage before so know how you feel. Like iceberg1 has said, you've passed everything now. You can apply to all other recruiting TOC/FOC and go straight to final interview.

Anders99

And also anyone that is currently training, what are the groups like - size wise and are you with people from the same depot or a mixture?
Group sizes are 10 per group. And you're generally with people from the same depot as you, or at least in roughly the same area.

SAM2389

Anyone recently done their dmi? And still waiting to hear back?

Lol the wait is painful!

Emma85

Lol the wait is painful!

Hi Sam,

How did you find the DMI went? What kind of questions are asked? I have mine in a few weeks and am very nervous. Any help would be great.

simonw22

I had confirmation i passed medical yesterday so had the pleasure of handing in my notice at work. 1 month and il be in

Emma85

Hi Simon,

Are you able to give any hints/tips for the DMI? I have mine in a few weeks.

AMtrain101

I applied for Ilford but got offered Abbey Wood which to be honest is better for me. Yeah I’m starting August 5th... it’s far away but I can’t wait!

utternoob

missed out on ilford depopt due to failing at arriva rail anyone know if there's gonna be anymore vancanies ?

SAM2389

Not heard back from them so was considering contacting recruitment

simonw22

I think they tell you within 14 days, i was at head office last week they said there very busy processing all the applicants at the moment.

Mekiz79

Simon,

Don't suppose you know anything about the status of all of us that have passed DMI months ago and were talent pooled, any idea of timescales etc?

simonw22

Simon,

Don't suppose you know anything about the status of all of us that have passed DMI months ago and were talent pooled, any idea of timescales etc?
Sorry mate, i dont have inside info i havent started the role yet.

TONE.84

Simon,

Not inside info mate but I had my DMI on 22nd Feb and they was very vague about the east depots! Mentioned August being the last start this year and then “business as normal” next Jan but still said that might not be east! I had applied for East and they’ve offered me Abbey Wood for August start as I can get there in 40 mins! When they rang to offer me job the guy told me to have a good think but it could be a year before I get offered the east! But this could all be rubbish to scare me into accepting the offer!!! It’s so hard getting a straight answer about the east as I don’t think anyone knows about when it will all be opening up!

simonw22

Not inside info mate but I had my DMI on 22nd Feb and they was very vague about the east depots! Mentioned August being the last start this year and then “business as normal” next Jan but still said that might not be east! I had applied for East and they’ve offered me Abbey Wood for August start as I can get there in 40 mins! When they rang to offer me job the guy told me to have a good think but it could be a year before I get offered the east! But this could all be rubbish to scare me into accepting the offer!!! It’s so hard getting a straight answer about the east as I don’t think anyone knows about when it will all be opening up!
40mins is nothing i would take that offer pass the training and if u really wanted to get to Gidea just apply for transfer down the line. Ive been offered maidenhead which isnt even ready yet, so if i have to il be at old oak which is 58mins drive on satnav.
Take the job before the offers gone

AMtrain101

Take the offer my mate told me Ilford is completely full to the point that there have more than they require at that depot but they are planning a reshuffle by 2020.

I applied for the Ilford depot and they offered me Abbey Wood, accepted it without hesitating. Better to be in than be waiting!

TONE.84

40mins is nothing i would take that offer pass the training and if u really wanted to get to Gidea just apply for transfer down the line. Ive been offered maidenhead which isnt even ready yet, so if i have to il be at old oak which is 58mins drive on satnav.
Take the job before the offers gone

Take the offer my mate told me Ilford is completely full to the point that there have more than they require at that depot but they are planning a reshuffle by 2020.

I applied for the Ilford depot and they offered me Abbey Wood, accepted it without hesitating. Better to be in than be waiting!

Yeah I accepted earlier today guys! Too good an opportunity to turn down and can look into transfers later on! Training is all mostly St Mary Axe and Gidea Park anyways so long way down the line!

@AMtrain101 you on 5th August start aswell? I’ll see you then

KikoMatsing

Yeah I accepted earlier today guys! Too good an opportunity to turn down and can look into transfers later on! Training is all mostly St Mary Axe and Gidea Park anyways so long way down the line!

Had a call from HR way back end of January offering me the job and start in August based in Abbey Wood but when they sent me the offer email and the document I e-signed, it states that the starting date is June 3. I'm just wondering if it the same to you too @TONE.84 and @AMtrain101 or it clearly says 5 August on your email and document you signed?

slidingdoors

I'm 3rd June however for Old Oak. So unless two groups are starting the same day or they do a mixture of depots. Could be an error?

AMtrain101

Had a call from HR way back end of January offering me the job and start in August based in Abbey Wood but when they sent me the offer email and the document I e-signed, it states that the starting date is June 3. I'm just wondering if it the same to you too @TONE.84 and @AMtrain101 or it clearly says 5 August on your email and document you signed?

They offered me June first of all, but I called up told them that I was meant to be offered August.
I was told not to accept the June offer, so I’m guessing if you’ve accepted the June date that when you’ll start. Call them if you can’t before spaces are filled!

AMtrain101

I’ll see you then. Have you heard back regarding medical?

TONE.84

I was offered August straight away so that what my email offer stated mate! Like @AMtrain101 said, maybe call and enquire what date you’re down for and change if you would prefer August! What depot did you apply for out of curiosity?

Status
Not open for further replies.