• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zeczam

Hi everyone.

I passed assessment stage 2 in January, and am awaiting my Manager Interview next. But, I've not heard from them since. Is there anyone else waiting as long as me? I've not yet done that questionnaire they've sent me. They said at the assessment centre that there's no set deadline for it and that I should do it at least 3 days before my Manager Interview. Should I get in touch with them and ask what's up? I applied for Maidenhead.

thanks

AMtrain101

Yeah I accepted earlier today guys! Too good an opportunity to turn down and can look into transfers later on! Training is all mostly St Mary Axe and Gidea Park anyways so long way down the line!

@AMtrain101 you on 5th August start aswell? I’ll see you then

My start dates been brought forward. I’ll be starting July 1st now...

TONE.84

Had an email to compete personal details/employment history/references etc the other day for security watchdog?! How long did people wait after completing this to hear about the next stage and attending medical? Cheers

KikoMatsing

Had an email to compete personal details/employment history/references etc the other day for security watchdog?! How long did people wait after completing this to hear about the next stage and attending medical? Cheers

Received an email by Friday, Tuesday the following week received a call from HR booking me for medical and visit St Mary’s Axe the same day to hand in documents they required.

Pumpkin79

Hi everyone.

I passed assessment stage 2 in January, and am awaiting my Manager Interview next. But, I've not heard from them since. Is there anyone else waiting as long as me? I've not yet done that questionnaire they've sent me. They said at the assessment centre that there's no set deadline for it and that I should do it at least 3 days before my Manager Interview. Should I get in touch with them and ask what's up? I applied for Maidenhead.

thanks
Hi Zeczam, I’m the same as you , passed my 2nd assessment in January and haven’t heard anything . I emailed them almost 2 weeks ago and not heard anything .

The1

Hi everyone.

thanks

Hi Zecam,

You need to do that questionnaire first before you will get a date for your driver managers interview.

BW
The1

GDC

Received an email by Friday, Tuesday the following week received a call from HR booking me for medical and visit St Mary’s Axe the same day to hand in documents they required.

Out of curiosity what’s the gap between medical/documents and your start date? Hoping it’s more than 4 weeks as generally this is the notice period for current job.

Iceberg1

Out of curiosity what’s the gap between medical/documents and your start date? Hoping it’s more than 4 weeks as generally this is the notice period for current job.

Hi have you had any contact regarding giving your references and completing dbs checks or even a medical? I have the same start date as you in August and I haven’t heard or been contacted since being offered the start date!

Joliver

Hi have you had any contact regarding giving your references and completing dbs checks or even a medical? I have the same start date as you in August and I haven’t heard or been contacted since being offered the start date!

I wouldn't worry. I submitted all my stuff roughly 2 months before my course.

TONE.84

I accepted the offer on 5 March and had an email on 12 April from a security watch dog company on behalf of MTR! Just have to log in and give personal details and some other bits and then your reference names! I’ve had my DBS certificate through and my manager had email to confirm he knew me! Just waiting to hear from them to book in medical.

It’ll come guys, I wouldn’t worry to much! Still a while before our start date.

Iceberg1

I accepted the offer on 5 March and had an email on 12 April from a security watch dog company on behalf of MTR! Just have to log in and give personal details and some other bits and then your reference names! I’ve had my DBS certificate through and my manager had email to confirm he knew me! Just waiting to hear from them to book in medical.

It’ll come guys, I wouldn’t worry to much! Still a while before our start date.

Yea I accepted mine on the 12th ill wait till end of May, if I don’t hear anything I’ll contact HR.

So all your references and DBS is completed? How long after submitting it did they email you a confirmation that its complete? (the certificate)

SAM2389

Yea I accepted mine on the 12th ill wait till end of May, if I don’t hear anything I’ll contact HR.

So all your references and DBS is completed? How long after submitting it did they email you a confirmation that its complete? (the certificate)

I’m in the same boat as @TONE.84.

However I’ve been given a medical date of 30/04 but no instructions / locations / times etc.

My start date is originally 1st July but I have asked to put it back which they told me I can have August but I have had nothing yet. I called them and they said someone will be in touch but that was yesterday.

There was speculation of the line being delayed TIL 2021 the other day in the news so dunno if that’s affecting anything but we’ve all signed contracts online so hopefully not.

Iceberg1

I’m in the same boat as @TONE.84.

However I’ve been given a medical date of 30/04 but no instructions / locations / times etc.

My start date is originally 1st July but I have asked to put it back which they told me I can have August but I have had nothing yet. I called them and they said someone will be in touch but that was yesterday.

There was speculation of the line being delayed TIL 2021 the other day in the news so dunno if that’s affecting anything but we’ve all signed contracts online so hopefully not.

I don’t think the delays will have an impact on our start dates that have already been offered, the courses/classes will still run..

Did you not get a email regarding your medical others have said they got an email after arranging the date over the phone?

I’d be happy to start in July i have no plans We could have swapped lol

TONE.84

I got my DBS certificate in the post about a week later! I’m not to sure if all reference are complete yet! I’m not to worried, it’ll all happen eventually mate.

Iceberg1

I got my DBS certificate in the post about a week later! I’m not to sure if all reference are complete yet! I’m not to worried, it’ll all happen eventually mate.

Thanks for the info! Yes definitely just worried for no reason lol got enough time to start for all of it to be done I guess its just the excitement thats getting me worried!

Anders99

MTR Crossrail seem to have a thing, where after they've offered you the job and you've signed the contract, they go really quiet on you... This is especially worrying when it's getting near to the time you need to hand in your notice but you don't know whether you've passed security clearance or your medical lol. But it's nothing new, you just have to grin and bear it.

The delays have nothing to do with recruitment, MTR Crossrail have an obligation to have so many people recruited by certain times of the year otherwise TfL will fine them, so although the other Crossrail company is consistently underestimating the enormity of the project they have causing consistent delays to opening, our MTR Crossrail is bang on target for what we need to achieve.

Mekiz79

Try getting told you passed everything and have got the job and then you hear nothing for 6 months, then when you chase them up they tell you there isn't going to be a start date this year, and that your still in a talent pool. :(

Pumpkin79

Try getting told you passed everything and have got the job and then you hear nothing for 6 months, then when you chase them up they tell you there isn't going to be a start date this year, and that your still in a talent pool. :(
Where did you apply for ?
Had my DMI today and got told there is a long wait for a space at Gidea Park / Ilford

Marv89

Hi guys,

Having gone through the various stages of applying to become a trainee driver for mtr crossrail (maidenhead depot) I had my final manager interview on Thursday of last week, and am pleased to say that I have "passed" the interview.

This is the wording of the email I've just received on Wednesday 24th April 2019:

"Dear Martin

We are pleased to advise you that we were very impressed by your performance at the interview, and it met the required standard for the Trainee Driver position.

However, at this time, we are unable to extend a formal offer of employment as we are just confirming the course start dates. We will be in touch once dates have been confirmed. It is likely that this will be June time.

We appreciate your understanding and we would like to congratulate you on passing the final stage of a competitive and demanding selection process

Kind Regards

MTR Crossrail Recruitment Team"

I was just wondering if there is anybody else out there who is in the same boat as me? Or had a similar email? As yet I've had no info on things like dbs or medical checks, but I'm sure this is all to come...? I'm hoping the delay of crossrail doesn't affect our training and when our training is due to begin? I've heard once confirmed this particular batch of training will begin around September Maybe?

If anyone else is on the same boat I'd love to hear from you! And congrats to anyone who has passed alongside myself!

Cheers,

Marv

TONE.84

Had my DMI today and got told there is a long wait for a space at Gidea Park / Ilford

Yeah they aren’t offering east depots out! If you pass (fingers crossed you do) they seem to be offering Abbey Wood to anyone who loves close enough, this is what happened to me! Otherwise you are told you’re in a holding pool!

Mekiz79

I applied for Gidea, I live too far from other depots. When I spoke to HR I was told there would be no courses for East depots starting this year. Very frustrating. I've applied for Greater Anglia now too.

SAM2389

Hi guys,

Having gone through the various stages of applying to become a trainee driver for mtr crossrail (maidenhead depot) I had my final manager interview on Thursday of last week, and am pleased to say that I have "passed" the interview.

This is the wording of the email I've just received on Wednesday 24th April 2019:

"Dear Martin

We are pleased to advise you that we were very impressed by your performance at the interview, and it met the required standard for the Trainee Driver position.

However, at this time, we are unable to extend a formal offer of employment as we are just confirming the course start dates. We will be in touch once dates have been confirmed. It is likely that this will be June time.

We appreciate your understanding and we would like to congratulate you on passing the final stage of a competitive and demanding selection process

Kind Regards

MTR Crossrail Recruitment Team"

I was just wondering if there is anybody else out there who is in the same boat as me? Or had a similar email? As yet I've had no info on things like dbs or medical checks, but I'm sure this is all to come...? I'm hoping the delay of crossrail doesn't affect our training and when our training is due to begin? I've heard once confirmed this particular batch of training will begin around September Maybe?

If anyone else is on the same boat I'd love to hear from you! And congrats to anyone who has passed alongside myself!

Cheers,

Marv

Congratulations, yeah mate just gotta wait for another response. I got told I passed on the phone and then waited for weeks for a formal start date.

So it literally could come out of the blue. Hopefully you’ll hear soon.

Where did you hear about September start dates?

Marv89

Congratulations, yeah mate just gotta wait for another response. I got told I passed on the phone and then waited for weeks for a formal start date.

So it literally could come out of the blue. Hopefully you’ll hear soon.

Where did you hear about September start dates?

The "potential" September start date was given to me at my dmi interview last week, by one of the train driver managers interviewing me, (can't remember his name, potentially adrian) i asked and he said should be confirmed by June and expected to be around September. Obviously really exited to get started but can't help but be nervous of the fact I've been told I've "passed" as such, but still do not have a contract of sorts or a start date. I hope it is soon though as I can't take much more of my current employment!

RailGuy111

Hi all, currently a driver at MTR - stick in there, it is definitely worth the wait. When you pass your training and join a link the work life balance is amazing.

I don't think there's going to be any start dates for Ilford/Gidea Park anytime soon. The depots are already full, and have long waiting lists for drivers waiting to transfer there. Abbey Wood seems to be where the need is currently, there's drivers there waiting to go East already. (This is just my opinion, nothing official has been announced).

TONE.84

Hi all, currently a driver at MTR - stick in there, it is definitely worth the wait. When you pass your training and join a link the work life balance is amazing.

I don't think there's going to be any start dates for Ilford/Gidea Park anytime soon. The depots are already full, and have long waiting lists for drivers waiting to transfer there. Abbey Wood seems to be where the need is currently, there's drivers there waiting to go East already. (This is just my opinion, nothing official has been announced).

I shouldn’t moan to much cos although I applied for gidea Park and have been offered Abbey wood so it’s a foot in the door! But why did they advertise for the east when it’s so over established already?! Again I’m pleased to be in but looks like we’ll just be on a very very long transfer list!

Marv89

hi @RailGuy111 Thanks for the input, sounds really promising once your in. Interesting that you've said there's some drivers at Abbey wood looking to go east. I've applied for maidenhead (would also take old oak) and was just wondering how crowded they are in comparison to the east as eastern parts sound pretty full at the moment.

Does anybody know once is all said and done how many driver will there be operating on crossrail?

N Pattni

Just received a phone call for my medical today. I was also asked to go to St Mary Axe to submit my paperwork. Any idea what the medical will look like? Do we need to prepare anything?

Shortly after the phone call I also received the link for the checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.