• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anders99

Ok good luck!! I start with MTR if anyone can answer my question let me know..
You'll get the email regarding your first day about a week before you start.... You know MTR now, like to keep people hanging around for info lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iceberg1

You'll get the email regarding your first day about a week before you start.... You know MTR now, like to keep people hanging around for info lol

Thanks!! Lol yes they should let us know sooner! I’m on holidays now and have already left my job and can’t wait now excited to start a new chapter!

Last edited:

N47

Make sure you're putting work in for the DFFT as this is definitely the hardest part of the day, practice the dots test as that will make the bourdon easier on the day.
Hi do you have any advise for the fault finding test, the practise material is straight forward (one with the train wipers, electric blind etc) and I cant find any other practise material

Thanks

TONE.84

Anyone who’s currently training remember how long you’re pretty much Monday-Friday? I start next month and just trying to gauge things and get my head round what it’s going to all be like? Thanks in advance

Quin79

Hi do you have any advise for the fault finding test, the practise material is straight forward (one with the train wipers, electric blind etc) and I cant find any other practise material

Thanks

There are 15 trains in the test, well the one I sat with GTR, similar principles to the practice material but more information. In many of the questions there are multiple faults which you have to prioritise the order as per instruction sheet. You only list the two most important faults. Can't really prepare other than what you have in the documents sent already. I wouldn't bother purchasing the practice paper from OPC as I found that didn't help one bit. I stupidly made two errors that I realised part way through the test so had to spend time and went back to correct. I was so convinced I'd failed pre lunch due to this test I was ready to go, as only managed 8 out of the 15 questions. Was surprised to hear I'd passed after lunch, so must have scored 8 correct. Every TOC is different re standards needed to pass. But as previous posters have commented, I too found this, along with the ATAVT Traffic scenes in the stage 2 computer based tests the hardest part. Good luck

Joliver

Anyone who’s currently training remember how long you’re pretty much Monday-Friday? I start next month and just trying to gauge things and get my head round what it’s going to all be like? Thanks in advance
Roughly 4 months Mon-Fri
6 weeks shift work
3-4 weeks Mon-Fri
8 weeks shift work
1 week Mon-Fri
shiftwork until passout.

Kazah5

Hi,

Was wondering if someone could shed some light on roughly how long it took for them to get a training course start date from the point of passing the dmi interview.

I had my dmi on 9th May, received an email on 14th May to say that I was successful but nothing since.

Thanks

Hey guys, just a quick question for those of you whom have completed your stage 2. Do they split the day and send you home if you fail? Or do they let you sit all the tests and tell you at the end of the day?

TONE.84

Hey guys, just a quick question for those of you whom have completed your stage 2. Do they split the day and send you home if you fail? Or do they let you sit all the tests and tell you at the end of the day?

You sit the 3 computer based tests one after the other, takes about an hour! Then wait outside for results! If you fail any of them you are sent home. Those who are successful are then given a sheet with 6 questions on and you have to write a sentence on each. Then it’s lunch and come back about 1ish and they start the MMI’s - you have to expand on the 6 questions basically! Interviews are about an hour on average. They ask you to leave the room and then come and find you about 10-15 mins later and tell you if you passed or not!

Iceberg1

Hi,

Was wondering if someone could shed some light on roughly how long it took for them to get a training course start date from the point of passing the dmi interview.

I had my dmi on 9th May, received an email on 14th May to say that I was successful but nothing since.

Thanks

Hi congrats! What depot have you applied for?

I was successful on my dmi and was told last year November and was waiting since and then I got offered a start date for August in March so waited 4 months to be told!

Their is also other people who was successful same time as me and are still waiting in the talent pool..

Kazah5

Hi congrats! What depot have you applied for?

I was successful on my dmi and was told last year November and was waiting since and then I got offered a start date for August in March so waited 4 months to be told!

Their is also other people who was successful same time as me and are still waiting in the talent pool..

Hi Iceberg1,

Thanks for your reply..

I applied for Gidea Park or Ilford however was told at interview stage that only Old Oak Common and Abbeywood were available. Will be going for Abbeywood once I receive a formal offer of employment. In the meantime I’ll just have to sit tight and wait ever so patiently.

Iceberg1

Hi Iceberg1,

Thanks for your reply..

I applied for Gidea Park or Ilford however was told at interview stage that only Old Oak Common and Abbeywood were available. Will be going for Abbeywood once I receive a formal offer of employment. In the meantime I’ll just have to sit tight and wait ever so patiently.

I applied for ilford/Gidea Park too but got offered and accepted a place for AbbeyWood

TONE.84

Hi Iceberg1,

Thanks for your reply..

Congratulations mate!

I’m another one who applied for gidea park and got offered Abbeywood! I had my DMI in March. I was pretty lucky and got told I passed and offered a start date about an hour later and now start next month! Did they say when they would be back in contact? It did seem that you have to be able to get to your depot on 40 mins, otherwise I think you go into a holding pool.

Kazah5

Congratulations mate!

I’m another one who applied for gidea park and got offered Abbeywood! I had my DMI in March. I was pretty lucky and got told I passed and offered a start date about an hour later and now start next month! Did they say when they would be back in contact? It did seem that you have to be able to get to your depot on 40 mins, otherwise I think you go into a holding pool.

Thanks Tone.84,

Wow! You were one of the lucky ones! Well done and good luck with the training .

All that I got told was that they’ll get in touch when training dates become available. Haven’t had any correspondence since passing dmi.

Hey guys, those whom have done their day 2. What would you say was the most difficult test. I know theres no way to prepare for it but just to know.
Thanks in advance

mateenez

Hi all, my dmi is coming up and knowing myself I haven’t been too great with interviews as I’ve flopped a few with other TOC, can anyone whose dmi was successful help talk through the interview please? Just to roughly have an idea of what’s going on and how to prepare. I applied for abbeywood

mateenez

Congratulations mate!

Hi can you help talk through the dmi please? Just to have an idea what to expect

Gorlash1886

Well I'm out didn't manage to do the GB to enhanced passed to national but just didn't do enough lines accuracy was good just not fast enough.

Gorlash1886

I think it was 8 per page I did just unfortunately not enough I reckon one more and I may have had it, just feel a bit gutted now.

LM888

Does anyone who has been to stage 2 assessments know if we have to do the vse again at the OPC in Watford after doing it as an online test?

Also if you only failed the 2hand test do you have to redo the whole Vienna set of tests again or just the 2hand?

mateenez

Thanks!! Lol yes they should let us know sooner! I’m on holidays now and have already left my job and can’t wait now excited to start a new chapter!
Hi mate, congratulations can you help talk through the dmi please? Got mine coming up

mateenez

Hi Iceberg1,

Thanks for your reply..

Congratulations mate, can you help talk through the dmi please? Just to roughly have an idea what to expect cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.