• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGD5891

Does anyone who has been to stage 2 assessments know if we have to do the vse again at the OPC in Watford after doing it as an online test?

Also if you only failed the 2hand test do you have to redo the whole Vienna set of tests again or just the 2hand?
Im sure its just the 2 hand, as a fella who was on my stage 2, had passed everything BUT the 2hand and they got him in and out quick just to do that one test,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LM888

Im sure its just the 2 hand, as a fella who was on my stage 2, had passed everything BUT the 2hand and they got him in and out quick just to do that one test,
Thank you for your reply. This helps a lot :smile:

alex_alexs28

I recently delivered some groceries to a customer which does help TOC's in the recruitment process.

She said that around December 2019, MTR will recruit again Trainee Drivers. I don't know if is true or not but I hope she is right and will be a helpful information for anyone around here.

Twotwo

I recently delivered some groceries to a customer which does help TOC's in the recruitment process.

She said that around December 2019, MTR will recruit again Trainee Drivers. I don't know if is true or not but I hope she is right and will be a helpful information for anyone around here.

Hopefully thats true! To be fair, mtr recruited July 2018 and now April/may 2019. I think most TOCs normally do a recruitment every year.

Anders99

Hi all, my dmi is coming up and knowing myself I haven’t been too great with interviews as I’ve flopped a few with other TOC, can anyone whose dmi was successful help talk through the interview please? Just to roughly have an idea of what’s going on and how to prepare. I applied for abbeywood

DMI's are a tricky one on here, its quite personal - questions you get asked are based on the personality questionnaire you answer before the DMI, so people can't really help you with them, though they are loosely based on questions similar to the MMI.

Other than that, research MTR Crossrail, they wanna know everything you know about, well (MTR) Crossrail... If you take a moment to search MTR DMI on here, there is some valuable info which no-one seems to ever find.

The DMI is down to you, people may be reluctant to help because they personally put so much hard work in for themselves, and the only way to really help you is to give you everything they've personally spent hours working hard to find themselves (if that makes sense?) You have to study, and research, then remember it all. Google is your best friend. Everything you find 'MTR Crossrail' is important, nothing is too small and insignificant, nothing too far away and worldly!

Good news, it was the most fun interview I've ever experienced in my life, I too am rubbish at interviews, but they make you feel so at ease. It's more like a 'chat' than a formal interview, but of course don't be late and wear smart clothes.

mateenez

DMI's are a tricky one on here, its quite personal - questions you get asked are based on the personality questionnaire you answer before the DMI, so people can't really help you with them, though they are loosely based on questions similar to the MMI.

Other than that, research MTR Crossrail, they wanna know everything you know about, well (MTR) Crossrail... If you take a moment to search MTR DMI on here, there is some valuable info which no-one seems to ever find.

The DMI is down to you, people may be reluctant to help because they personally put so much hard work in for themselves, and the only way to really help you is to give you everything they've personally spent hours working hard to find themselves (if that makes sense?) You have to study, and research, then remember it all. Google is your best friend. Everything you find 'MTR Crossrail' is important, nothing is too small and insignificant, nothing too far away and worldly!

Good news, it was the most fun interview I've ever experienced in my life, I too am rubbish at interviews, but they make you feel so at ease. It's more like a 'chat' than a formal interview, but of course don't be late and wear smart clothes.
Thanks a lot for your help mate I’ll take all you’ve said on board! Cheers

MayMay

Hi everyone. Great to see so many of you at different stages of the process. Im at a bit of a loss as to what to do. I sat the first online tests and have been waiting to here back so emailed at 20 days and was told to wait for the person dealing with it to return from annual leave. I then received an email from the person saying that my results had been emailed to me on the 5th july and that she was re sending them. I didnt receive either. I checked every box and rechecked and explained that I definitely was not receiving them and that she could even send them to an alternate email as this was very odd. I was then told that she wouldnt be resending them a third time. I cant understand why i would be receiving the emails from her yet not the actual results email?? Now i have no idea whats going on! Ive emailed hr but have yet to hear. There is definitely nothing wrong with my email. Really gutted!!

vantime

Hi everyone. Great to see so many of you at different stages of the process. Im at a bit of a loss as to what to do. I sat the first online tests and have been waiting to here back so emailed at 20 days and was told to wait for the person dealing with it to return from annual leave. I then received an email from the person saying that my results had been emailed to me on the 5th july and that she was re sending them. I didnt receive either. I checked every box and rechecked and explained that I definitely was not receiving them and that she could even send them to an alternate email as this was very odd. I was then told that she wouldnt be resending them a third time. I cant understand why i would be receiving the emails from her yet not the actual results email?? Now i have no idea whats going on! Ive emailed hr but have yet to hear. There is definitely nothing wrong with my email. Really gutted!!
Like you MayMay I've never heard anything back and,was waiting to hear how you got on. I did the first online test on the 15th of June. I'll ring the OPC and see if I get the same response as you and,let you know.

MayMay

Like you MayMay I've never heard anything back and,was waiting to hear how you got on. I did the first online test on the 15th of June. I'll ring the OPC and see if I get the same response as you and,let you know.

You’re better off emailing them Vantime. I posted the email somewhere here in a previous post. Yes it will be interesting to see their response for you. I hope you have more luck then me! Im sure you will as what’s happened to me doesnt seem to have happened to anyone else on here!

Sarriball29

I’m due to start on the 5th too!!

Just wondering if anyone can tell me when we will get instructions for the first day/week by email?

Thats great.

I was just wondering how long was the wait from passing your DMI to starting training.

Thanks

Sarriball29

Hi,

Was wondering if someone could shed some light on roughly how long it took for them to get a training course start date from the point of passing the dmi interview.

I had my dmi on 9th May, received an email on 14th May to say that I was successful but nothing since.

Thanks

I am in the same boat.

Did my DMI in May and got told in June I passed.

Haven't heard anything back since.

Anders99

Not sure when your dmi is but I found this book very helpful. Think it’s about £10 on Amazon

View attachment 66643
Don't waste your money on this!!!! If you passed your MMI you can pass your DMI! The MMI is significantly harder than the DMI. Research the company, and the rest is like any other job interview, why you, why the job, why them!

TONE.84

@Anders99 put a good message up further up the page about DMI. The key is to do your research and without sounding rude to anyone - you need to do it for yourself so that it sinks in and you can repeat it all back on the day! Look at MTR Crossrail and the crossrail project in general. Google it, read the Wikipedia page. There was even a programme about crossrail earlier in the year, watch that aswell. Just basically cram in as much information as you can. This part is usually the beginning of the interview and then more personal questions based on your personality questionnaire! I went through this forum and you’ll find some questions people have been asked! And then google DMI, you’ll find plenty of other potential questions there! Some good video on YouTube. Just find as many as you can and have a rough statement/bullet points for each prepared, that’s how I prepared for the day and found it went really well. It’s with 2 people, one driver manager and then maybe someone for HR usually. They take it in turns to ask questions and write everything you say down so you are mostly talking to the tops of there heads. It’s really relaxed I found.

Joliver

I'm just gonna add, find out info on MTR as a company, not just MTR Crossrail. They'll ask you about both.

dean2910

hi guys just joined today! i have my assessment day on the 14th of august with MTR Crossrail. i was wondering if anyone who has previously attended both recently or in the past, can recall what the text was they had to learn for the trp part 1 memory test. just trying to see how many variations or if they were all the same so i can try to research and read up on before hand. and also any tip/information and questions asked in the interview would be greatly appreciated. knowledge is power and all that!

dean2910

It’s about Glop but I done mine in 2017 not sure if it’s changed
hi i have an assessment on the 14th august for mtr crossrail. can you kindly enlighten me as to what Glop is for the memory test so i can research into this?

SGD5891

Hi mate, i could be wrong but i doubt you will find the glop test online lol honestly, thats one of the easy ones, straight forward, just write things down you think will be important, colours of signs, anything with numbers, or dates is always important. You will be fine....

dean2910

Hi mate, i could be wrong but i doubt you will find the glop test online lol honestly, thats one of the easy ones, straight forward, just write things down you think will be important, colours of signs, anything with numbers, or dates is always important. You will be fine....
ok thanks, is that what your memory test was on, was it with crossrail and how long ago?

Collins5

Can anyone who is in training help me? I’m waiting on a medical date after passing my DMI in April, (yeah the wait is killing me) can someone tell me what the timescale is when they do contact me. As in how far away is the appointment dates from when the email is sent and also from medical date to training start date is?
Thanks in advance

Joliver

Can anyone who is in training help me? I’m waiting on a medical date after passing my DMI in April, (yeah the wait is killing me) can someone tell me what the timescale is when they do contact me. As in how far away is the appointment dates from when the email is sent and also from medical date to training start date is?
Thanks in advance
I think mine was 5-6 weeks before my training started. Have you got a date for your course yet?

Collins5

I think mine was 5-6 weeks before my training started. Have you got a date for your course yet?
Cheers for the reply, no not even got a course date, was told by the end of the year so fingers crossed get the email soon

AndrewTrain

Hi All,
In prep for my DMI could i ask anyone how much/what kind of info on the depot they may be looking for, am applying for Old Oak Common and am struggling to find info that may be relevant.
Any helpers would he much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.