• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TONE.84

I'd also like to know if any are going to come up for either Gidea or Shenfield. Been 10 months since I passed everything. Still waiting in talent pool.

I started last month mate and doesn’t sound like anything for the east will be coming up anytime soon! Quite a few trainees at the minute who all applied for Ilford or Gidea Park and have all been given Abbeywood. Where are you based? Would you accept Abbeywood? Have you ever contacted them and said you would be willing to do so!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mekiz79

I started last month mate and doesn’t sound like anything for the east will be coming up anytime soon! Quite a few trainees at the minute who all applied for Ilford or Gidea Park and have all been given Abbeywood. Where are you based? Would you accept Abbeywood? Have you ever contacted them and said you would be willing to do so!

I live in Chelmsford so Gidea and Shenfield are the only realistic options for me unfortunately!

N.Sim

Has anyone who has completed stage 1 assessment day heard if successful for stage 2?

N.Sim

Congratulations mate!
The gaps between round starts getting a bit longer now! After my assessment day it was 7 weeks till the next round (MMI) and then after that you wait about another 6-7 weeks to hear about booking in the final DMI. So you might be looking at next year for a start.

Patience is key with Crossrail to all the new people applying. I applied last July and start on August 5th so over a year for me.

Did you find out on the day you passed stage 1?

Haven’t found out if passed stage 1 yet... fingers crossed. Seems use to be told on the day.
Weird cause you normally get told same day.. I wonder when this changed.. My friend went last week and he got booked straight for stage 2 at the end of the day he said after 18people only 4 people was left

Dazroof

Hi All

I’m currently waiting for training dates and my medical for old oak common. I passed my DMI back in April and was told training dates would be released end of June. However when I called the other day they said hopefully they will have dates in January 2020 but they don’t know what depot it’ll be for and to keep checking up with them. Anyone in the same boat or in the know when new training dates will be released?

Kay_M

Hello All

I'm not sure if this question has been asked already but for those of you that work in Crossrail does anyone know if they would do another external trainee train driver recruitment this year or will I need to wait until next year?

cseasy1984

Hello All

I'm not sure if this question has been asked already but for those of you that work in Crossrail does anyone know if they would do another external trainee train driver recruitment this year or will I need to wait until next year?

Only recruitment/HR would know the answer to this im afraid.

Hi everyone,

I passed my MMI a few weeks ago and have completed my OTDPQ. Does anyone know what the wait is for DMI?

I'm aware they're very busy with recruitment but I'm a little worried as I'm off on holiday soon and don't want the DMI to coincide with said holiday. Do they give you an option for dates or are you just given one and asked to attend on that day?
Any updates on this?? Have you heard back?

up1989

Hello all, I passed stage 2 including the MMI this week, I was told I would receive an email from mtr asking to complete a personality questionnaire in preparation for the DMI. Out of interest how long was the wait for the email in everyone’s experience?

Kazah5

Hello all, I passed stage 2 including the MMI this week, I was told I would receive an email from mtr asking to complete a personality questionnaire in preparation for the DMI. Out of interest how long was the wait for the email in everyone’s experience?
Hi,

Congratulations on passing Stage 2, I received the questionnaire approx 4 weeks after passing Stage 2.

Good luck with DMI

up1989

Hi,

Congratulations on passing Stage 2, I received the questionnaire approx 4 weeks after passing Stage 2.

Good luck with DMI
Thank you and thanks for the quick reply! Ah right I’m in for a bit of a wait then!

Have you done your dmi now if so how was it, I found the mmi assessor was really easy to talk to about me at ease, is it a similar environment at the DMI?

Thank you and thanks for the quick reply! Ah right I’m in for a bit of a wait then!

Have you done your dmi now if so how was it, I found the mmi assessor was really easy to talk to about me at ease, is it a similar environment at the DMI?
Congratulations

Kazah5

Yes I’ve had my DMI, it was pretty straightforward as long as you’ve done you're research you’ll be fine. I found the DMI more relaxed than the MMI but that’s my opinion and experiences from both. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.