• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneLowban

Nothing here yet either.

Thinking whether to ask the question to recruitment or not..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ibra

Have to do the VSE And M7-SJT . Anyone know what this entails? Thanks

PencasterFlyer

Have you re-checked your application status by logging in again?
As you started your application maybe the system made an error. Have another look in you account you set up and view your applications.
Good luck.

Does anybody know where I can make a complaint regarding applying for this?
I’ve emailed the recruitment address but no response and when I phoned all they will say the vacancy is closed and no more submissions.

My issue is on Sunday I began the application but it asked for the CV to be uploaded in .rtf, .txt, .doc or .docx formats. My CV was already complete but in .pdf format so I needed to retype it all in Microsoft Word to resave in .doc format to upload. I decided as I was on shift at the time until Wednesday evening that I would leave it until the Wednesday evening to complete.
The advert said on it the closing date was 5/8/18 so I thought I was well within the timeframe.

The following evening (Tuesday) 31/7/18 I received a reminder email from MTR that I had an incomplete application saved. As I was finishing my shift the next day I decided to continue with what I had originally planned and complete it the next day (Wednesday) as I had planned.

On Wednesday I went through the application and saved each section as I went along, including uploading my retyped CV in the correct format and it accepted everything when I saved!
The last section I had to complete was the section about my last 5 years history.
I am working for London Underground currently for the last 3 years. I filled in the information for this and managed to save it all ok. The 2 years before that was the final bit I had to fill in before I submitted so I typed up all the necessary information and tried to save it but nothing happened when I tried repeatedly. I copied all the text I had written with the intention of pasting the text back in after refreshing the page in case it had locked or something.
I refreshed the page and got the message ‘no more applications were being accepted’

My gripe is first of all how can the campaign be closed in the middle of when I was actually in the process of filling in the last section and about to submit my application?
As there was no indication of immediate urgency in the reminder email then why would me submitting the application 24 hours after the reminder being sent to me (without any information that it was imminently closing) be a problem seeing as it was stated the closing date was 5/8/18?

All I want is to be able to throw my hat in fairly and see if I’m able to progress to the next stage for this vacancy. I’ve been looking almost daily on the MTR website for over 2 years for this particular vacancy to come about again and feel that I’ve been treated very unfairly.

I spoke to a recruitment coordinator at MTR earlier today and was told repeatedly we can’t do anything the applications are closed.
I asked then that if I wasn’t satisfied with the response and would like my case looked into, especially to find out how it can be closed during when I’m actually in the process of submitting my application he gave me no information and simply repeated ‘we can’t do anything, the application is now closed’.

If anybody on here can actually point me in the right direction of where and who I need to talk to about this problem I will be eternally grateful.

Apex

Anybody here who has completed VSE and SJT yet? Finsihed mine today and logged out. It stated there were no more tests for me to sit and thanked me for my time. However I didnt recieve a confirmation email, normal? Many thanks :D

utternoob

Anybody here who has completed VSE and SJT yet? Finsihed mine today and logged out. It stated there were no more tests for me to sit and thanked me for my time. However I didnt recieve a confirmation email, normal? Many thanks :D
"Please note that once you have completed the assessment tools you will not be sent an email confirming that they have been completed or saved."

Apex

"Please note that once you have completed the assessment tools you will not be sent an email confirming that they have been completed or saved."

It says you won't receive any confirmation mails before you start IIRC (I didn't get one).

Many thanks for your quick replies! I think im just a little eager.... Best of luck to all who applied

Ibra

How was it mate ?

Ray786

Got through to an assessment day... loads of revision to do. Good luck to everyone

Ffcsteve14

Stage 1 0 wrong
Stage 2 1 wrong
Stage 3 absolutely capitulation

Good luck to all, don’t hold out much hope for me!

Saffa

I've not received any notification for the VSE stage yet. I appreciate the guidance was 20 days but am due to go on holiday shortly. I called the recruitment team at Crossrail and they advised to call the OPC. I did that and they advised to send them an email, which I have.

Just a tad stressed... o_O

ThatGuy

They’ll recruit again don’t worry, they’ll always give you a generic answer in regards to future recruitment because like all TOCs when they first launch they have a rough figure of how many divers they’ll need but atm half their new trains aren’t even in service let alone the whole line. So as annoying as it is, patience and remaining vigilant for these vacancies are the key. Literally checking a few times a day everyday until you spot an opening and then like the guys mentioned above, make sure you do it the same day. You’ll find a way if it’s important. Good luck guys, hopefully I see you at training

Ibra

Does anyone know what you need to pass stage two SJT and VSE? Thanks

Malala

Anyone know what you need to get too pass stage 2 SJT and VSE. Does the VSE have to be 80-90%?

OneLowban

Anyone know what you need to get too pass stage 2 SJT and VSE. Does the VSE have to be 80-90%?
Nobody will know mate, in this game the amount you need to get is under wraps, just so your best and hope. :smile:

OneLowban

Enhanced pass I heard. Are all 3 added together for cumulative total?
Yeah it would be enhanced probably. But again, no one knows the actual pass mark.

Don’t think so, when I did the VSE at stage 2 with another TOC there was a lady that said she failed just part 3.

Ffcsteve14

got you. You make a very good point, who really knows what they want. would CV and any previous passes come into play??

Passed psychometrics with precious company so who knows!

OneLowban

got you. You make a very good point, who really knows what they want. would CV and any previous passes come into play??

Passed psychometrics with precious company so who knows!
It’s true. I think it would but you would still need to pass the tests.

Ah, so you have done all psychometric tests before but still did the MTR VSE?

Ffcsteve14

It’s true. I think it would but you would still need to pass the tests.

Ah, so you have done all psychometric tests before but still did the MTR VSE?

I have. But does not matter if I do not pass MTRs assessments. Passed psychometrics with another TOC.

OneLowban

I have. But does not matter if I do not pass MTRs assessments. Passed psychometrics with another TOC.
Was the VSE the same?

Because I have done the assessments too so wondering unless I didn’t pass the initial online tests, I am waiting for an email to do the MTR VSE.

Unless you passed it at a standard pass mark before and MTR is enhanced so had to retake, is that the reason?

Ffcsteve14

MTRs policy is that you take the VSE before anything else.

Virgin was enhanced but who knows what MTR are looking for. I would assume top people.

Good luck for any further tests.

OneLowban

MTRs policy is that you take the VSE before anything else.

Virgin was enhanced but who knows what MTR are looking for. I would assume top people.

Good luck for any further tests.
Oh right. I passed enhanced too, I hope they just haven’t got around to emailing me yet then. :)

Thanks mate and you.

Status
Not open for further replies.