• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KCot1

Silly question but I recently passed my DMI (10/10/19) and was informed by email I was successful four days after my interview however I did not receive a phone call so I’m just wondering did everyone on here receive a phone call and a email? Or is it pot luck with what form of communication you get? Sorry if it sounds silly I want to be sure just in case the number they have on file for me is incorrect :oops:

BigBus

Silly question but I recently passed my DMI (10/10/19) and was informed by email I was successful four days after my interview however I did not receive a phone call so I’m just wondering did everyone on here receive a phone call and a email? Or is it pot luck with what form of communication you get? Sorry if it sounds silly I want to be sure just in case the number they have on file for me is incorrect :oops:
That’s normal, I had the same email. Currently no vacancy and this position is for a talent pool.

Lenny_U

I've had mine on 16/10 and still haven't heard nothing what depot did you apply for?

Lenny_U

Anyone else on here that applied for Maidenhead depot & haven't heard nothing back yet?

Fractal

Any updates on booking DMIs interview and anybody recently just done their DMI plz???

Did everyone see the news about part of crossrail delayed until 2021 ??
Do you think it will affect recruitment for trainee driver atm or those waiting for interviews

Yeah mate, did mine last week. Just waiting for the outcome now.

EvoUK

Yeah mate, did mine last week. Just waiting for the outcome now.
Hi Fractal,
Would you mind sharing how long you had to wait between the MMI and DMI? And which depo did you apply for?

There seems to be a range in waiting times experienced by some of the canindates on this forum. I wonder whether there may be a link between the different waiting times and the depo's candidates have applied for.

Fractal

Hi Fractal,
Would you mind sharing how long you had to wait between the MMI and DMI? And which depo did you apply for?

There seems to be a range in waiting times experienced by some of the canindates on this forum. I wonder whether there may be a link between the different waiting times and the depo's candidates have applied for.

I did my MMI on the 4th September and had my DMI on the 8th November.

I applied for Abbeywood however when speaking to the interviewers they said where I’m in the east, I could end up at Ilford or Shenfield. They also stated “If” successful, I could be looking at a march start.

Edit: My mistake, my MMI was on the 16th but originally was meant to be the 4th September.

Last edited:

Lenny_U

Any updates yet mate?
No nothing yet....
I have called them today, HR took my number and said they'll call me back today so I'm just waiting:(

Edit: No call yesterday so I guess it's back to waiting....

Last edited:

Lenny_U

Any updates on booking DMIs interview and anybody recently just done their DMI plz???

Did everyone see the news about part of crossrail delayed until 2021 ??
Do you think it will affect recruitment for trainee driver atm or those waiting for interviews
Have you had your DMI yet?

Lenny_U

I did my MMI on the 4th September and had my DMI on the 8th November.

I applied for Abbeywood however when speaking to the interviewers they said where I’m in the east, I could end up at Ilford or Shenfield. They also stated “If” successful, I could be looking at a march start.

Edit: My mistake, my MMI was on the 16th but originally was meant to be the 4th September.
Have you heard back after your DMI?

BigBus

Have you got starting date?
I haven't even heard back if I have been successful & my interview was a month ago
I have a Jan start date...
I would call them to double check if its been more then a month. They are still interviewing candidates and are very busy. Hopefully you should get a response very soon.

Lenny_U

Congratulations!
What depot did you apply for?
And when was your DMI?
I already called them 2 days ago, they said they'll call back but didn't hear from them again...
Thank you for your quick response and good luck with your training!

Last edited:

Lenny_U

I have a Jan start date...
I would call them to double check if its been more then a month. They are still interviewing candidates and are very busy. Hopefully you should get a response very soon.
Congratulations!
What depot did you apply for?
And when was your DMI?
I already called them 2 days ago, they said they'll call back but didn't hear from them again...
Thank you for your quick response and good luck with your training!

Last edited:

Lenny_U

Nope. Friday will be 2 weeks which they said if I don’t hear back by then, give them a call. But judging by other comments, that’s just a waste of time and might as well wait.
Fingers crossed you hear back soon!
They called me today saying I was unsuccessful at my DMI, gutted

Status
Not open for further replies.