• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveB

Just completed the SJT and VSE. No idea how I got on with the SJT, just answered them as honestly as I could.
Thought the VSE was going reasonably okay up until part 3. I know I made mistakes in that part (as it pops up on screen when you make an incorrect answer), just hope I didn’t make too many that means I score below the pass mark standard, whatever that might be! Definitely found it worthwhile practising with the material that the OPC sent through though.

sharpiejas

just completed the STJ and VSE also. Had about 6 mistakes in the 3rd part, also 2 stupid ones in the 2nd where i said the correct answer in my head but pressed the wrong response! Also found the practice paper worthwhile.

On another note, my last day to complete was today. When i logged in it said i had until 5pm to complete. Lucky i did not leave it until after work....

Merci

I also completed the STJ and VSE for today deadline. I applied for Maidenhead depot. Part 3 was tricky, i recommend doing the practice paper as many times as you can so your familiar.

Colin01

They're are still processing applications. Got email basically confirming this. I did the VSE and SJT lady Friday

LeGrimpeur

I did Vse and sjt Tuesday. Applied for OOC. Just got email saying I failed vse. Annoying as I’ve already passed the official driver vse for my current role. On nights this week so not at my sharpest. Ah well, good luck to everyone still in the mix!

Colin01

I did Vse and sjt Tuesday. Applied for OOC. Just got email saying I failed vse. Annoying as I’ve already passed the official driver vse for my current role. On nights this week so not at my sharpest. Ah well, good luck to everyone still in the mix!
That's crazy. I'm in a similar position. Currently a Depot Driver and had to pass a full driver assessment to get my role. Still haven't heard back yet though. From what they have told me we can only do the assessment twice in a lifetime if you are unsuccessful.

Colin01

Did you get the email today?

Nofun4me

F.C. Steve what day is your assessment? I got my email through Tuesday

Last edited:

Mekiz79

I just received email confirming I am successful also. Gotta go London on 23rd august!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Just got my rejection from this today at the same time as I got told I was through to the assessment centre with Freightliner, I guess you win some you lose some... good luck to you all though!!!

LeGrimpeur

That's crazy. I'm in a similar position. Currently a Depot Driver and had to pass a full driver assessment to get my role. Still haven't heard back yet though. From what they have told me we can only do the assessment twice in a lifetime if you are unsuccessful.
Yep same here, depot driver.

Can you clarify, that test I did online, I can only fail once more in a lifetime?

I was under the assumption this was a precursor to the actual vse + sjt that would be done at a test centre and it was that one you only get a couple of goes at?

JTS

Hey all first time poster and first time applying for a trainee train driver role

congrats to those who have passed unfortunately I'm not one of them as just got an email for failing the sjt hard to know how I did as no pass mark is given and no feed back will be either so no idea if i failed by small or large margin or where I need to improve on :s

Does this failure count as part of your 2strikes rules and does it carry over to other toc's records? Also it says I can't apply again for 6months is this just for Mtr crossrail or all.

Colin01

Just got my rejection from this today at the same time as I got told I was through to the assessment centre with Freightliner, I guess you win some you lose some... good luck to you all though!!!
Did you get a email from them saying you had to choose?

Colin01

Yep same here, depot driver.

Can you clarify, that test I did online, I can only fail once more in a lifetime?

I was under the assumption this was a precursor to the actual vse + sjt that would be done at a test centre and it was that one you only get a couple of goes at?
Dm'd you

Status
Not open for further replies.