• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OneLowban

Will be giving gidea Park a crack. Now to just hope to be selected to give that pesky VSE another go.
I’ll be giving that depot a go too.

I saw these posted last week but when you went to apply it said internal only, had a feeling they would be external soon after. Cheers.

Branston

I’m going to ask the usual question: can I relocate? It isn’t clear

I’m in the same boat as you I feel! I have still given it a go...will wait and see.
This is my first ever TD application so not holding out much hope coming from a construction background- but fingers crossed

Cyclist

submitted it anyway, I see that there's a withdraw button so if we find out for certain you cant relocate I will just withdraw it so I don't waste their time

martin2345uk

Established Member
Well I've thrown my hat in too :) There were no questions about suitability for the role on this one I noticed, and nowhere to mention relocating, so I uploaded a Covering Letter in the CV section, hoping they would see that as showing initiative rather than an inability to follow instructions :-/

But what will be will be.

Ibra

And also does any one know the recruitment process as it my first time ever applying for a trainee train driver position

ESONEULB

Anyone have any idea how many hours a week this job is for the pay etc?

It does not seem to give that info.. is it the standard 4 days 35 hrs shift pattern etc?

OneLowban

Put in for Gidea Park, fingers crossed.

Application says a February 2019 start for Old Oak Common and a March 2019 start for Gidea Park and Maidenhead in case anyone missed that.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Me too.

Anyone have any experience to share on these?

They’re pretty standard multiple choice “what would you do in this scenario” type things, nothing you can really “prepare” for. Just answer honestly.

LM888

Always answer the sjt with safety and the front of your mind, customer service and the wellbeing of colleagues

martin2345uk

Established Member
I’m assuming they send the SJT out to everyone who applied? Just as a means of whittling down the numbers without manual intervention...

Status
Not open for further replies.