• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TONE.84

@Anders99 @Joliver Thanks very much for this! Yeah it’s a small sacrifice in the scheme of things! Just want to prepare a little for it as I don’t start till August have a bit of time. Thanks again and hope training is going well

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GDC

Hi all
Got a start date for 5th August so looking forward to meeting you guys on here with the same start date! My original application was for Gidea Park depot but was more than happy to accept Abbey Wood when I got the call.

Out of interest can anyone tell me what the medical involves?

Iceberg1

Hi all
Got a start date for 5th August so looking forward to meeting you guys on here with the same start date! My original application was for Gidea Park depot but was more than happy to accept Abbey Wood when I got the call.

Out of interest can anyone tell me what the medical involves?

Congrats!! I have been given a start date for August too, I also applied for Ilford/Gidea Park but more then happily accepted Abbey Wood!

There is a few of us on here who have been given a start date for August!

When was you offered the position? Mines been over a week been told I’ll be emailed or called for the references and medical date etc.. won’t worry too much as i guess will likely be in a month or two at least.

KikoMatsing

Congrats! HR will call you to book your appointment for the medical test. They will email you your appointment including the place and documents you need to bring(i.e. photo id and NI number) to confirm your identity.

Medical test involves filling in basic medical questionnaires. Alcohol, urine test for drugs. Your blood pressure. Weight and height for BMI. Eye sight and hearing test. Lastly ECG.

My BP was above the normal reading of the machine so the nurse had to check it manually. I’m blaming it on white coat hypertension!!

I’ve been asked by HR to go straight to head office after my medical to bring all the documents they needed including staff oyster forms.

Iceberg1

Congrats! HR will call you to book your appointment for the medical test. They will email you your appointment including the place and documents you need to bring(i.e. photo id and NI number) to confirm your identity.

Medical test involves filling in basic medical questionnaires. Alcohol, urine test for drugs. Your blood pressure. Weight and height for BMI. Eye sight and hearing test. Lastly ECG.

My BP was above the normal reading of the machine so the nurse had to check it manually. I’m blaming it on white coat hypertension!!

I’ve been asked by HR to go straight to head office after my medical to bring all the documents they needed including staff oyster forms.

How long after accepting the offer did they contact you for medical and to go to HR for docs?

KikoMatsing

How long after accepting the offer did they contact you for medical and to go to HR for docs?

6 weeks after I accepted the job offer I had an email from the company that does the DBS, references check on behalf of MTR. The following week HR called to book me an appointment for medical test, I would have booked that week but I was only available the following week.

There is another one here who said he got contacted after 5 weeks of accepting the offer.

GDC

Congrats!! I have been given a start date for August too, I also applied for Ilford/Gidea Park but more then happily accepted Abbey Wood!

There is a few of us on here who have been given a start date for August!

When was you offered the position? Mines been over a week been told I’ll be emailed or called for the references and medical date etc.. won’t worry too much as i guess will likely be in a month or two at least.
Got the call on the 12th March. Was so excited about getting a position I blocked out most of what else I was being told! I’ve seen in another post they check weight and BMI as part of the medical. Think I’d better hit the gym before it comes around!

Anders99

Got the call on the 12th March. Was so excited about getting a position I blocked out most of what else I was being told! I’ve seen in another post they check weight and BMI as part of the medical. Think I’d better hit the gym before it comes around!

I really wouldn't worry yourself about that. Also, bmi calculators have always stated I'm overweight/obese because I have more muscle mass than the norm, so it's bull****. They're not checking to see how big you are (appearance wise) it's just part of a standard health assessment. In fact, I remember them checking my weight, but not converting it to bmi

TB8519

Morning everyone. Just wondering if all of you guys who have had the job offer were contacted within the 14 days they mention after your DMI? It's 14 days today for me and everytime that phone rings and it's not an 0207 number I get a little disheartened. Congratulations to all who were successful and have had an offer

simonw22

Morning everyone. Just wondering if all of you guys who have had the job offer were contacted within the 14 days they mention after your DMI? It's 14 days today for me and everytime that phone rings and it's not an 0207 number I get a little disheartened. Congratulations to all who were successful and have had an offer
Yes they should call you today at latest. If not id ring them tomorrow.

I never received a call i just got an email the very next day offering me the job but it varies from person to person i wouldnt worry.

Peeler

I really wouldn't worry yourself about that. Also, bmi calculators have always stated I'm overweight/obese because I have more muscle mass than the norm, so it's bull****. They're not checking to see how big you are (appearance wise) it's just part of a standard health assessment. In fact, I remember them checking my weight, but not converting it to bmi

I believe I read somewhere that the national standards say you have to have a BMI under 33 to be declared medically fit.

SAM2389

I got a call after 16 working days and told I was successful.

Got a July 1st start date for abbey wood

TB8519

Thanks Simon. They emailed me around an hour after I posted this and offered me a position. Start 1st July out of Old Oak Common. Over the moon
Yes they should call you today at latest. If not id ring them tomorrow.

I never received a call i just got an email the very next day offering me the job but it varies from person to person i wouldnt worry.

TB8519

Thanks Sam. They emailed me offering me a role around an hour after I posted this so obviously over the moon. Starting 1st July out of Old Oak Common.
Thanks Simon. They emailed me around an hour after I posted this and offered me a position. Start 1st July out of Old Oak Common. Over the moon

Anders99

Well.. .Without wanting to offend anyone, there's quite a few people who I'm sure aren't under 33 on the BMI working for MTR Crossrail already, including some who are still training so are 'new.' But what do I know... Just saying what I see :smile:

TB8519

Thanks Sam. They emailed me offering me a role around an hour after I posted this so obviously over the moon. Starting 1st July out of Old Oak Common
I got a call after 16 working days and told I was successful.

Got a July 1st start date for abbey wood

TONE.84

Abbey Wood is going to be full of drivers from East London & Essex it seems ...when it opens that is!

N Pattni

No probs, on a full 4 weeks (we get paid every 4 weeks) it's about £1725. Many are in the same boat, it's hard but a sacrifice only for a precise year
Thanks for the info! I'm also worried about the pay but now feel much better.

cseasy1984

Hey all, it's good to see so many of you coming to Abbey Wood. I am a driver over there and have been through this entire process you are all going through. If anyone needs any advice or info feel free to shoot me a message.

Pumpkin79

Hi guys , still waiting for my DMI , it’s been over 2 months since I passed my 2nd assessment . Has anyone else had to wait this long ?

TONE.84

Hi guys , still waiting for my DMI , it’s been over 2 months since I passed my 2nd assessment . Has anyone else had to wait this long ?

Where have you applied for? It does seem to be taking a bit longer than usual! I waited 10 weeks from sitting my MMI to being offered a DMI and then with the date I chose it was exactly 14 weeks between assessments! You’ll hear from them soon I’m sure

Pumpkin79

Where have you applied for? It does seem to be taking a bit longer than usual! I waited 10 weeks from sitting my MMI to being offered a DMI and then with the date I chose it was exactly 14 weeks between assessments! You’ll hear from them soon I’m sure
Thanks Tone.84
Applied for Ilford/Gidea Park

Arvz

How are the April 1st starters getting along? Also what point before your start date did you feel the ball started moving, with HRs communication with you leading up to your start date?

GDC

Well.. .Without wanting to offend anyone, there's quite a few people who I'm sure aren't under 33 on the BMI working for MTR Crossrail already, including some who are still training so are 'new.' But what do I know... Just saying what I see :smile:

Have you seen many that go 16st?

cseasy1984

I wouldn't worry about the medical check too much. BMI is stupid and outdated. As long as you can carry out your duties as a train driver it doesn't matter how much you weigh. They are really looking for issues that are quite serious that will affect your role as a driver such as eye sight problems, hearing issues, heart conditions and mobility problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.