• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDC

Hi have you had any contact regarding giving your references and completing dbs checks or even a medical? I have the same start date as you in August and I haven’t heard or been contacted since being offered the start date!

I got a call yesterday (01/05/2019) regarding booking the medical. I also received an email to complete for background checks so hopefully you'll get the call very soon (if you haven't already). See you in August!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GDC

Can anyone tell me if you get the results for the medical immediately? Or do you have to wait for samples to be sent away?

Iceberg1

I got a call yesterday (01/05/2019) regarding booking the medical. I also received an email to complete for background checks so hopefully you'll get the call very soon (if you haven't already). See you in August!!!

Thanks yes they contacted me too yesterday :) I submitted the security watchdog checks in the afternoon and medical is booked feeling excited now!! Finally will be meeting you all in august

Starz123

Can anyone tell me if you get the results for the medical immediately? Or do you have to wait for samples to be sent away?
Only thing you have to wait for is your urine sample which gets sent off I believe but everything else they will tell you on the spot

TONE.84

Yeah also called yesterday! I’m booked in for tomorrow afternoon so I can just get it out the way and then I’m good to go for August!

John Gibbs

I had my DMI on Monday and have heard nothing. From reading the thread.. most people who have been successful hear the next day. Just wondering if anyone has waited over a week (which it will be after bank holiday) to find out and told they are successful or am I just waiting to be told I failed?

simonw22

I had my DMI on Monday and have heard nothing. From reading the thread.. most people who have been successful hear the next day. Just wondering if anyone has waited over a week (which it will be after bank holiday) to find out and told they are successful or am I just waiting to be told I failed?
Someone in my group waited 15 days i wouldnt worry. Its different for everyone another in my group got told before she even got the train back home.

Juliet Barvo

Well, they made me wait a full 14 working days before they sent me the email.

If they really like you, it stands to reason that they'll phone you straight after the interview as they sometimes do.

I know blokes who got a rejection phonecall within 2 hours, or a rejection email week later.

It seems to all depend on how much they like you at interview or whether you just scrapped through. I clearly just scraped through, but a Hire's a Hire. Yes, it is an awful wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

oida89

If they really like you, it stands to reason that they'll phone you straight after the interview as they sometimes do.

I know blokes who got a rejection phonecall within 2 hours, or a rejection email week later.

It seems to all depend on how much they like you at interview or whether you just scrapped through. I clearly just scraped through, but a Hire's a Hire. Yes, it is an awful wait.

And if you don't like the god awful suffering of waiting for 14 working days to learn whether you've been accepted or not, you can always stick being a Binman with all your mates and just apply for a Council House instead of a mortgage. I no I'm sometimes tempted an outdoor job on the go all the time surounded by mates Ive nown for years.

I dont need to apply for a job to be made to suffer, I can stay at home for that.

John Gibbs

Thanks. Really appreciate that

RailGuy111

hi @RailGuy111 Thanks for the input, sounds really promising once your in. Interesting that you've said there's some drivers at Abbey wood looking to go east. I've applied for maidenhead (would also take old oak) and was just wondering how crowded they are in comparison to the east as eastern parts sound pretty full at the moment.

Does anybody know once is all said and done how many driver will there be operating on crossrail?

Hi mate, I'm not entirely sure about the west, I think I remember hearing most people who applied for Maidenhead were offered Old Oak Common (A lot of qualified drivers already at MTR went in for Maidenhead, which filled a lot of positions). Most trainees seem to be for Old Oak Common right now. My advice would be to go for the job at Old Oak Common, if offered, and then look to move back oneday - but I understand everyone's circumstances are different, and for some it won't be feasiable.

I suppose some of the drivers who applied for Abbey Wood when it was first advertised, done what a lot would - signed up to get their foot in the door, and then transfer back closer to home. It all depends on whether you live within the travel time limit rule.

I'm not sure what the exact number of required drivers is, I remember hearing 400 (don't qoute me!), but I've also heard the establishment numbers aren't concrete yet, and can increase.

Marv89

To you four guys who have been called this last week or So for medical etc, when did you have your dmi's just out of interest? I had mine on Thursday 25th last month before Easter Friday and was told I passed interview the following tuesday (30th).. I know it's barely been 2 weeks but I hate not knowing!!

TONE.84

To you four guys who have been called this last week or So for medical etc, when did you have your dmi's just out of interest? I had mine on Thursday 25th last month before Easter Friday and was told I passed interview the following tuesday (30th).. I know it's barely been 2 weeks but I hate not knowing!!

Had my interview 22nd Feb mate, was told same day I passed but didn’t accept until 5th March! It was 8 weeks from accepting and getting the phone call! You just have to be patient at this paint as things seem to take a little while. I’m starting August 5th so I think your start date will have something to do with when you get a medical aswell.

Iceberg1

I had my DMI in Oct last year.. for East and I got told that I was successful in just under 2 weeks pending a start date.

In Jan I was told that there is no vacancy for East and that I will be in a Talent Pool until a position comes available.

In March I was offered a position in Abbey Wood if I was willing to change depots for this August as I live within the times which I accepted...

so it was a long wait for me and for some others!

The main thing is that they have informed you that you passed your DMI be patient they will contact you.

At least you have already been told and that you know your in!

Last edited:

Marv89

Awesome thanks for the reply guys.. I'll remain patient, congrats yourselves and hopefully I won't be a million miles behind You!

N Pattni

My DMI was on the 12th March for August start. I now can start earlier and have enquired if I could start earlier or not but have received no reply yet.

Can't wait to start and join sooner! ☺️

Wizkid1010

Don’t stress too much about it, I got told 15 days after my DMI.

N.Sim

Hi, do you think more trainee train driver positions will come up?? Or is recruitment more or less over now?

Starz123

Trainee train driver positions opened up for Maidenhead, abbey wood and old oak depots (internal applicants only) May open up to public so keep your eyes peeled

Twotwo

Trainee train driver positions opened up for Maidenhead, abbey wood and old oak depots (internal applicants only) May open up to public so keep your eyes peeled

I’ve heard this could be the last batch of recruitment for a while. I wonder if it will go external? Coz it’s been on the internal portal since Friday.

Mabs

I applied for this as an external (someone sent me the link without saying internal only)
I got an email saying my application will be rejected but for me to keep checking as they plan to advertise for external candidates very soon.

slidingdoors

Hmm okay maybe I was saw the internal link referenced earlier so apologies. Someone showed me on their phone. Although they’re not an MTR employee. Closing date was 24th May.

Twotwo

Hmm okay maybe I was saw the internal link referenced earlier so apologies. Someone showed me on their phone. Although they’re not an MTR employee. Closing date was 24th May.

Ohh, yes that’s the internal link. I think it will go external soon anyways.

Mabs

Ohh, yes that’s the internal link. I think it will go external soon anyways.
This is the message I got a few days ago

Dear

Further to your recent application to the Trainee Driver role, unfortunately this is only advertised internally on our intranet site and is therefore only open to existing employees of MTR Crossrail at this time. As a result we are not able to consider your application. We will be advertising externally shortly. Once advertised, you will need to re-apply. Please note that there will be a limit set on the number of applications so we advise you to complete the application as quickly as possible once it is live.

We appreciate your understanding and we would welcome your application when the vacancy is advertised. You can sign up for job alerts on our website to make sure you do not miss your opportunity to apply.

Kind Regards

MTR Crossrail Recruitment Team

Status
Not open for further replies.