• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestarter

This is the message I got a few days ago

Dear

Further to your recent application to the Trainee Driver role, unfortunately this is only advertised internally on our intranet site and is therefore only open to existing employees of MTR Crossrail at this time. As a result we are not able to consider your application. We will be advertising externally shortly. Once advertised, you will need to re-apply. Please note that there will be a limit set on the number of applications so we advise you to complete the application as quickly as possible once it is live.

We appreciate your understanding and we would welcome your application when the vacancy is advertised. You can sign up for job alerts on our website to make sure you do not miss your opportunity to apply.

Kind Regards

MTR Crossrail Recruitment Team

Cheers, will keep a eye out

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Marv89

I know this sounds a bit of a funny query but I've been successful at dmi stage and am currently waiting on a course start date, (I was told I would be emailed around June time) with a date to begin the course. I assume I will be contacted before anything has been made public again? Or do they just need more drivers still on top of everyone they've already got waiting in a talent pool?

Sentra

Does anyone know how long before your start date do they send you uniform information as well as joining instructions?

Joliver

Does anyone know how long before your start date do they send you uniform information as well as joining instructions?
I think it was roughly eight weeks or so when I went and had a uniform fitting and handed in documents for staff Oyster card etc. Got an email with joining instructions a week before starting.

Sentra

I think it was roughly eight weeks or so when I went and had a uniform fitting and handed in documents for staff Oyster card etc. Got an email with joining instructions a week before starting.

Thanks, much appreciated.

N Pattni

Got my medical and security check results! All was satisfactory! Can't wait to start! Officially joining the team!

Marv89

Had this email today from the recruitment team. Sounds like more jobs will become public this weekend.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190522-205818_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20190522-205818_Email.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 128

TB8519

Just out of interest guys. How long after your medical do you they let you know everything has come back ok? Mine will be absolutely fine but it leaves you wondering especially as it was a month today I had the medical. Start date is July 1st and I have heard that sometimes they just stay quiet right up until the week before you start,that's just them

N.Sim

Hi all, do you have any tips for applying for the train driver positions? Thank you

Joliver

Hi all, do you have any tips for applying for the train driver positions? Thank you
Hi,
Have a read through this thread and the forum. Use the search tool to find what you're looking for. There is so much info on here, you'll find everything you need to know about every stage/tips of the recruitment process. Good luck.

N.Sim

Hi,
Have a read through this thread and the forum. Use the search tool to find what you're looking for. There is so much info on here, you'll find everything you need to know about every stage/tips of the recruitment process. Good luck.
Thank you I really appreciate it

Iceberg1

Just out of interest guys. How long after your medical do you they let you know everything has come back ok? Mine will be absolutely fine but it leaves you wondering especially as it was a month today I had the medical. Start date is July 1st and I have heard that sometimes they just stay quiet right up until the week before you start,that's just them

You can call them and ask yourself if they have everything and if it’s all good so you can hand in your notice..

Have you done your uniform fitting yet? I was told they will contact you that at least a month before you start

TONE.84

You can call them and ask yourself if they have everything and if it’s all good so you can hand in your notice..

Have you done your uniform fitting yet? I was told they will contact you that at least a month before you start

I took my Oyster card forms up this week and spoke to Will the main recruitment guy! He just said medical results will be fed back once they have all your references in etc! And then uniform is within last month...basically so that it’ll fit in case people gain/lose weight. Everything will happen we just have to be patient I guess...as frustrating as that is!

TB8519

Handed my notice in 8 weeks ago as had to give 12 weeks notice for long service.

Met Will at head office the same day as my medical for the oyster carr forms. Will just have to be patient as people have said. Cheers for reply though

Sentra

I waited 2 weeks after my medical(handed oyster card forms same day),I called them enquiring about the medical at which they told me my medical results as well as the references being cleared.
In my excitement I did not ask about what to expect next and have yet to be contacted about uniform.I assume close to our start date(I am 1st July as well) we will also receive joining instructions?
Give them a call to enquire about your results.

nimbo12

Had this email today from the recruitment team. Sounds like more jobs will become public this weekend.

@Marv89 I just spoke to someone in the HR team about the trainee driver role and they said that it is now being pushed back and will no longer be released tomorrow. The said that they should have more of an idea on Tuesday! Will give a call back on Tuesday and let you know what they say..

@GDC When it is released it is external although it doesn't sound like will be open for long as there is a limit to the number of applications they are taking.

Marv89

@nimbo12 I hope this push back doesn't affect people like myself who have already passed DMI and awaiting further correspondence. Hopefully it's just for the new vacancies.

I'd love to start this year but cant help feel uneasier as time goes by. Patience really is a virtue in this process.

Last edited by a moderator:

N.Sim

@Marv89 I just spoke to someone in the HR team about the trainee driver role and they said that it is now being pushed back and will no longer be released tomorrow. The said that they should have more of an idea on Tuesday! Will give a call back on Tuesday and let you know what they say..

@GDC When it is released it is external although it doesn't sound like will be open for long as there is a limit to the number of applications they are taking.

Hi,

Have you heard anything about the external vacancy? Thanks

MashMix28

Good luck to tommorows new starters!!! Oh yeah don't carry too much as you are going to take home a mediumish size Box containing your uniform etc!!

GDC

Good luck to tommorows new starters!!! Oh yeah don't carry too much as you are going to take home a mediumish size Box containing your uniform etc!!

If you have a cabin sized case on wheels it might be an idea to take it rather than lugging around a box full of uniform!

ratbag

Is Crossrail an application form then sift, or is it application form, then a SJT, then sift?
I just looked through the thread. It's application, the SJT.

Last edited:

Sarriball29

Hey Guys,

Great forum and helpful advise.

I had my DMI interview about 3 weeks ago now. I believe it went really well, thats feeling I had. I could be completely wrong lol.

Its been over 14 working days taking into consideration the bank holiday in May and I still haven't got a response. Getting quite worried now.

Looking on the bright side at least I haven't received a rejection email yet.

Any thoughts?

Theooboy

If I’ve passed stage 1 and 2 and enhanced level would I go straight to DMI with MTR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.