• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Do you think it's done in alphabetical order of surnames distributed in groups. They did say up to 20 days. So every 6 to 7 days release the m7 and vse?

They are quick. I was hoping this would take about a year.
Re: Application for the role of Trainee Train Driver with MTR Crossrail

Thank you for completing the MTR Crossrail online tests for the role of trainee driver. I’m pleased to tell you that you’ve been successful and have been shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process which is an assessment centre where we would like to get to know you some more and to see if working for MTR Crossrail as a trainee train driver would be right for you and the organisation.

The assessment centre will be held at the MTR Crossrail offices at 63 St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8NH. The assessment centre will run on 23 July 2019 from 09:00 until 17:00. We recommend that you plan to arrive by 8:45 at the very latest as the assessment centre will start promptly at 09:00. If you arrive after 09:00 then you will not be able to take part in the assessment centre and you will be turned away. Some practice test materials are attached to help you prepare. It’s recommended that you focus on the practice test materials for the following tests which you will sit on the day:

• The Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1 and 2
  • The Group Bourdon Concentration Test
  • The Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT)
  • The Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (TEA-Occ)

Spacegirl

Thank you for completing the MTR Crossrail online tests for the role of trainee driver. I’m pleased to tell you that you’ve been successful and have been shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process which is an assessment centre where we would like to get to know you some more and to see if working for MTR Crossrail as a trainee train driver would be right for you and the organisation.

The assessment centre will be held at the MTR Crossrail offices at 63 St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8NH. The assessment centre will run on 23 July 2019 from 09:00 until 17:00. We recommend that you plan to arrive by 8:45 at the very latest as the assessment centre will start promptly at 09:00. If you arrive after 09:00 then you will not be able to take part in the assessment centre and you will be turned away. Some practice test materials are attached to help you prepare. It’s recommended that you focus on the practice test materials for the following tests which you will sit on the day:

Congratulations hun
I don’t know when I will hear back, I done the first questionnaire they sent and now I’m waiting for the

Spacegirl

I’m waiting for the vse, I done the sjt on Thursday and haven’t heard back, I’m worried, maybe they haven’t asked for the vse test because I didn’t do good on the sjt? I’m paranoid now

TONE.84

Congratulations mate!
The gaps between round starts getting a bit longer now! After my assessment day it was 7 weeks till the next round (MMI) and then after that you wait about another 6-7 weeks to hear about booking in the final DMI. So you might be looking at next year for a start.

Patience is key with Crossrail to all the new people applying. I applied last July and start on August 5th so over a year for me.

ratbag

Thank you for completing the MTR Crossrail online tests for the role of trainee driver...
Congratulations. Crossrail didn't even ask me to complete the VSE, which rang a few alarm bells. I'll brace myself for the "Thank you for submitting your application, but on this occasion you have been unsuccessful" letter.

Spacegirl

Congratulations. Crossrail didn't even ask me to complete the VSE, which rang a few alarm bells. I'll brace myself for the "Thank you for submitting your application, but on this occasion you have been unsuccessful" letter.
Lol let’s try to be positive

Micahxx

I also got an invitation to the assessment Centre today..

ratbag

Lol let’s try to be positive
I like to stay positive, but I'm a realist above all else. Given the fact some people have been given the opportunity to complete the VSE and invited to an assessment, while others have had ZERO reply, logic dictates the unpalatable. IE: Rejection. Maybe they are bringing people through in waves. Best SJT scores 1st, then the 2nd tier group, then the 3rd tier etc? Who knows?

I like to stay positive, but I'm a realist above all else. Given the fact some people have been given the opportunity to complete the VSE and invited to an assessment, while others have had ZERO reply, logic dictates the unpalatable. IE: Rejection. Maybe they are bringing people through in waves. Best SJT scores 1st, then the 2nd tier group, then the 3rd tier etc? Who knows?
I've been told it's in waves so don't panic yet

Iceberg1

Congratulations mate!
The gaps between round starts getting a bit longer now! After my assessment day it was 7 weeks till the next round (MMI) and then after that you wait about another 6-7 weeks to hear about booking in the final DMI. So you might be looking at next year for a start.

Patience is key with Crossrail to all the new people applying. I applied last July and start on August 5th so over a year for me.

I agree you need to be patient in the process with any TOC!!

Good luck everyone who’s applying and going through the process :)

George harris

I’m looking at a career on the crossrail as a driver but i believe I’ve missed the application period for a station near me within the 45 minutes required
Anyone know when they will be posting more vacancies or if they will be?

ruby

There seems to be a lot of folks still waiting for a reply. So I will say stay positive ☺️

Micahxx

This first assessment looks like it is for the paper tests. I might have a wait as I only have to complete one of the computer tests. That’s if I have passed the vse/m7sjt of course
Hopefully you will pass it, i have no idea what to expect but i will go through the practice stuff they attached to the invitation email.

Josh.1

Hi Peeps
Has anyone that has applied for abbey wood been invited to complete the VSE as yet? Just wondering if they are working through maidenhead first ornlike you say Waves?.

I completed the first online test on Thursday last week and awaiting.

Cheers
josh.

Micahxx

Hi Peeps
Has anyone that has applied for abbey wood been invited to complete the VSE as yet? Just wondering if they are working through maidenhead first ornlike you say Waves?.

I completed the first online test on Thursday last week and awaiting.

Cheers
josh.
I applied for abbeywood, i have done my VSE and i have been invited to the Centre for assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.