• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mabs

Those people who passed the VSE - How many did you get wrong in the 3rd part?

John Snow

All those who applied Thursday we have until the 11th of July technically to hear back from them, be patient and fingers crossed.

Micahxx

Those people who passed the VSE - How many did you get wrong in the 3rd part?
Well, i didn't really notice to be honest but i could remember getting about 4 wrong on the primary and about 4 on the secondary in the third test.
What i notice is that the ones you get wrong always come back and you must try and get it right once it shows up again.

Shozaloza

Hey guys I'm new here.
I applied for Maidenhead and did the VSE yesterday. I thought I made at least 5-10 mistakes on the second and third part.
Much to my surprise I received an email today with an invite for the assement on 23rd July
I'm pretty sure they have a very intricate way of processing applicants as I know of many people who waited more than others in the process but ended up starting together.

Mabs

Hey guys I'm new here.
I applied for Maidenhead and did the VSE yesterday. I thought I made at least 5-10 mistakes on the second and third part.
Much to my surprise I received an email today with an invite for the assement on 23rd July
I'm pretty sure they have a very intricate way of processing applicants as I know of many people who waited more than others in the process but ended up starting together.

That's great news. I hope I get the email aswell very soon. I'm just waiting.

FFF4

In the training area, level 5, everybody sitting at desks and behind the reception desk are all senior managers and they are all lovely.

FFF4

Hey guys I'm new here.

The whole point of the VSE is to overload you until you break and to see if you can recover from that overload.

Anders99

I'd just like to say, from someone who's been through the process twice (failed 1st MMI, successful second time) that the amount of time you wait for news of success for the online assessments really doesn't mean you've done better then others or whether you're successful or not. Once you start the assessments in person then you find out VERY quickly how successful you've been.

The key here is a lot of patience, it seems like that in itself is a test of your capabilities for the role. (Take everything from this point as a test!) Before my second MMI, we sat and watched one of the 2 interviewers sit and bundle pens into groups of 10 for about 30mins before he bothered to start interviewing us (priorities obviously lol). If it says wait 20 days, then give them 20 days. Right now it doesn't mean you've done any better or worse than those who've been offered the first assessment day already. It could just be luck of the draw. It's hard to be patient, believe me I know, but you have to be.

They have so so many applications to go through, and in all honesty probably don't have the manpower to deal with this efficiently (hence the 20 day wait). Also, you can't all do the assessment days at the same time nor start on the same day, so things have to happen in waves.

Moving on, the only things you need to prepare for the assessment days are what they give you, you don't need to buy any extra tools/software/etc the practice material they supply is more than adequate just in addition print off the group bourdon (dots) so you practise with dots rather than letters, print off a load and practise, practise, practise.

This forum is like your Bible, which has been running for years, with this thread being very specific to the MTR application process. Don't jump on and ask questions without using your common sense to find the answer yourself first, it's all on here, help yourselves. (Not to be rude, so noone please take this personally, but if you can't be bothered to put in less than 30mins researching your concerns on here, then this isn't the job for you as your training is full of self discovery learning and studying in your own time). Failing to find your answer on here, the people who've gone through the process will then be more than happy to help you.... :D

Good luck everyone, hope to see you soon.

Last edited:

SGD5891

I'd just like to say, from someone who's been through the process twice (failed 1st MMI, successful second time) that the amount of time you wait for news of success for the online assessments really doesn't mean you've done better then others or whether you're successful or not. Once you start the assessments in person then you find out VERY quickly how successful you've been.

The key here is a lot of patience, it seems like that in itself is a test of your capabilities for the role. (Take everything from this point as a test!) Before my second MMI, we sat and watched one of the 2 interviewers sit and bundle pens into groups of 10 for about 30mins before he bothered to start interviewing us (priorities obviously lol). If it says wait 20 days, then give them 20 days. Right now it doesn't mean you've done any better or worse than those who've been offered the first assessment day already. It could just be luck of the draw. It's hard to be patient, believe me I know, but you have to be.

They have so so many applications to go through, and in all honesty probably don't have the manpower to deal with this efficiently (hence the 20 day wait). Also, you can't all do the assessment days at the same time nor start on the same day, so things have to happen in waves.

Moving on, the only things you need to prepare for the assessment days are what they give you, you don't need to buy any extra tools/software/etc the practice material they supply is more than adequate just in addition print off the group bourdon (dots) so you practise with dots rather than letters, print off a load and practise, practise, practise.

This forum is like your Bible, which has been running for years, with this thread being very specific to the MTR application process. Don't jump on and ask questions without using your common sense to find the answer yourself first, it's all on here, help yourselves. (Not to be rude, so noone please take this personally, but if you can't be bothered to put in less than 30mins researching your concerns on here, then this isn't the job for you as your training is full of self discovery learning and studying in your own time). Failing to find your answer on here, the people who've gone through the process will then be more than happy to help you.... :D

Good luck everyone, hope to see you soon.
Spot on m8, are you working as a driver now bud?

Anders99

Spot on m8, are you working as a driver now bud?
I'm currently working my way through the training process.

The application process can take about 6 months to up to a year. Then you may be placed in a talent pool and so not even offered the role immediately. I believe this round of applications is for a pool, not to start until late this year or next year, more than likely next year. But MTR have a contract to fill vacancies and have drivers ready to go, and I'm not that in the know to be able to elaborate any more on that. Most of us were surprised that the vacancy was advertised again tbh, but I'm not privy to that kind of info.

Have you applied?

Nevergiveup

I guess they’re no longer recruiting? I don’t see any vacancies on their site

They are quick. I was hoping this would take about a year.
Re: Application for the role of Trainee Train Driver with MTR Crossrail

Thank you for completing the MTR Crossrail online tests for the role of trainee driver. I’m pleased to tell you that you’ve been successful and have been shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process which is an assessment centre where we would like to get to know you some more and to see if working for MTR Crossrail as a trainee train driver would be right for you and the organisation.

The assessment centre will be held at the MTR Crossrail offices at 63 St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8NH. The assessment centre will run on 23 July 2019 from 09:00 until 17:00. We recommend that you plan to arrive by 8:45 at the very latest as the assessment centre will start promptly at 09:00. If you arrive after 09:00 then you will not be able to take part in the assessment centre and you will be turned away. Some practice test materials are attached to help you prepare. It’s recommended that you focus on the practice test materials for the following tests which you will sit on the day:

• The Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1 and 2
  • The Group Bourdon Concentration Test
  • The Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT)
  • The Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (TEA-Occ)

Starz123

Congratulations mate!
The gaps between round starts getting a bit longer now! After my assessment day it was 7 weeks till the next round (MMI) and then after that you wait about another 6-7 weeks to hear about booking in the final DMI. So you might be looking at next year for a start.

Patience is key with Crossrail to all the new people applying. I applied last July and start on August 5th so over a year for me.
Same with me I applied last year July and I started my training beginning of the year, patience is defo the key. It’s not a race and don’t take it personal if someone gets a response from MTR before you.

SGD5891

I'm currently working my way through the training process.

The application process can take about 6 months to up to a year. Then you may be placed in a talent pool and so not even offered the role immediately. I believe this round of applications is for a pool, not to start until late this year or next year, more than likely next year. But MTR have a contract to fill vacancies and have drivers ready to go, and I'm not that in the know to be able to elaborate any more on that. Most of us were surprised that the vacancy was advertised again tbh, but I'm not privy to that kind of info.

Have you applied?
I applied yes but in the mean time i was waiting for DMI with arriva rail london. Passed that on monday and starting on 5th august. BUZZING!!

TB8519

Afternoon everyone.

Just seeing if there's anyone on here who starts their training on July 1st?
Absolutely buzzing to get started now and looking forward to meeting some new faces. Cheers. Tom

AMtrain101

Afternoon everyone.

Just seeing if there's anyone on here who starts their training on July 1st?
Absolutely buzzing to get started now and looking forward to meeting some new faces. Cheers. Tom

Yeah I start on the 1st July, can’t wait my head is spinning!

up1989

Still no reply for me from the first situational judgement. Anyone else in the same boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.