• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexkings

Good luck to everyone who applied for the trainee post, don’t stress and stay focus the tests are easy just stay calm

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GDC

Hi All

I'm due to start in August and would really appreciate any advice from the people on this thread that already work for Crossrail. Is there anything you would advise in the way of prep work before starting? Obviously I done a lot of research on the company for my DMI, but that was quite a while ago and a few things have changed I,e chairman/completion date.

Thanks!!!

TONE.84

I’m starting August aswell mate! An old work colleague who joined crossrail about 4 years ago told me not to worry about anything for the first day! The stuff for DMI was mainly to show you’re keen to get the job and not necessarily important for when we start.

Personally I plan on enjoying my last month before I have to start cramming a load of new information into my tiny brain

Not long now

Hi All

I'm due to start in August and would really appreciate any advice from the people on this thread that already work for Crossrail. Is there anything you would advise in the way of prep work before starting? Obviously I done a lot of research on the company for my DMI, but that was quite a while ago and a few things have changed I,e chairman/completion date.

Thanks!!!

Joliver

Hi All

Thanks!!!
I wouldn't worry at all mate. First week is company induction etc etc. You'll get your uniform too within a couple of days.

crebbs1

I believe there should be another page that tells you the priority of the faults and also the fault codes for each individual fault.

Micahxx

Yes it was sent as an attached file but i printed out. I have gone through all the 80 something pages and couldn't find it.

N Pattni

I’m starting August aswell mate! An old work colleague who joined crossrail about 4 years ago told me not to worry about anything for the first day! The stuff for DMI was mainly to show you’re keen to get the job and not necessarily important for when we start.

Personally I plan on enjoying my last month before I have to start cramming a load of new information into my tiny brain

Not long now
Me too! Uniform fitting on the 3rd! Can't wait to start!

SGD5891

View attachment 65159 can any please tell me how the fault code is generated from the diagram.
It should defo be the last page of the booklet, but here it is anyways. If theres 2 or more faults then the one that is the highest priority is the answer....

Attachments

• 1FEEA6EF-E78F-45BB-9F16-9E71FBA1CCF8.png
    1FEEA6EF-E78F-45BB-9F16-9E71FBA1CCF8.png
    259.3 KB · Views: 34

Micahxx

It should defo be the last page of the booklet, but here it is anyways. If theres 2 or more faults then the one that is the highest priority is the answer....
Thank you, i really appreciate your response. I couldn't find that page on mine but i will go through it again, once again thank you.

Micahxx

I went through the original attached file and found it on page 21, my printer might have missed it.

Butchey

Hi, does any body know if they have recruited for Plumstead depot recently ? Or withing the last 8months? Or when was the last recruitment for Plumstead depot?

I feel like I have been waiting for them to advertise and not sure if I have missed (I have often check the site vacancies, withing the last year) but I haven't seen anything yet, but there seems to be loads of posts and people talking about the position here.

How to hear you from somebody.

Last edited:

iphone76

Hi, does any body know if they have recruited for Plumstead depot recently ? Or withing the last 8months? Or when was the last recruitment for Plumstead depot?

I feel like I have been waiting for them to advertise and not sure if I have missed (I have often check the site vacancies, withing the last year) but I haven't seen anything yet, but there seems to be loads of posts and people talking about the position here.

How to hear you from somebody.

Yes. They advertised for trainees about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It closed after about 3 days or so.

TrainSailing

Hi All

Thanks!!!

No, you don't need to do any prep for the course just sit back and relax until your start date in August.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.