• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TONE.84

Got email last night advising I will probably be contacted in 3-4 weeks to arrange interview.

Are you training with another company already mate? Would you be willing to drop that and cross over to MTR given the chance? I remember talking to you a while back and thought we had our DMI same time back in March?

TONE.84

Slightly random questions for current trainees? Had uniform fitting last week. Did people go for the shoes or boots? Not sure if I messed up going for the shoes! And do you have to wear them all the time or are you ok with your own pair for classroom based learning? Cheers

Iceberg1

Slightly random questions for current trainees? Had uniform fitting last week. Did people go for the shoes or boots? Not sure if I messed up going for the shoes! And do you have to wear them all the time or are you ok with your own pair for classroom based learning? Cheers

I did the same and have been thinking the same lol the shoes looked a lot better IMO and more comfy why I chose them too!!

Just to ad to the question are we allowed to wear all black trainers?

iphone76

Neither of them are very comfortable. Once you have passed out, you can buy your own and claim £23 towards the cost of them.

Teddyward

Are you training with another company already mate? Would you be willing to drop that and cross over to MTR given the chance? I remember talking to you a while back and thought we had our DMI same time back in March?
I have finished my training. I wouldn’t leave my current job at least in til the contract ends. I did have a dmi booked in March but withdrew.

Joliver

Neither of them are very comfortable. Once you have passed out, you can buy your own and claim £23 towards the cost of them.
A trainee in my group managed to claim and bought their own. Might be worth asking when you guys start? I don't find the boots that bad to be honest.

achillles

Hello,
New to the forum,
Hope all are well,

Has anyone heard back since the last set of recruitment, if you passed your DMI around the April time.
I was told June but not heard anything yet.
Thanks

N47

Anyone got any advise for the group bourdon test, the practise material provided I can only get half way through the page in the time they recommend

Thanks

N Pattni

I also have chosen the shoes and not the boots. The boots looked so bulky and uncomfortable!

Sarriball29

Hello,
New to the forum,
Hope all are well,

Has anyone heard back since the last set of recruitment, if you passed your DMI around the April time.
I was told June but not heard anything yet.
Thanks

I had my DMI in May and was told that I passed in June.

I haven't heard any update yet, since I was told I got the job. In the email it said that they are still awaiting course dates and it may be that I'll have to wait until November.

MayMay

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone else still waiting for their results for the first online test?
I submitted mine 20 working days today and have still not heard anything back.
Called MTR Crossrail HR team who advised me to contact The OPC, spoke to them who in return asked me to email my enquiry.
Fingers crossed I get a response quickly.
For anyone else that needs to contact them the email address is [email protected].

vantime

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone else still waiting for their results for the first online test?
Called MTR Crossrail HR team who advised me to contact The OPC, spoke to them who in return asked me to email my enquiry.
For anyone else that needs to contact them the email address is [email protected].[/QUOTE
Hi there! I'm yet to hear too. I completed the OPC test on the 15TH of June.
Hello all,
For anyone else that needs to contact them the email address is [email protected].
Hi there! I'm yet to hear too. I completed the OPC test on the 15TH of June

Ash1984

Click on the “Search” icon under location and it should displays the vacancies. Trainee Train Driver- New Cross & Willesden

strangemonk

Do GA Abellio use VSE? If so, I'm going to give up in my quest to be a train driver.
Nope just a SJT then Stage 1 to Enhanced like most TOCs and national pass for stage 2 including MMI. results valid for 3 years with GA, 5 with others and 2 with others.

Stage 1 is at Stratford academy internal
Stage 2 is at OPC Watford including MMI

SGD5891

I applied for Willesden. Would it affect my application as I failed the MTR Crossrail VSE assessment.
Im not 100% sure but my guess would be Yes mate. As said before, ARL use VSE but they do it as the last test of stage 2.

Itchy_Butt

Hi all,

I have my assessment day on the 30th of this month. In the email there are 4 tests which they recommend practicing for as these will come up on the day (TRP Part 1 & 2, Group Bourdon, DFFT, TEA OCC). However, in the practice pack there are a lot more tests mentioned and also an MMI.

Can anybody clarify which tests exactly we will be required to do and if there will be an MMI? We'll be there from 9-5 so I cant imagine how it can only be 4 tests for the entire day...

Status
Not open for further replies.