• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shozaloza

Hello everyone. I am going to bed every night with visions of four dots (Bourdon)
I'm attending the first assessment day on Monday. I am very nervous but reading all the tips on here sure does help so thank you to everyone.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

N47

Hi

For the first assessment day mtr

The fault finding test how many questions will there be and time limit. In the practise there was 7 questions

Thanks

N47

The pack contains practice material for Stage 1 and Stage 2. You only need to practice for the tests they have told you about (that you’ve outlined above). The other tests are for Stage 2.

Similar question, is the test when you have to look at the grey square in part 1? Also the images which appear for a sec and you have to choose what was there I.e motor vehicle, road sign etc
Thanks

Quin79

Hi

For the first assessment day mtr

The fault finding test how many questions will there be and time limit. In the practise there was 7 questions

Thanks
If same as GTR 15 questions in 45 mins. All I will say is the DFFT is a lot harder than the practice ones they send and the one you can purchase from OPC. Was nearly my downfall

N47

If same as GTR 15 questions in 45 mins. All I will say is the DFFT is a lot harder than the practice ones they send and the one you can purchase from OPC. Was nearly my downfall
Do you have any suggestions how to prepare for the dfft please, yes the practise was way too straight forward.

Sentra

Hello everyone. I am going to bed every night with visions of four dots (Bourdon)
I'm attending the first assessment day on Monday. I am very nervous but reading all the tips on here sure does help so thank you to everyone.

Good luck Shozaloza.

Wroyal

Itchy_Butt

Hi, It is good, however first link seems an error. It is not working.

Can't get the link work for some reason but if you type 'Paddle Your Kanoo Reading Memory Test' into Google, it's the first result at the top of the page

Asj

Evening everyone,

Im AJ, newbie here who came across this site looking for material to practice for the upcoming assessment on Mon 22 July.

Would just like to say hi to everyone and what a massive help you have been from tips to extra materials to study. You have all been a huge help and I just wanted to say thank you to you all.

Hope to see those sitting assessments on Monday

SGD5891

Is the ARL test identical to the test done for mtr at home?
Im not sure mate, as j never got that far with MTR( which is weird because had the OPC checked, they would of seen I've already passed the VSE)

Joliver

Im not sure mate, as j never got that far with MTR( which is weird because had the OPC checked, they would of seen I've already passed the VSE)
Doesn't matter mate, MTR stipulate all online tests have to be completed regardless of previous psychometric passes. If successful and invited to stage one, previous passes then come into play.

vantime

Hi Vantime, nothing. I emailed them and they said the person dealing with it is on annual leave till 29th July!
Hi MayMay, thanks for letting me know. When I log into the MTR site it still shows as 0 Applications in progress and 3 emails older than 3 weeks. The suspense is killing me lol.

Anybody heard back after doing the online test where u follow the train and click when you see a fault...been waiting over a week now and nothing

MayMay

Hi MayMay, thanks for letting me know. When I log into the MTR site it still shows as 0 Applications in progress and 3 emails older than 3 weeks. The suspense is killing me lol.
Me too Vantime! Hopefully we hear something after the 29th!

SGD5891

Doesn't matter mate, MTR stipulate all online tests have to be completed regardless of previous psychometric passes. If successful and invited to stage one, previous passes then come into play.
Yeah that makes sense....never even got to VSE stage so I must of failed the online SJE.... anyways not disheartened as i start in 2 weeks with ARL

Joliver

Yeah that makes sense....never even got to VSE stage so I must of failed the online SJE.... anyways not disheartened as i start in 2 weeks with ARL
Ah nice. I'm nearing the end of training with this company. It's a great job!!
Good luck.

Make sure you're putting work in for the DFFT as this is definitely the hardest part of the day, practice the dots test as that will make the bourdon easier on the day.
From what I understand the dfft is completely diffferent on the day itself. The practice material for that test that they sent was easy

SGD5891

From what I understand the dfft is completely diffferent on the day itself. The practice material for that test that they sent was easy
100% percent the practice material is a lot easier BUT does get you some good practice in. On the day its a bit more in depth but if you find the practice material easy then you will be fine with the real thing...

SGD5891

Ah nice. I'm nearing the end of training with this company. It's a great job!!
Good luck.
Thats good mate. Im on holiday now for 2 weeks and come back and start my course on the 5th. Really looking forward to it...

100% percent the practice material is a lot easier BUT does get you some good practice in. On the day its a bit more in depth but if you find the practice material easy then you will be fine with the real thing...
Good to know cheers mate. Going through the comprehension side of things now, this where my memory comes into play haha

Iceberg1

Thats good mate. Im on holiday now for 2 weeks and come back and start my course on the 5th. Really looking forward to it...

I’m due to start on the 5th too!!

Just wondering if anyone can tell me when we will get instructions for the first day/week by email?

Status
Not open for further replies.