• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbo27

Thank you to all who answered. I contacted them today and they had the wrong email for me. I now have my interview booked for the 19th!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MiFF

Is there anybody on here that’s been in a holding pool for Abbey Wood and now have been given start date? I Passed my DMI early November if that’s similar to any one who might have been given a start date or waiting longer than me? Just to give me an idea of what I might be looking at time wise.
Thanks

Asj

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say well done to those who recently sat their DMIs and successfully passed. I recently received a call from MTR after sitting my DMI back in September and it appears that training will commence from March 2020 onwards.

Can't wait to begin now, once again just want to say thanks to all those who contributed in the forum that helped many of us get to this point.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say well done to those who recently sat their DMIs and successfully passed. I recently received a call from MTR after sitting my DMI back in September and it appears that training will commence from March 2020 onwards.

Can't wait to begin now, once again just want to say thanks to all those who contributed in the forum that helped many of us get to this point.
Congratulations

EvoUK

Hi all, I passed the DMI and managed to secure a place starting March 2020.

Does anyone know what the potential timelines for receiving my medical/background checks?

BigBus

Does anyone know what the potential timelines for receiving my medical/background checks?

Once you sign your contract and complete your Welcome Pack, you should receive a call to book your Medical- which is within a week and A DBS link sent to your email for you to complete also within a week-

I kept chasing my HR department to complete and send back my ref checks immediately.

Both Medical and DBS was completed within 1 Week but can take longer If your current employer is slow to respond.

If both are satisfactory; you will get an Email to come in for a Uniform fitting.

silverstar

congrats. did u pass your DMI recently and was it for OOC depot. I passed my DMI a couple weeks back but wasn't given a date for training as of yet. just that it should be in 2020.

Once you sign your contract and complete your Welcome Pack, you should receive a call to book your Medical- which is within a week and A DBS link sent to your email for you to complete also within a week-

I kept chasing my HR department to complete and send back my ref checks immediately.

Both Medical and DBS was completed within 1 Week but can take longer If your current employer is slow to respond.

If both are satisfactory; you will get an Email to come in for a Uniform fitting.
Congratulations

EvoUK

congrats. did u pass your DMI recently and was it for OOC depot. I passed my DMI a couple weeks back but wasn't given a date for training as of yet. just that it should be in 2020.
Hi,

I completed my DMI around two weeks ago but was initially told I would be in the talent pool until sometime 2020 (informally was told this would likely be summer 2020).

Received official offer last week.
Hopefully you wont be waiting too much longer.

silverstar

Hi,

I completed my DMI around two weeks ago but was initially told I would be in the talent pool until sometime 2020 (informally was told this would likely be summer 2020).

Received official offer last week.
Hopefully you wont be waiting too much longer.
ah ok thanks, hopefully not too long of a wait then. Also, was this for Old Oak Common depot?

Asj

Congratulations mate. Hopefully I'm not too far behind you too, I'll be going to the same depot.

Ash1984

Hi all,

Can anyone help with my concern. I've been searching and reading what's online but seems very contradicted. I wanted to know if MTR allow Trainee Train Drives to wear hearing aid when joining the company. I have moderate hearing loss in one of my ear. I know some TOCs out there allow drivers to wear them but wasn't sure if MTR did? RSSB guidance is not tic specific.

If anyone has joined MTR recently who does wear hearing aid, how was the medical (hearing) test conducted.

Any help will be appreciated.

EvoUK

For those due to start training in March 2020; have any of you received reference request, background check, medical dates etc?

Starz123

Hi all,

Can anyone help with my concern. I've been searching and reading what's online but seems very contradicted. I wanted to know if MTR allow Trainee Train Drives to wear hearing aid when joining the company. I have moderate hearing loss in one of my ear. I know some TOCs out there allow drivers to wear them but wasn't sure if MTR did? RSSB guidance is not tic specific.

If anyone has joined MTR recently who does wear hearing aid, how was the medical (hearing) test conducted.

Any help will be appreciated.
I currently work for MTR and I’ve seen a driver wear hearing aids. I don’t know what standard is set when applying though.

Ash1984

I currently work for MTR and I’ve seen a driver wear hearing aids. I don’t know what standard is set when applying though.

Thanks Starz123 for the reply, I’ve spoken to MTR HR who have said I need to meet the industry standard, they couldn’t be very specific and I don’t think they actually know. I guess my concern or question was how would the test be conducted, will they put the headphone over my hearing aid? Or do they use any other method?

Bobby4126

Has anyone started training for Maidenhead yet? I called before the new year but there seems to be no timescale for training? Just sitting in the talent pool....

Crazyb

Talking to someone at MTR, they have a group which started this week ??? or sometime in Jan and another will start in March which will be group 39. I don't think they are taking anymore, but holding people in a talent pool for natural wasted. Saying that though, the railway does change from day to day, but there are hundreds of newbies and trainees out and about at the moment.

There was quite a few that went to Maidenhead from Old Oak.

silverstar

Talking to someone at MTR, they have a group which started this week ??? or sometime in Jan and another will start in March which will be group 39. I don't think they are taking anymore, but holding people in a talent pool for natural wasted. Saying that though, the railway does change from day to day, but there are hundreds of newbies and trainees out and about at the moment.

There was quite a few that went to Maidenhead from Old Oak.
Yeah I spoke to someone today. Nothing for the first half of the year and nothing confirmed as of yet for the second half. I guess we'll have to wait for now.

Sizmahmood

For everyone waiting in a talent pool i found out i passed my dmi on the 24th dec. Have had it on the 18th dec. Interviewer stated its likely the next round of training will be between may-summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.