• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Does anyone know if MTR have reached their quota or whether that will be doing another stage of recruiting this year?

EvoUK

Does anyone know if MTR have reached their quota or whether that will be doing another stage of recruiting this year?
During my DMI, I was informed that MTR had reached their quota and if successful I would be placed into their talent pool (likely until the summer) and only be contacted once they were ready to run another training programme to replace those drivers that would be moving on, retiring etc.

During my DMI, I was informed that MTR had reached their quota and if successful I would be placed into their talent pool (likely until the summer) and only be contacted once they were ready to run another training programme to replace those drivers that would be moving on, retiring etc.
Wow really

BigBus

Its getting very close, The next confirmed group will start in March 2020. Even If you’re in the Talent pool, you will be most likely at the front of the queue.

Bobby4126

It looks like, from my understanding after speaking to one of the recruitment people, regardless of when you entered the talent pool, they pick the closest candidates to the station that needs a position filled... annoying not knowing if and when a position will become available after being in the pool for the past 4 months.

Ash1984

It looks like, from my understanding after speaking to one of the recruitment people, regardless of when you entered the talent pool, they pick the closest candidates to the station that needs a position filled... annoying not knowing if and when a position will become available after being in the pool for the past 4 months.

wow, really? which depot did you apply for?

Charlie9649

Hi just been reading through and this is my first time writing a post. I had my MMI in July but didn’t have my DMI until 16/10 and I got my results 31/10. Happy to say I was successful and just waiting for course dates Matthew in the recruitment team said prob going to be second half of year as no course dates been uploaded yet after March

Dredal84

Hi all,

I passed my DMI in September. Has anyone started their training? Anyone waited longer than 6 months to start?

Bobby4126

Hi all,

I passed my DMI in September. Has anyone started their training? Anyone waited longer than 6 months to start?
I’m coming up to 5 months of sitting on the holding pool. No updates, upon calling recruitment they said there they are possibly running courses starting at the end of summer but the spaces will dictated by the requirements needed at each depot at a closer time. All we can do is cross our fingers and wait.

Have you received a job offer and which depot?

BigBus

Hi all,

It all depends on which depot you have applied for. I know someone waited 10 months before been offered a placement.

Mekiz79

I've been in the talent pool since November 2018, for Gidea Park. I have given up waiting, luckily I start with Greater Anglia tomorrow.
Goodluck to those of you that are waiting for a start date, hope you don't have to wait too long.

Dredal84

I’m coming up to 5 months of sitting on the holding pool. No updates, upon calling recruitment they said there they are possibly running courses starting at the end of summer but the spaces will dictated by the requirements needed at each depot at a closer time. All we can do is cross our fingers and wait.

Have you received a job offer and which depot?
I was told I successfully passed the DMI but no official offer until recruited for training. My depot is Abbey Wood.

Archiepayne

Anyone heard anything in regards to Gidea Park/ Ilford depot I applied ages ago and passed the whole process and I am currently just waiting for a training start date. But it has been sometime I'd probably say over a year anyone in the same boat?

Talent pools most likely gonna be delayed with all that is going on ...would be very surprise if a course happens this year

Shozaloza

Has anyone heard if there will be any training start dates this year? Those of us who are in the talent pool were told likely summer time. I wonder if they are still going ahead....any thoughts?

joshuan542

The talent pool is quite extensive, some guys I know are still waiting and it has been around 3 years since they were placed in the pool

Has anyone heard if there will be any training start dates this year? Those of us who are in the talent pool were told likely summer time. I wonder if they are still going ahead....any thoughts?
I would be very surprised if it happenS but stay positive

cseasy1984

Any updates?? Heard nobody dealing with recruitment atm due to what’s going on
Everyone in the office is working from home at the moment, they are currently focusing on increasing the current service levels and getting dynamic testing to resume. With that said i would imagine HR will be looking into recruitment issues as soon as they have dealt with any other pressing issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.