• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Train Driver Old Oak Common

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspirin80

Hi Guys
Has anyone who had an interview in December on January had a reply yet confirming you have or haven't got the job?
Hi Ricardo
When you had your interview? And how you think it went...
I had mine on the beginning of January.
I called them yesterday again and they told me that the results are ready I just have to wait for the HR to contact me...
I'm a bit nervous! I don't know what to expect...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ricardo44

Hi Ricardo
When you had your interview? And how you think it went...
I had mine on the beginning of January.
I called them yesterday again and they told me that the results are ready I just have to wait for the HR to contact me...
I'm a bit nervous! I don't know what to expect...
Hey Aspirin80
I had mine at the beginning of January also. I haven't rang them yet. Was going to maybe wait it out a few more days. I feel the same the way, they said 2 weeks it's been much longer, do you think no news is good news? Would they let us wait this long to then say we haven't got the job :( . Hope not. I believe it went well i have faith just depends on what they are looking for really. I answered every question in depth so i dont see why i shouldnt get it but who knows lol. How do you think it went for you?

Ricardo44

Does anyone know the longest someone has had to wait for Crossrail to tell them they didn't get the Job? For me It's been over a month now with no response form Crossraill. I don't think it's fair on someone to wait this long to be told no.

Atloat

Hi Guys. I too have been waiting since early Jan. I have not heard anything yet but today I did get an automated e-mail from the HR Dept with an electronic copy of the Crossrail magazine. I keep checking my email and this thread. Has anyone got any updates.

Aspirin80

Hi Guys. I too have been waiting since early Jan. I have not heard anything yet but today I did get an automated e-mail from the HR Dept with an electronic copy of the Crossrail magazine. I keep checking my email and this thread. Has anyone got any updates.
Hi there I just received that email too...
Do you think is a sign...????

Atloat

I dont want to jinx anything.... but it’s the most exciting email I have seen for a while. ( and I should know. I’m checking all the time)

Hi guys, I applied for a trainee train driver role at old oak common and passed my second assessment day on 4th Oct 2017. I was told my manager interview would be either just before Christmas or in the new year and would receive an OTDPQ to complete prior to attending the interview. On 8th November 17 I received an email to say MTR policy had changed OTDPQ needed to completed first then an interview date would be given. I completed the questionnaire on the 9th November 2017 and have been waiting for a manager interview since then.

I have contacted mtr hr and am awaiting a response from them but any ideas if interviews are still being done and if I have just somehow been forgotten about?

Thanks in advance

Sylvester

Yes, I heard back a few months ago. For those of us who passed their assessments / interviews late last year, courses are starting from January, 2019. Also, do not be surprised if your depot location has changed from Old Oak Common to Maidenhead. They informed me that I would receive my contract three months ago. I am still waiting.

sharpinf

Yes, I heard back a few months ago. For those of us who passed their assessments / interviews late last year, courses are starting from January, 2019. Also, do not be surprised if your depot location has changed from Old Oak Common to Maidenhead. They informed me that I would receive my contract three months ago. I am still waiting.

Ah interesting thank you - my position is similar to niahay but so far had only heard that it was to be "late this year to early next year". Was that by phoning you found out this please? I suppose considering the timings of opening if it is Maidenhead based logically they only need to begin training for that side at a later time as services out west build up.

Mo ali

Hello people I’m new to this forum.

I have had my interview in November and was accepted and signed my contract that came through the post for start date in may this year however I later received a new contract with October start date but I haven’t had.my medical yet . Is anyone else in the same boat thanks.

Hello people I’m new to this forum.

I have had my interview in November and was accepted and signed my contract that came through the post for start date in may this year however I later received a new contract with October start date but I haven’t had.my medical yet . Is anyone else in the same boat thanks.
Well done first of all.

If you're member of aslef I would talk to them, they can't change a start date to a contract that has been approved and singed by some high up hr manager.

Emma85

Hello mate,

I did my Driver manager interview a few months ago and I’m happy to say I have successfully passed.

The questions that I can remember being asked were :

similar competency based questions asked as you did in your MMI interview.

Questions around MTR corporation and the history of MTR.

Questions around crossrail and the different stages of crossrail.

Learn about the new 345 cross rail Trains

The driver managers were really nice, it was a really informal interview, then trying to get to know you as a person. Just be yourself and be confident.

Good luck

Tai

Hi Tai,

Please can you expand on what 'different stages of crossrail' means ?

Status
Not open for further replies.