• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Train Driver Old Oak Common

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nacho85

Best of luck drazky! We'll all be thinking of you!

I'm sure you'll smash the interview having got this far!

RSKB

Hi guys, i attended this mornings 1st assesment day, around 12 of us started but 10 left straight after the initial cluster of GBT + TRP1+TRP2, so only just 1.5 hrs into this process i was already sheettin myself. Another guy and i managed to hang on till the end and now ive got round 2 on 4th Feb. Best of luck for anyone whos attending anything.

By the way i met some trainee train driver who already started the training, they all said the very last Meet the manager is just a chat, just want to get to know you more. They also mentioned to study MTR thoroughly. I guess the more we know about MTR the better. All in all, MMI is likely to be the hardest of em all

Well done mate, only 2 left out off 12, wow!

Was the GBT test the 4 dots? And did you find the TRP1 & 2 similar to the test stuff crossrail supply in the email?

Cheers and the best of luck for next week,:D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh yes!Thank you!

I'm already shee..ing myself..hahaha..:oops::DI don' know how much info they need for mtr and company.Or just use it as an excuse if they decided to "cut " someone?:(
Anyway I'm trying to do my best and cannot wait to cross swords on 28.01.16
It shouldn't be more difficult than MMI...!

Good luck mate.

Skyblumatt

By the way am I the first to have DMI?

Is there someone who have already had DMI?
I mean from people who applied October or November 2015 for Old Oak Common?

Congrats Drazky

I applied late last year, already in a talent pool for different TOC so was lucky enough to go straight to DMI which was last month
Managed to pass it and have medical in August

Hopefully see you there at the end of the year

I got a really good "vibe" from the place when I attended for interview. Everyone very friendly and a really nice facility

Peps123

Congrats Drazky

I applied late last year, already in a talent pool for different TOC so was lucky enough to go straight to DMI which was last month
Managed to pass it and have medical in August

Hopefully see you there at the end of the year

I got a really good "vibe" from the place when I attended for interview. Everyone very friendly and a really nice facility

Hello congrats, maybe you could help me and drazky in to telling us how much u knew about MTR and crossrail for the interview

scabek

Was the GBT test the 4 dots? And did you find the TRP1 & 2 similar to the test stuff crossrail supply in the email?

The GBT yes it was the 4 dots, download the practice app and practice. Loads you will be fine

TRP1 was the Glop
TRP2 was 95% similar to the email from OPC, i found it to be the easies round of the day

RSKB

The GBT yes it was the 4 dots, download the practice app and practice. Loads you will be fine

TRP1 was the Glop
TRP2 was 95% similar to the email from OPC, i found it to be the easies round of the day
Cheers, what is the "glop"?

Many thanks.:D

gpiper

Drazky good luck with your DMI tomorrow. One more hurdle mate and you are through. Off on a little trip myself tomorrow but when I come back next week I will start preparing for day 1 assessment centre.

Nacho85

Had my DDI today!
I will not comment whatever till the verdict is delivered within 14 days as they said.
Only one interesting for all fact:

The guy I always thought is a receptionist appeared to be Area depot manager for east depot!!!???!! He and area manager for west depot interviewed me!!
Think about this....
Good luck to anyone!

I'm sure you did well Drazky! At least it's all done.

I bet that was a surprise!!!

Just out of interest, how detailed were the questions about mtr and ur knowledge?

scotty88

Well done drazky i hope it went well!

i have my interview on feb 10th, cant wait!

good luck to all

scabek

Sorry to ask but what's glop?
(New to forum)

Here http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=111656

Have a look there plus theres plenty of info on various threads
Had my DDI today!
I will not comment whatever till the verdict is delivered within 14 days as they said.
Only one interesting for all fact:

The guy I always thought is a receptionist appeared to be Area depot manager for east depot!!!???!! He and area manager for west depot interviewed me!!
Think about this....
Good luck to anyone![/

Goof luck Drazky, im sure you will be fine. I actually made the same mistake thinking those men sitting behind desks were just admins, lucky those trainee train drivers in the foyer told me those men are actually DUTY, area managers who do interviews lol

Last edited:

HeelBurton

Hi guys,

Just had a phone call / 24 hours after my DMI on 28.01./..

I PASSED and will start my training course on 02.02.2017!

I will try now to find the way to my kitchen to have a Coffee and then will give some more information of how the interview was etc...

Well done!

Nacho85

Hi guys,

Just had a phone call / 24 hours after my DMI on 28.01./..

I PASSED and will start my training course on 02.02.2017!

I will try now to find the way to my kitchen to have a Coffee and then will give some more information of how the interview was etc...

Awesome! Fantastic news drazky! Congratulations! :D

scabek

well done Drazky you smashed it now time to do a little planning for the new chapter in your life. Inspirational!

mike14

I was told the training will be 9 months? Has that changed or will it be different for Shenfield and Old Oak Common?

Czerwony

Hi. can you let me know if OTDPQ and WTC are on the 1st day or 2nd?
I have 1st day on 19.02. Feel well prepared just those two are question mark in my case.I will be grateful for info .
And congratulations in your new career !

Let start again

Hi Guys,

I had my assessment today and passed it!:D
It was Group Bourdon-The easiest part of the assessment!
TRP1-GLOP
TRP2-Dials and cables
Tea-Occ - low and high tones plus the directory
DFFT-tricky one and I would say the most difficult!

we are "rushed" to the next assessment day on 15th of january:

1.WAFV-Vigilance exercise
2.The ATAVT Perception test
3.The two hand CO-ordination test
4.The Situational Judgement Exercise
5.The Multi-Modal Interview /MMI/

The date and instructions for the next tests were given to us at the end of the day.
Nothing is mentioned here for the OTDPQ- outstanding train driver personality questionnaire or WCT-written communication test where you have to make a short story looking at a pictures of some event or situation.
As I understood the failed guys was told they are not up to the national standard!
Good luck to anyone and share your experience from tomorrow's assessment if you can or wish.

gpiper

Hey drazky congratulations. I can honestly say from reading your posts here that you sound like a genuinely nice guy and you deserve all your success so far. I will see how I get on on the 19th and then might message you for some tips. Once again thanks for all the info.
Hi. can you let me know if OTDPQ and WTC are on the 1st day or 2nd?
I have 1st day on 19.02. Feel well prepared just those two are question mark in my case.I will be grateful for info .
And congratulations in your new career !

Hey there Czerwony, welcome to the forum. I have my day 1 on the same day. Looking forward to meeting you!

Status
Not open for further replies.