• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR now recruiting for old oak common (London) courses from early 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

The1

https://ce0068li.webitrent.com/ce00...n/ETREC106GF.display_srch_all?WVID=4121641WJu

Job title Trainee Train Driver
Job reference MTR0255
Date posted 22/05/2017
Application closing date 11/06/2017
Location Old Oak Common
Salary Salary starting from £28, 387 to £57, 035 when fully qualified
Job category/type Trainee Driver
Job description Trainee Train Driver

Old Oak Common Depot - NW10

Salary starting from GBP 28, 387 to GBP 57, 035 when fully qualified

We are delighted to announce that the opportunity has arisen for a number of Trainee Train Driver positions for our Old Oak Common Depot (NW10).

This is the start of your journey towards becoming a MTR Crossrail Qualified Train Driver who will be responsible for driving our passengers across our route safely and efficiently 24 hours a day.

Please apply if you are able to;

* Maintain high levels of concentration with excellent attention to detail

* Follow rules, instructions and procedures

* Easily accommodate shift work on a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week basis

* Work independently for long periods of time while maintaining high levels of awareness

* Travel to our Old Oak Common Depot (NW10) within 40 minutes from your home address

There will be staged assessments to successfully complete and you will be required to pass an occupational medical which covers colour vision testing.

We offer job sharing opportunities however our initial training period which can take around 9-12 months will be on a full time basis.

As a rail operator MTR Crossrail is an organisation that values its workforce, offering career progression and providing the platform for people to grow and develop. We also offer a competitive salary, rail concessions, childcare vouchers, a dedicated benefits station for retail and entertainment discounts and an option to join our final salary pension scheme.

Please note that training courses for our Old Oak Common Depot will not start until the beginning of 2018.

MTR Crossrail Ltd welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.

Our Values: Value Creation, Enterprising Spirit, Excellent Service, Mutual Respect

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PudseyBearHST

Thanks for that. Unless I seem to have missed it, it doesn't say what the minimum age is. I will be 20 in early 2018 and whilst I know it's normally 21 for a mainline driver, there are some companies that accept 20 year olds such as SouthEastern.
Might have to drop them an email

Last edited:

slidingdoors

What happens in these circumstances if you live within 40 mins, get the job / complete training and once fully up and running move further out? Do they just accept it or terminate you?

Bromley boy

Established Member
Thanks for that. Unless I seem to have missed it, it doesn't say what the minimum age is. I will be 20 in early 2018 and whilst I know it's normally 21 for a mainline driver, there are some companies that accept 20 year olds such as SouthEastern.
Might have to drop them an email

I believe I'm right in saying you need to be 21 to drive on your own, so you'd need to be "20-and-a-half" or so on starting training to ensure you weren't age-barred from driving alone when awarded your key.

Last edited:

greatkingrat

Established Member
What happens in these circumstances if you live within 40 mins, get the job / complete training and once fully up and running move further out? Do they just accept it or terminate you?

As long as you get to work on time, they don't care what you do once you have joined.

Tron81

Good morning, how is everyone finding the application process?

Last edited:

PudseyBearHST

I believe I'm right in saying you need to be 21 to drive on your own, so you'd need to be "20-and-a-half" or so on starting training to ensure you weren't age-barred from driving alone when awarded your key.

Thanks. They actually said that you need to be 20 and a half on application (right now) so you would be 21 when you start training. How do you withdraw an application lol? Theres no option on the website unless I'm missing something

Samoose25

Afternoon everyone

I also got invited to take the online assessment today. Good luck everyone.

Monopoli

just situatonal questions about the best options to take.

Currently waiting to see how it went
Thanks
The trainee train driver process seems very challenging. So many tests just want to be prepared.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tron81

Keep an eye on your inboxes...responses are being handed out.

Roynish

Hi all.. first time poster here and soon to be frequenter of this informational treasure trove. I've started the process for the latest MTR recruitment drive and am wondering what the bar actually is for eyesight. Not had mine checked for ages and am pretty sure it's not 20/20 anymore but how good does it have to be as would get some lasik if needed?

Tron81

Does anyone have the application stages saved anywhere? If so could you post them as i can't seem to find them anymore. Many thanks

Last edited:

Omar

Does anyone have the application stages saved anywhere? If so could you post them as i can't seem to find them anymore. Many thanks

7 Stages of the selection procedure
Stage 1: Complete and submit your MTR Crossrail application, you will then receive an email which will contain your link to the online questionnaire. This stage will involve you completing an online questionnaire where you will need to answer some questions about how you like to work, what you know about the driver role and MTR Crossrail and how you would manage different situations. If you are successful through the online questionnaire you will then be invited to complete stage 2.

Stage 2: Online testing: For this stage we will email you a web link to complete two tests online. The Visual Search Exercise (VSE) will take you around 60 minutes and the Situational Judgement Test (SJT) will take a further 60 minutes. Both tests will be scored and if you meet the required standard then you will be invited to complete stage 3.

Stage 3: Paper and pencil tests: At this stage you will be asked to complete a range of psychometric tests that will assess your skills and abilities that are required for the role of train driving with MTR Crossrail. These will be the Group Bourdon and Tea-Occ which assesses attention, the TRP1 and TRP2 test which is a trainability test, and the DFFT which looks at fault finding. During the assessment centre we will then score up your tests and if you meet the standard that we are looking for you will then be invited to attend stage 4.

Stage 4: Computer based tests: This stage will be held at the MTR Crossrail offices again near Liverpool Street, London. At the centre you will be asked to complete a number of computer based tests - WAFV vigilance exercise, ATAVT perception test, 2-Hand co-ordination test, Situational Judgement Test (SJT), OTDPQ personality questionnaire. Again these will be scored by our assessors throughout the day. If you meet the MTR Crossrail standard you will have an interview with one of our assessors and if you match our train driver requirements then we will invite you to stage 5.

Stage 5: Interview: This is your final interview again at MTR Crossrail offices near Liverpool Street, London with a line manager. This is your opportunity to tell us more about you and why you're suitable for the role. You will also be asked to give strong examples of how you've dealt with various situations. If you are successful through the line manager interview then we will be delighted to offer you a trainee train driver role. This is subject to a satisfactory medical and reference check.

Stage 6: Medical: You will be asked to attend a medical with our occupational health team where a comprehensive check will be undertaken to assess your fitness to perform the train driver role. A drugs and alcohol test will also be undertaken.

Stage 7: Reference and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Checks: We will ask you to provide references that will be verified. We will also ask you to complete a DBS form that will then be checked with the relevant statutory authorities.

R9mmel

Passed the first set of online test now for the second set with VSE and timed SJT. Anyone know if the VSE is difficult?

Also this process is quite lengthy and more rigorous than LU

Last edited:

Termak

Passed the first set of online test now for the second set with VSE and timed SJT. Anyone know if the VSE is difficult?

VSE is not difficult but don't be fooled by stage 1 and 2. On the third stage be prepared for things to happen fast and unexpectedly. More errors do occur and some you may have not seen in stage 1.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Tron81

I'm gonna take this later on today or tomorrow.

Tron81

But you see how quick MTR are moving! I still haven't got a reply about the SJT with LU.

Tron81

Thanks for the stages omar. Much appreciated. I don't where they have vanished too

Status
Not open for further replies.