• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Trainee Driver - Old Oak Common (14/05/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimbo12

I have just heard that MTR might be releasing an advert tomorrow for Trainee Drivers for Old Oak Common, apparently for a course that might start later this year. Unfortunately by the sounds of it this is the only location they will be recruiting for as all other depots are full. When i spoke to someone they said that if it does go live it is likely that it will only be up for a few hours to control the applications!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T-Karmel

If we can see it now it is indeed external. So apply away!
It's not because it's not on the external website. Feel free to apply, they don't even ask if you're internal candidate, but it doesn't make it external vacancy just because we've got access to the link. Everyone can get access to the link as well as entire internal list of vacancies.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
It's not because it's not on the external website. Feel free to apply, they don't even ask if you're internal candidate, but it doesn't make it external vacancy just because we've got access to the link. Everyone can get access to the link as well as entire internal list of vacancies.

True, but if its public realistically anyone can apply. They may pick up on this though if lots of external people apply.

nimbo12

It has just gone live externally, be careful going through the internal portal a friend just got rejected after applying on the internal page. I think they changed the application form to ask if you were internal or not last night.

I just looked at the advert and it is saying that any externals coming through the internal portal won't be considered. Just a heads upScreenshot_20210515_092342_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Gs1

I applied yesterday using the internal link provided in this thread without realising, I thought it was advertised external. When I tried to apply today via the external website it says you already have an application in progress for this position.
Should I withdraw it then re apply via the external website?

Suley91

I applied yesterday using the internal link provided in this thread without realising, I thought it was advertised external. When I tried to apply today via the external website it says you already have an application in progress for this position.
Should I withdraw it then re apply via the external website?
I tried to apply this morning before 12 and it asked if I was employed by MTR which I am not therefore wouldn’t allow me to as it was for internal applications only.

I just now have submitted an application so I’m assuming it is open for everyone else.

Good luck all.

T-Karmel

That will be all for external candidates, vacancy is now closed. The one for internals is still up and running.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Considering this is internal only, I will close this thread for now. Please report the thread if anything changes.

May 16th: I have now unlocked this thread as some people were able to apply in the very short space of time it was external before it closed.

Last edited:
I applied Friday with no questions of if I work for MTR whatsoever. I've applied but not sure now if I followed the internal or external. I've checked my emails and I've logged in on the careers website and it's still not obvious what I've done. Any ideas how I can find out

Sabali

It has just gone live externally, be careful going through the internal portal a friend just got rejected after applying on the internal page. I think they changed the application form to ask if you were internal or not last night.

I just looked at the advert and it is saying that any externals coming through the internal portal won't be considered. Just a heads upView attachment 96293
Yeah same thing happened to me. But its a little silly to bother, they seem to be clearly prioritising internal

I’ve just had a response from mtr cross rail inviting me to the next stage, must of been the correct link I followed. Hope that those of you that applied had a positive Response

Suley91

Just received an email to move onto the next stage. Anyone else get one?

Also does anyone know what types of questions are asked? Any research I need to do on MTR prior to doing the test?

cheers

I’ve just had a response from mtr cross rail inviting me to the next stage, must of been the correct link I followed. Hope that those of you that applied had a positive Response
Well done mate

Sabali

Oh rah that's great news. Was you internal or you done it externally?

Gs1

Just received an email to move onto the next stage. Anyone else get one?

Also does anyone know what types of questions are asked? Any research I need to do on MTR prior to doing the test?

cheers

Well done mate
it's pretty straight forward.

RobP1

I didnt get an email to my email address inviting me to stage 1 tests but I had a message in my Crossrail jobs profile. The message was in a letter format with the link and a code for the suitability questions (stage 1)

Tbe letter was addressed to my email but I didn't receive it so its worth checking for an online message.

Hope this helps someone who is waiting for a response.

re the tests, I know its all down to personal opinion but I'm really stuck

I know the top 3 priorities / important parts but the next question goes into what my bottom three priorities are.... in my opinion they are all important so now what!

Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated.

I'm a qualified LU driver and we are heavily customer focused and I know network rail tend to prioritise everything else lol (that was a tongue in cheek comment)

Many thanks

Suley91

it's pretty straight forward.
Yeah just completed it now

The way they described it in the email had me thinking they was gonna ask questions on the company lol

But yeah, standard stuff

I didnt get an email to my email address inviting me to stage 1 tests but I had a message in my Crossrail jobs profile. The message was in a letter format with the link and a code for the suitability questions (stage 1)

Tbe letter was addressed to my email but I didn't receive it so its worth checking for an online message.

Hope this helps someone who is waiting for a response.

re the tests, I know its all down to personal opinion but I'm really stuck

I know the top 3 priorities / important parts but the next question goes into what my bottom three priorities are.... in my opinion they are all important so now what!

Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated.

I'm a qualified LU driver and we are heavily customer focused and I know network rail tend to prioritise everything else lol (that was a tongue in cheek comment)

Many thanks
Yeah it was a tricky one, however the question was based on being a driver and most of the answers were to do with safety of the train i.e checking faults etc. so I put those first. Can’t provide good customer service with a faulty train lol ‍♂️

Last edited:

RobP1

Yeah just completed it now

The way they described it in the email had me thinking they was gonna ask questions on the company lol

But yeah, standard stuff

Yeah it was a tricky one, however the question was based on being a driver and most of the answers were to do with safety of the train i.e checking faults etc. so I put those first. Can’t provide good customer service with a faulty train lol ‍♂️
Cheers Suley. Yes I had that impression too so was ready to research the Elizabeth Line. There is no time limit just dont lose internet connection so I went through the test and went back a few times to double check my answers.

Be aware that the answers you give to these questions can come up later on in Depot Manager interview

I just got the invite to the next stage from the opc
  • Visual Search Exercise – 60 mins
  • · M7 Situational Judgement Test – 60 mins
Has anyone had any experience with these before this is my first time

Status
Not open for further replies.